The 2018 Recruiting Thread

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
davidonmi":1mrjwy1q said:
JSeahawks":1mrjwy1q said:
Kaleipo wants to be a Duck. His mom wants him to be a Husky. Gotta love parents that wont let their kids make their own decisions Oh well, Cristobol will probably land somebody better.
1. you don't know what he really wants. his twitter timeline does not back up your assertion. you could be right, you could not be right.
2. good luck finding someone better. that BS hype Oregon had this summer is starting to wear off. Taggart is your sark

1. I personally know the person that edited his "I commit to Oregon" edit for him before his mom jumped into the picture. You can believe it or not, doesnt really matter, because hes going to UW.

2. Oregon recruiting is just getting started. Wait til you see what we finish up with this cycle. We've got 2 five stars still coming, plus a few more high 4 stars. I have zero worries in that department.

davidonmi

Reaction score
JSeahawks":n0p7t1h3 said:
davidonmi":n0p7t1h3 said:
JSeahawks":n0p7t1h3 said:
Kaleipo wants to be a Duck. His mom wants him to be a Husky. Gotta love parents that wont let their kids make their own decisions Oh well, Cristobol will probably land somebody better.
1. you don't know what he really wants. his twitter timeline does not back up your assertion. you could be right, you could not be right.
2. good luck finding someone better. that BS hype Oregon had this summer is starting to wear off. Taggart is your sark

1. I personally know the person that edited his "I commit to Oregon" edit for him before his mom jumped into the picture. You can believe it or not, doesnt really matter, because hes going to UW.

2. Oregon recruiting is just getting started. Wait til you see what we finish up with this cycle. We've got 2 five stars still coming, plus a few more high 4 stars. I have zero worries in that department.
a large number of your current "commits" are taking multiple visits. let's see where y'all are at when you're 2-5 in conference in a month.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I think UW is gonna finish with a strong class. I have no doubt Oregon's will be rated higher as it will take time to change the reputation of the two programs. but that is half the game. if recruiting were all that mattered USC would win the pac-12 every season. the way taggart runs his program is very sark-like.

I'd welcome a UW Oregon rivalry where both teams are top 10, especially given UW and Oregon don't seem to be recruiting the same players. ND and Stanford are killing us.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
davidonmi":3ezprrj6 said:
a large number of your current "commits" are taking multiple visits. let's see where y'all are at when you're 2-5 in conference in a month. you'll get hufunga. not sure who the 2nd one you're referencing is tho

Yep, Taggarts rule is that commits can take as many visits as they want, as long as Oregon gets the final visit. I love that rule personally. Losing a few games wont be a problem, they commited to a 4-8 team. They knew it was a rebuilding project when they commited. Just gotta keep pushing hope for the future, which there is tons of. Defense is massively improved and offense was top 5 in the country before injuries hit. I'm sure there will be a decommit or two though, there always is, and I have full confidence in this staff to replace them with other studs. The 2nd 5 star is Devon Williams, athlete from Los Angeles.

Curious, did you hear anything about how Tommy Togiai's visit went? That dude is a stud.

Btw, i'm not completely sold on Taggart as an x's and o's coach. But I am completely sold on the staff he built, especially defensively.

davidonmi

Reaction score
JSeahawks":awtcm5q2 said:
davidonmi":awtcm5q2 said:
a large number of your current "commits" are taking multiple visits. let's see where y'all are at when you're 2-5 in conference in a month. you'll get hufunga. not sure who the 2nd one you're referencing is tho

Yep, Taggarts rule is that commits can take as many visits as they want, as long as Oregon gets the final visit. I love that rule personally. Losing a few games wont be a problem, they commited to a 4-8 team. They knew it was a rebuilding project when they commited. Just gotta keep pushing hope for the future, which there is tons of. Defense is massively improved and offense was top 5 in the country before injuries hit. I'm sure there will be a decommit or two though, there always is, and I have full confidence in this staff to replace them with other studs. The 2nd 5 star is Devon Williams, athlete from Los Angeles.

Curious, did you hear anything about how Tommy Togiai's visit went? That dude is a stud.
ruth is claiming it went super well and we may even be the leaders now, which doesn't surprise me and I'm not buying.

Kid is enamored with tOSU.

davidonmi

Reaction score
malloe needs to and will be replaced this offseason. he can coach DL that is for sure, but like with strausser if you can't recruit you have to go (kwitkowski the one exception). and he's not a good recruiter

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
davidonmi":2eun3nuo said:
malloe needs to and will be replaced this offseason. he can coach DL that is for sure, but like with strausser if you can't recruit you have to go (kwitkowski the one exception). and he's not a good recruiter

Really? You think they'll fire Malloe? I figured he might be your d'coordinator in waiting (assuming Jimmy Lake gets a head coach job or big time D. Coordinator position somewhere else)

davidonmi

Reaction score
if UW can finish with
2 of taimani, tremblay, and togiai. (I think we get tremblay and taimani feels like either we're neck and neck with ND or leading)
1 of martin and Kaho (I think we get him)
and then 1 or both of Irvin and Gordon it'll be a great class.
Not sure about RB but given how deep we are in that position I'm not sure it matters. Not in love with Newton or Brown

davidonmi

Reaction score
JSeahawks":28j6gpac said:
davidonmi":28j6gpac said:

Really? You think they'll fire Malloe? I figured he might be your d'coordinator in waiting (assuming Jimmy Lake gets a head coach job or big time D. Coordinator position somewhere else)
kwitkowski is the D-coordinator, and he's not going anywhere. I do think malloe gets fired unless he saves himself this recruiting cycle.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
davidonmi":3rvn1agi said:
JSeahawks":3rvn1agi said:
davidonmi":3rvn1agi said:

kwitkowski is the D-coordinator, and he's not going anywhere. I do think malloe gets fired unless he saves himself this recruiting cycle.

