That City Comparison Thing They Do

bestfightstory

Reaction score
At the games this year. I hope they use Tiny Tim as the musician to compare Hendrix with.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
They've got a glutton of musicans they can pick from both cities. Minny has Low, Soul Asylum, Husker Du, Information Society, The Jets, The Replacements, Morris Day and The Time, Bob Dylan, and aforementioned Prince. Seattle boasts Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Sir Mix-a-lot, Steve Miller, Heart, and aforementioned Jimi Hendrix.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
hawkfan68":vpaxnest said:
They've got a glutton of musicans they can pick from both cities. Minny has Low, Soul Asylum, Husker Du, Information Society, The Jets, The Replacements, Morris Day and The Time, Bob Dylan, and aforementioned Prince.

Impressive. Nice work if you didn't Wikipedia to come up with all of those . Low and Dylan are from Duluth/Greater Minnesota/Hibbing, but yeah, it is the Minnesota Vikings so that works.

But the point of that thing they do is to mock the opposition and most of the artists you named are actually artistic. Some would say Tiny Tim, is as well, but it would be good for a laugh to throw his face up there as he is a freaky dude.

Anyway, I will be asking tomorrow what they used during that feature. I only saw the San Fran one but Ithink that thing is really funny.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1kv2emn5 said:
hawkfan68":1kv2emn5 said:
They've got a glutton of musicans they can pick from both cities. Minny has Low, Soul Asylum, Husker Du, Information Society, The Jets, The Replacements, Morris Day and The Time, Bob Dylan, and aforementioned Prince.

Impressive. Nice work if you didn't Wikipedia to come up with all of those . Low and Dylan are from Duluth/Greater Minnesota/Hibbing, but yeah, it is the Minnesota Vikings so that works.

But the point of that thing they do is to mock the opposition and most of the artists you named are actually artistic. Some would say Tiny Tim, is as well, but it would be good for a laugh to throw his face up there as he is a freaky dude.

Anyway, I will be asking tomorrow what they used during that feature. I only saw the San Fran one but Ithink that thing is really funny.

Thanks. Nope didn't use wikipedia on those. Most of my brain is filled with useless facts....until rare cases like this one. I seem to remember things that aren't useful for most part but when it comes to trivia it is quite helpful.

Riley12

Reaction score
One comparison (maybe the final one) should be respective stadiums and false start penalties. The MetroDome is right on our heels, but we
still have the lead, using 2005 as the start date.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1mp1ijhb said:
Seahawkfan80":1mp1ijhb said:
Nickelback??? had a few good songs there.

Nickelback is from Canada, I believe it's BC. So is Bryan Adams.
So is Rush, April Wine, Triumph, The Tragically Hip, Neil Young (born there though broke out of L.A.), Joni Mitchell, The Guess Who, Bachman-Turner Overdrive (off the top of my head).

RE: Bryan Adams, man Summer of '69 is a good story and fun song.

McGruff

Reaction score
Bruce Cockburn is the greatest Canadian musician ever, and is tragically overlooked here in the US.

He greatest band to come out of Minnespta is the similarly overlooked band the Jayhawks.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
McGruff":175yazdx said:
Bruce Cockburn is the greatest Canadian musician ever, and is tragically overlooked here in the US.

He greatest band to come out of Minnespta is the similarly overlooked band the Jayhawks.

The Jayhawks suck IMO. And badly. And I am casual friends with a couple of them.

But as for Cockburn. I love everything about the man. Own every one of his albums. Have seen him perform in a large number of places in a bunch of cities. As a spiritual person and a traveler and appreciatorof great guitar work I dig everything Bruce Cockburn is.

But don't make me pick between Cockburn and Leonard Cohen for best Canadian musician.

I won't do it.

They are both better than Neil Young, though.

Axx

Reaction score
Too many nickelback fans on this website....

Latest posts