"The 53" -- Seahawks, Sept 5th 2015

Fade

Reaction score
My favorite part is the heavy focus on players that can play special teams on the bottom of the roster, and then Pete turns around and puts the starters on special teams anyway. LOL.

Can we please take ET, Sherm, Kam, ADB, etc, off of special teams now.

Fade

Reaction score
hawknation2015":nb9l0wbz said:
Lockette runs routes at a HS-JV level. He accrued five penalties on offense last year with only two successful run blocks to his name. He does not wrap up on special teams and leads with his head, leading to two more penalties and a constant risk of missed tackles. Lockette had as many missed tackles last season as he had actual solo tackles on special teams (four). PFF awarded him an overall special teams grade of -3.5.

:pukeface:

How will you feel if Kasen Williams is claimed by another team? :pukeface: :pukeface:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'll bequeath to Pete and his staff. They're the ones breaking down film, running OTAs and training camp and devising the best fit of roster to concepts that they are trying to achieve. More often than not, they have been correct. And needless to say, they smoke any know-it-all contrarians on an internet chat site. Pretty sure of that.

Largent80

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":284ds5lk said:
So this proves that Lockette as a blocker is "second to none"?

None = Air so I guess it means that air can block better than Lock-ette, and catch passes better as well. He will be cut when P-Rich comes back.

Fade

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":cuyge0zx said:
I'll bequeath to Pete and his staff. They're the ones breaking down film, running OTAs and training camp and devising the best fit of roster to concepts that they are trying to achieve. More often than not, they have been correct. And needless to say, they smoke any know-it-all contrarians on an internet chat site. Pretty sure of that.

Then why are you here? Based on that logic there is nothing to talk about. No discussion required.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1adg2p77 said:
Tech Worlds":1adg2p77 said:
Siouxhawk":1adg2p77 said:
I think Pete and his staff proved it by keeping him on the 53. Call him to prove it.

Second to none? You read this somewhere?
It's an intangible that the coaching staff obviously puts a premium on. Kearse and Baldwin have proven this knack too.
So now Kearse and Baldwin are second to none as well? It's a tie for first?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Fade":2mnm0vjf said:
Siouxhawk":2mnm0vjf said:

Then why are you here? Based on that logic there is nothing to talk about. No discussion required.
Always looking for nuggets about the team, sharing the verve of excitement as we enter what I see as another Super Bowl campaign. But thanks for asking.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":24x1fg78 said:
Siouxhawk":24x1fg78 said:
Tech Worlds":24x1fg78 said:
Siouxhawk":24x1fg78 said:
I think Pete and his staff proved it by keeping him on the 53. Call him to prove it.

Second to none? You read this somewhere?
It's an intangible that the coaching staff obviously puts a premium on. Kearse and Baldwin have proven this knack too.
So now Kearse and Baldwin are second to none as well? It's a tie for first?
It's called a colloquialism. You need to get over yourself.

Fade

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":gy9yiu2w said:
Fade":gy9yiu2w said:
Siouxhawk":gy9yiu2w said:

Always looking for nuggets about the team, sharing the verve of excitement as we enter what I see as another Super Bowl campaign. But thanks for asking.

-->Here<-- as in this thread. :roll:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Fade":jrvwy2fo said:
Siouxhawk":jrvwy2fo said:
Fade":jrvwy2fo said:
Siouxhawk":jrvwy2fo said:

Probably for the same reason you are here, as in this thread.

Fade

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2mytmk0g said:
Fade":2mytmk0g said:

What making up stories about Ricardo Lockette being a consistant blocker? LMAO

*edit* CORRECTION - Second to none.

Fade

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3byny0mp said:
Fade":3byny0mp said:
Siouxhawk":3byny0mp said:
Fade":3byny0mp said:

What making up stories about Ricardo Lockette being a consistant blocker? LMAO
Nonono. Not consistent.. Second to none

LMAO - Your're right that is even funnier.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Fade":33qchkn4 said:
hawknation2015":33qchkn4 said:
Lockette runs routes at a HS-JV level. He accrued five penalties on offense last year with only two successful run blocks to his name. He does not wrap up on special teams and leads with his head, leading to two more penalties and a constant risk of missed tackles. Lockette had as many missed tackles last season as he had actual solo tackles on special teams (four). PFF awarded him an overall special teams grade of -3.5.

How will you feel if Kasen Williams is claimed by another team? :pukeface: :pukeface:

I was mistaken about Lockette's -3.5 special teams grade. In fact, his overall special teams grade was -5.0 . . . ranked 1,647th in the NFL, which includes his four special teams penalties and five missed tackles (4th most in the league last season).

But let's not let facts get in the way of someone's full stream of consciousness.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Did Craig "lunchbox" Terrell make the team again?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1rs6lss5 said:
Fade":1rs6lss5 said:
hawknation2015":1rs6lss5 said:

I was mistaken about Lockette's -3.5 special teams grade. In fact, his overall special teams grade was -5.0 . . . ranked 1,647th in the NFL, which includes his four special teams penalties and five missed tackles.

But let's not let facts get in the way of someone's full stream of consciousness.
Pete doesn't let something like raw, hard data get in the way of his decisions and I'm glad for that. His out of the box thinking is why this franchise is at where it is right now. Besides, you could likely pinpoint a myriad of other reasons with factual data as to WHY Lockette should be on the 53. Numbers can be subjective too.

Fade

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1qyhjaqd said:
Fade":1qyhjaqd said:
hawknation2015":1qyhjaqd said:

I was mistaken about Lockette's -3.5 special teams grade. In fact, his overall special teams grade was -5.0 . . . ranked 1,647th in the NFL, which includes his four special teams penalties and five missed tackles (4th most in the league last season).

The penalites is probably more anoying to me than the other mistakes he is constantly making. The lone positive to his game is he will make a couple splash plays so those will be fun.

themunn

Reaction score
Fade":4zuszo46 said:
Siouxhawk":4zuszo46 said:

Of course there's discussion around. You can discuss the "why".
Why have our coach/GM combo that have over 60 years combined experience in talent evaluation and coaching opted to retain Ricardo Lockette over Kasen Williams?

I'm inclined to believe they've made the right decision (not "fail"), but there must be reasoning behind it. The one person who has tried to argue it is because he adds something in special teams and run blocking you say "no you're wrong PFF says so". But then, maybe our extremely successful front office disagree with their metrics, and by doing so will get to their 3rd successive super bowl?

Nah, they just "fail"