He seems like a great coach. Although you're right, his recruiting doesnt seem up to par.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
davidonmi":a1z40ck0 said:
if UW can finish with
2 of taimani, tremblay, and togiai. (I think we get tremblay and taimani feels like either we're neck and neck with ND or leading)
Not sure about RB but given how deep we are in that position I'm not sure it matters. Not in love with Newton or Brown

For what its worth, Jhop says that Oregon is in a pretty good spot with Tremblay. We'll see what happens. Thanks for participating in this thread though, i love talking about this stuff. Recruiting is a year long roller coaster.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The number 2 overall player in the 2019 class. DT from Louisiana. I'm guessing he'll probably end up at Alabama or LSU, but still cool to see:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/isopsher/status/917587529632796672[/tweet]

davidonmi

Reaction score
another guy who I forgot to mention is mauresse wren. who now has 6 CB's to UW. would be a good fit as an outside rusher for us. Wants to play WR which is not his future. we're recruiting him as an athlete

goseahawks2012

Reaction score
JSeahawks":20hj5y2n said:
davidonmi":20hj5y2n said:
if UW can finish with

For what its worth, Jhop says that Oregon is in a pretty good spot with Tremblay. We'll see what happens. Thanks for participating in this thread though, i love talking about this stuff. Recruiting is a year long roller coaster.

Really? Didn't know Oregon was pursuing trembly. I thought it was a 2 way battle between Alabama and UW

sdog1981

Reaction score
This article is from 2014 it shows that bad coaching staffs will ruin any recruit regardless of star rating.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/10 ... igning-day

I would trust Chris Petersen with the 100th rated class more then I would trust Willie Taggart with the number 1 class.

Just look at Oregon's top performing class of 2008 was ranked 8th in the conference.

https://oregon.247sports.com/Season/200 ... ll/Commits

It is all about coaching who can turn a homesick 18-year old into a football force in three years.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
sdog1981":2txjhnlo said:
This article is from 2014 it shows that bad coaching staffs will ruin any recruit regardless of star rating.

I would trust Chris Petersen with the 100th rated class more then I would trust Willie Taggart with the number 1 class.

Just look at Oregon's top performing class of 2008 was ranked 8th in the conference.

It is all about coaching who can turn a homesick 18-year old into a football force in three years.

Player development under Helfrich was nonexistent. There were some good coaches on that staff, but I think even the good coaches were burnt out. Taggart's staff, especially the defensive side, is freaking amazing at developing and using talent. The improvement of both the individuals, as well as the whole, is off the charts. Offensively I don't think there is as much of a difference, but there wasn't nearly as much room for improvement. I don't know about Taggart himself, but he built an incredible staff that I wouldn't trade for anyone else in the country, especially on the defensive side. Leavitt, Salave'a, Clark and Heyward were worth every penny.

sdog1981

Reaction score
JSeahawks":y2m4ftv9 said:
sdog1981":y2m4ftv9 said:

Player development under Helfrich was nonexistent. There were some good coaches on that staff, but I think even the good coaches were burnt out. .

This was the biggest shock of the duck's dip. It was like all of the talent just fell off a cliff.

davidonmi

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2muwoa4r said:
sdog1981":2muwoa4r said:

Player development under Helfrich was nonexistent. There were some good coaches on that staff, but I think even the good coaches were burnt out. Taggart's staff, especially the defensive side, is freaking amazing at developing and using talent. The improvement of both the individuals, as well as the whole, is off the charts. Offensively I don't think there is as much of a difference, but there wasn't nearly as much room for improvement. I don't know about Taggart himself, but he built an incredible staff that I wouldn't trade for anyone else in the country, especially on the defensive side. Leavitt, Salave'a, Clark and Heyward were worth every penny.
sark brought on Wilcox, Tosh, Sirmon, etc. and while the recruiting and defense improved the team was still an undisciplined mess.
asst. coaches aren't permanent and can only do so much

davidonmi

Reaction score
whoa.
Ohio State mod says if togiai decides today it's likely UW.

Will announce in December because it sounds like his coach is pushing tOSU and told him to hold off. Won't even visit USC.
this would be gigantic.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
davidonmi":2wvo1hw5 said:
whoa.
Ohio State mod says if togiai decides today it's likely UW.

Will announce in December because it sounds like his coach is pushing tOSU and told him to hold off. Won't even visit USC.
this would be gigantic.

Would be a huge get. If he's not announcing til December the Huskies need to worry about the post visit glow wearing off. Obviously distance favors Washington in this one, but Urban Meyer usually gets his man. Togiai is a beast. If that happens you may have to rescind your "fire Malloe" idea.

Are you a member over at realdawg? Whats your name there? I've been banned from that place more times then I can count, usually just for being a smartass, not even for saying anything bad. My current banning was because I asked why any recruit would want to wear the color purple. Ruth doesnt have much of a sense of humor.