"The 53" -- Seahawks, Sept 5th 2015

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Daniels looked good...vs the 4th stringers...Is it normal to keep 2 fullbacks? only 5 wr?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":15qdm4o9 said:
Daniels looked good...vs the 4th stringers...Is it normal to keep 2 fullbacks? only 5 wr?

I was stunned they kept Coleman and tukuafu. I thought for sure one of them would've been cut.

Tical21

Reaction score
A-Dog":39rddyax said:
Kind of concerning that Mebane is the only true NT on the roster.

Also, I know Kam is a factor but we have 11 DBs... wow. Probably where cuts will be made once Fred Jackson signs. Also, if Christine Michael does get traded maybe we pick up a NT from the waiver wire.
I think cuts will come at RB. No way we keep 6.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I have been pretty high on our wide receiver potential all preseason. Now looking at Baldwin, Kearse, Mathews, Lockett, Lockette and BJ I am a bit skeptical.

OP
OP
Phoenix

Phoenix

Reaction score
MrThortan":28allqo8 said:
I have been pretty high on our wide receiver potential all preseason. Now looking at Baldwin, Kearse, Mathews, Lockett, Lockette and BJ I am a bit skeptical.

The only one I don't like on the WR list is Drop-it Lockette personally.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I think Ricardo stuck because of special teams, even with that said he had a pretty bad rap in the preseason. Sure he didn't get separation much but every time he was thrown the ball (all bad throws by Archer) he had to bat the ball down so it won't get intercepted, that might of been his saving grace.

I love the explosiveness of Kevin Smith and Kasen Williams but I'm wondering if they were actually battling for Chris Matthews position instead of Ricardo's.

Fade

Reaction score
they kept 2 full backs over 1 of K. Williams or Kevin Smith. epic fail.

B.J. Daniels isn't an NFL receiver period. He plays a lot of positions but none of them well.

T.Y. McGill being cut over David King who will be inactive every week. fail.

Mike Morgan who is hurt being kept over Pinkins. another fail.

Steven Terrell :pukeface:

JS knows about club control, he should of flexed his muscles a little more, and not allowed so many 1 yr remaining guys be kept over guys with 3 and 4 years remaining.

Tical21

Reaction score
Fade":28emya7v said:
they kept 2 full backs over 1 of K. Williams or Kevin Smith. epic fail.

B.J. Daniels isn't an NFL receiver period. He plays a lot of positions but none of them well.

T.Y. McGill being cut over David King who will be inactive every week. fail.

Mike Morgan who is hurt being kept over Pinkins. another fail.

Steven Terrell :pukeface:

JS knows about club control, he should of flexed his muscles a little more, and not allowed so many 1 yr remaining guys be kept over guys with 3 and 4 years remaining.
I agree with a lot of this but if you look back at some tape, David King did some really good things, even earlier in games against 1's.

titan3131

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2pbtfnei said:
Really wanted Martin over Terrell. Bummed but hopefully he makes the PS.

Amen, terrell is trash hasn't shown anything.

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":9evxdqrc said:
Sure he didn't get separation much but every time he was thrown the ball (all bad throws by Archer) he had to bat the ball down so it won't get intercepted, that might of been his saving grace.

Maybe they kept him to teach Kearse how to bat down a bad throw, NFCCG...

LolaRox

Reaction score
I wish John would have called me for my advice, this is what I would've told him (among other things) - :p

trade CMike - he may be talented but that talent has not manifested itself into anything significant, he couldn't even supplant Turbin for #2 This will make room for Fred Jackson

Cut a FB - make room for McGill
Kevin Smith over BJ (Jack of all trades and master of none)
Ronald Martin over Steven Terrell (who doesn't belong anywhere near this team)

and maybe look on the waiver wire for #3 tight end who can block

**Kam doesn't belong on this list, as of now he is not on the 53.

two dog

Reaction score
Tical21":2xo599u7 said:
kearly":2xo599u7 said:
Surprised that Daniels made it over Williams. Williams is MUCH better at WR, and Daniels adds close to zero value in specials, IMO. My thinking is that Seattle must be wary of Tjack's ankle and you could do way worse than Daniels as an emergency QB.

When Richardson comes back off the pup, Tjack should be healthy by then. That makes Daniels an easy choice to bump off the roster when the team needs to free a spot for Richardson.

Biggest surprise cut for me is Kevin Smith. He had a very strong preseason and coaches raved about him in practices.

King had a nice preseason, but McGill was better and possessed a more uncommon skillset. Hard to figure that one out.

I hate that they kept Coleman, but at least for now they've kept Tukuafu as well.
I was really surprised we have so many RB's on the roster.

Surprised they kept Helfet over McCoy.

I think Daniels is almost 100% a character/morale keep. He's just not a NFL receiver. The QB thing helps I'm sure, but I think we end up regretting this one.

I thought King jumped off the screen at certain points, but I thought McGill would have made the team over Dobbs.

I think Kevin Smith is both a legit returner and wide receiver. I think somebody jumps on him. Hopefully I'm wrong.

There is just something about Coleman they love. I would love to be able to watch practice daily to see what it was.

Five for five. I agree strongly with every observation. Especially with regard to
T.Y. McGill and Kevin Smith.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
If Russell ever gets dinged up (one concussion can take him out of a game just like that) and we're within a score, having T-Jack and BJ Daniels gives us so much flexibility.

If we're facing a prevent D, Daniels can tear it up. If we need ball control, Tarvaris can hand it off and hit some check-downs. Imagine a scenario like the 2012 Chicago game when RW took over with his legs and won the game. T-Jack isn't doing that.

If it's between BJ and another unproven guy for the final WR spot, I like having the versatile Swiss Army knife. Let whoever clears waivers hit the PS.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":lx9qxzii said:
Lockette will catch the winning touchdown in Super Bowl 50
As long as that is done in a Hawks uni I'm cool with it.
I don't care who it is as long as he is a Hawk.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
So I guess we don't need a blocking tight end? I would have kept McCoy over Helfet for that reason alone.