That City Comparison Thing They Do

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Minny has the R&B group Next. This song was a hit..

[youtube]kwEZRPkAAu8[/youtube]

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1ek1tyu6 said:
The Jayhawks suck IMO. And badly. And I am casual friends with a couple of them.

Pics or it's just more b...s..t BeeFuS

Jimi swings a big bat for us here in the northwest, but he was enamored with that jewish folk artist from Minny so much so to remake "All along the watch tower" that the proprietor believed he no longer owned the song.

I'm a little messed up as I type this but let us not forget the "Bing" from Tacoma.

Crosby>Prince

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":kbm95xei said:
bestfightstory":kbm95xei said:
The Jayhawks suck IMO. And badly. And I am casual friends with a couple of them.

Jimi swings a big bat for us here in the northwest, but he was enamored with that jewish folk artist from Minny so much so to remake "All along the watch tower" that the proprietor believed he no longer owned the song.

I'm a little messed up as I type this but let us not forget the "Bing" from Tacoma.

Crosby>Prince
Bing was born in Tacoma but let's not forget he grew up in Spokane (family moved there when he was 3). An amazing, amazing vocalist/singer.

And yeah, Jimi loved Dylan's music.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2n1qmgu6 said:
400WattHPSHawk":2n1qmgu6 said:
bestfightstory":2n1qmgu6 said:

Crosby>Prince
Bing was born in Tacoma but let's not forget he grew up in Spokane (family moved there when he was 3). An amazing, amazing vocalist/singer.

Thanks Day1. I've known I can always count on you for proper backup since, what, July 17th 77'? 8)

HansGruber

Reaction score
The Melvins are better than anything that has ever come out of Minny.

And no mention of Mother Love Bone? TAD? Mudhoney? The Accused? Gas Huffer? Hole? Sky Cries Mary? There was a lot more punk than just Nirvana.

And you can't leave out Quincy Jones.

McGruff

Reaction score
The Posies, while technically from Bellingham, were the best act to come out of the Northwest during the nineties, but they got swallowed up by grunge and didn't fit the target demographic.

Tragic, really. Great harmonies, fantastic melodies.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":1hmmi67e said:
bestfightstory":1hmmi67e said:

If I am name dropping the freaking Jayhawks for some kind of cred, and you are demanding pictures as proof then we have truly sunk to an all-time low in a world of celebrity celebration.

The Cows were a badass punk band from MSP. They played with the Melvin's on many occasions.

Run Westy Run were good as well.

(Like Tad or Melvin's or Supersuckers few in the stadium would know anything about them, however)

GeekHawk

Reaction score
If you're counting Nirvana, then you're going for Washington State. In that case, you left out The Ventures along with Paul Revere and the Raiders! Go 50s-60s! :les:

GeekHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1ylwar33 said:
400WattHPSHawk":1ylwar33 said:
bestfightstory":1ylwar33 said:

Crosby>Prince

My grandmother told me once that Bing lived down the street in Spokane (they were about the same age) and they used to get in rocks-in-the-snowball fights in the winter!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":26nzar0a said:
hawksfansinceday1":26nzar0a said:
400WattHPSHawk":26nzar0a said:
bestfightstory":26nzar0a said:

Crosby>Prince

Thanks Day1. I've known I can always count on you for proper backup since, what, July 17th 77'? 8)
Yep. Was a good day wasn't it my friend?

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
So what were the comparisons? I'm super curious. Love that installment to gameday.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Jimi Hendrix vs. Prince today. So says my wife. Missed it while peeing.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2iovtq6g said:
Jimi Hendrix vs. Prince today. So says my wife. Missed it while peeing.

Ahhh. That's actually sporting. Not a fan of Prince but acknowledge his talent. I'd have used Hendrix vs Tiny Tim. Thanks, man!

If anybody else can tell me what else they juxtaposed, I'd be thankful.