The 2018 Recruiting Thread

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
drrew":3gdxkazo said:
Sirmon and Yankoff both signed this morning for UW. Not sure how Petersen talked them both into coming, but it's great to have options.

There seem to be some people really confident that Eason is transferring here. How would that even work between 1 year of Browning and the 2 freshmen. I now Eason would sit a year but if the freshmen are as good as people say they will be starting, so why would Eason come?

Anajimmc

Reaction score
JSeahawks":lf5hogqx said:
Anajimmc":lf5hogqx said:
Damn, USC missed on Jackson Carmen, Time to flip Woodbey.

Woodbey I think is going to Florida State.
That's the buzz I'm hearing too. Did Oregon/Taggert even recruit Him?

Anajimmc

Reaction score
In the last few days USC has lost, a running back, a linebacker and a receiver. Today we've flipped a running back who was committed to Notre Dame and a LB/DE who was committed to UCLA, along with securing some long term commits. Still some fireworks to come over the next couple of days.

drrew

Reaction score
Chris Petersen with a Chris Petersen kind of day.

18 known commits coming into the day, all 18 signed before lunch.

Kyler Gordon 4* CB from Everett deciding between UW and ND tomorrow night on King 5. Apparently started following all the former UW defensive backs currently in the NFL (Budda, King, Trufant, Peters, etc.) on twitter last night.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Anajimmc":32wvih1o said:
JSeahawks":32wvih1o said:
Anajimmc":32wvih1o said:
Damn, USC missed on Jackson Carmen, Time to flip Woodbey.

Woodbey I think is going to Florida State.
That's the buzz I'm hearing too. Did Oregon/Taggert even recruit Him?

Not that I’m aware or.

With Yankoff and Sirmon it will be interesting to see if whoever loses the competition to replace browning sticks around. Tough to keep quality backup qbs these days.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ducks added two 3 star Polynesian defensive tackles today. Gotta love those Poly d'linemen. Juco Sione Vea Kava and Andrew Fauliu who's brother is a stud for the ducks on the d'line already.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Overall for the Ducks today it was kind of a letdown compared to what we were expecting a couple weeks ago. Still a good start to the class though. We're going to end up with 16 kids signing early. Unfortunataly we've had pretty much the perfect storm of bad luck and bad timing the last few weeks. First off obviously was Taggart leaving late in the process. That cost us 8 decommitments (I still expect 3 or 4 of them to recommit at some point before the final signing day). Plus, even though I think Cristobal its going to be a great recruiter himself, he's the 3rd head coach that Oregon has had in the last year trying to recruit this class, thats not a good look no matter who it is.

Then even shittier luck then that was ending up in the Las Vegas Bowl. First year of the early signing period, and this past weekend was THE big recruiting weekend for every school in the country and Oregon was the only power 5 team that had to prepare for and play in a game. The Ducks had 19 big time dudes scheduled to come in and visit this past weekend and had to cancel them and reschedule them for after the early signing period. That hurt big time with the early signing day.

The good news though is that the Ducks are only half way done with their class and still leaders for some big time dudes who just were not ready to sign early because they havnt even come on their official visits yet. They want a class of 30 to 32, so they still have up to 16 spots to fill. They're the consensus leaders for 5 star WR Devon Williams (who's a Julio Jones/AJ Green type). They're also the favorites for top 50 player Penei Sewell and a couple of other top 100 type guys. By the final signing day I expect Oregon to be right around 10th or so in class ranking and to have signed an Oregon record for the most 4 or 5 star players in one class.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Huskies get WR Marquis Spiker, Chris Petersen's highest ranked recruit ever.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/A_Jude/status/943503661723873280[/tweet]

IndyHawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2w512jyj said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/943626218699497472[/tweet]
Why?I mean it makes no sense.Unless Browning is quitting football after the Bowl game or going somewhere
else.
He does have a shoulder problem and we all know this.
It might be the kind that gets worse and has no fix.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3vbs4h3y said:
KitsapGuy":3vbs4h3y said:
Why?I mean it makes no sense.Unless Browning is quitting football after the Bowl game or going somewhere
else.

If he transfers he's required to sit out a year, which means Browning would be gone by the time he's eligible. Then it would be an Eason vs Yankoff vs Sirmon qb battle. I'd just go with Yankoff personally. I legitly think he could be a future Heisman winner.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
JSeahawks":j8cu24xa said:
IndyHawk":j8cu24xa said:
KitsapGuy":j8cu24xa said:
else.

If he transfers he's required to sit out a year, which means Browning would be gone by the time he's eligible. Then it would be an Eason vs Yankoff vs Sirmon qb battle. I'd just go with Yankoff personally. I legitly think he could be a future Heisman winner.

Hmmm...Yankoff and Sirmon to redshirt next year probably? That would give them both 4 years of eligibility and Eason 2 years of eligibility when Browning is gone. If Eason earns the starting position, we could have him for 2 years and then either Yankoff or Sirmon for 2 after that.

I do hope Yankoff wins the job, though...because that would likely mean he is pretty damn good. And finally, a dual threat QB!!!

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2uylspm5 said:
Wow, this is shaping into a fantastic class for the Huskies.

We haven't seen a class this good in a very long time. Best part about it, I know they'll be coached up... unlike the Sark years.

My take on UW's class, (not that any of you will care, but its a message board so i'm sharing my opinion). I LOVE Yankoff, Kaho, Tafisi and Hampton. I kind of like Gordon (I'll bet money Hampton turns out to be better, he's one of the most underrated players in the country, imo) and Spiker (Good, but overranked). Osbourne, Sirmon (the Qb, not the LB) and Lowe are 4 stars that will never see the field, imo.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
JT Daniels is reclassifying and the 2019 commit will come in with the 2018 class. Now Amen Ra St Brown and Solomon T are likely a locks.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Anajimmc":1z6i5ayg said:
JT Daniels is reclassifying and the 2019 commit will come in with the 2018 class. Now Amen Ra St Brown and Solomon T are likely a locks.

Must be nice being a USC fan at recruiting season. On my Ducks board we like to say USC doesnt recruit, they just choose.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Caleb trembley to Usc. He’s a guy both uw and uo we’re pursuing, although I never really thought the ducks were a player for him.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Chris Petersen and the Huskies are killing it. Never thought he would be this good at recruiting.

:irishdrinkers: