"The 53" -- Seahawks, Sept 5th 2015

A-Dog

Reaction score
They probably kept BJ as insurance until they know T-Jack is 100% ready. He's probably gone once we

I'm fine with them keeping Morgan even though he's injured. KPL will be the backup with either KJ or Bruce get hurt.

Once Richardson comes back they'll probably cut BJ and then try to move him to the practice squad.

Sac

Reaction score
The real question is who are the 7 players they are going to deactivate on game days?

chris98251

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":llixl999 said:
The real question is who are the 7 players they are going to deactivate on game days?

Daniels the QB

Daniels the WR

Daniels the KR

are three.

Fade

Reaction score
Tical21":31m5aglk said:
Fade":31m5aglk said:
they kept 2 full backs over 1 of K. Williams or Kevin Smith. epic fail.

B.J. Daniels isn't an NFL receiver period. He plays a lot of positions but none of them well.

T.Y. McGill being cut over David King who will be inactive every week. fail.

Mike Morgan who is hurt being kept over Pinkins. another fail.

Steven Terrell :pukeface:

JS knows about club control, he should of flexed his muscles a little more, and not allowed so many 1 yr remaining guys be kept over guys with 3 and 4 years remaining.
I agree with a lot of this but if you look back at some tape, David King did some really good things, even earlier in games against 1's.

Yes, but IMO club control takes precedent.

T.Y. McGill 4 years > David King 1 year. They would've / will be inactive most weeks anyway.

drdiags

Reaction score
They have to cut an RB when Fred Jackson signs. Maybe it is a CMike trade, otherwise maybe they try to sneak Rawls onto the PS. I could see the team trying to get both of the UW WRs back onto the PS, I think of Kearse, who his rookie season was cut and eventually got called up from the PS. Same with Ricardo Lockette late in the year.

McGill and Ronald Martin would be good gets as well. Poole and Gwachum as developmental PS players, since the team spent the drafting capital on them is worth a look. I could see Blackmon coming back after game 1, sort of how the team did with Babineaux and Locklear Pete's and John's first year here.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
No surprise at QB. RB is fine but I expect Jackson to replace Tukuafu when he finally signs, we need the blocking aspect of Will more than ever right now but Jackson does that just as well and is a better running and receiving threat. Lockette over Kasen is a bit of a question mark. Ricardo looked subpar last year and didn't really show much improvement, though I can understand the Hawks prefered versatility over talent for the 5th and 6th WR options. Those guys generally don't get a lot of targets anyway. TE is like I expected, Helfet just looked plain better than McCoy. OL selection is great. Poole and Milton were unimpressive and Pericak was a non-factor. King over McGill is a bit strange but our DL rotation is so deep that any of the guys could've made it and flourished so it's not that big of a deal. I really wanted Pinkins over Morgan. Morgan looked weak, while Pinkins was actually making plays all over. Terrell over Martin jr is a bit of a weird move as well but probably done because of Terrell's ability to play NB.

Though how many times I look at the roster, aren't there 54 guys instead of 53? EDIT: nevermind, I forgot Kam is still holding out.

Largent80

Reaction score
Simply NOT understanding why Lock-ette is still here. If you want to talk about someone that can actually play the wr position. This was the most disappointing non cut for me personally.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Largent80":2q9ctic9 said:
Simply NOT understanding why Lock-ette is still here. If you want to talk about someone that can actually play the wr position. This was the most disappointing non cut for me personally.

Thank Bevell. Cutting him would have made Bevell look like even more of an idiot for dialing up a slant for him on the most important play in franchise history. :177692:

Smith is a 10x the WR and twice as good on special teams. Bevell should be tarred and feathered.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
We're a run-first team and Ricardo's downfield blocking is second to none. Beastquake II is a good example of that work. Singling out one coach, such as Bevell, for final roster decisions lacks a full stream of consciousness. The Hawks coaching staff have proven they know what they're doing and this year will be the same.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2elxx7or said:
We're a run-first team and Ricardo's downfield blocking is second to none. Beastquake II is a good example of that work. Singling out one coach, such as Bevell, for final roster decisions lacks a full stream of consciousness. The Hawks coaching staff have proven they know what they're doing and this year will be the same.

That's one of only two successful blocks Lockette has made on a run play in his career . . . the other coming in the Super Bowl.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":20tpgvvj said:
So who told you this?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
He's been a consistent blocker, an emerging pass catching threat, a veteran who is still young and a dynamic ST gunner. It's there for all to see.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1xyvkarh said:
Siouxhawk":1xyvkarh said:
So who told you this?

His full stream of consciousness.

As it stands, we're left with a bunch of receivers who are not very good route runners: Kearse, Matthews, Daniels, and worst of all, Lockette (with an 'E').

Siouxhawk":1xyvkarh said:
He's been a consistent blocker, an emerging pass catching threat, a veteran who is still young and a dynamic ST gunner. It's there for all to see.

Other than that one play against Arizona and one play in the Super Bowl, name one successful run block Lockette executed last season.

I will wait.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2vor47xc said:
Tech Worlds":2vor47xc said:
Siouxhawk":2vor47xc said:
So who told you this?

His full stream of consciousness.

As it stands, we're left with a bunch of receivers who are not very good route runners: Kearse, Matthews, Daniels, and worst of all, Lockette (with an 'E').
Your opinion. Mine is that our staff has proven that it knows what it's doing and the results speak for themselves.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I think Pete and his staff proved it by keeping him on the 53. Call him to prove it.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2ry3n6fi said:
I think Pete and his staff proved it by keeping him on the 53. Call him to prove it.
So this proves that Lockette as a blocker is "second to none"?

Second to none? You read this somewhere?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1mmrh00v said:
Siouxhawk":1mmrh00v said:
So this proves that Lockette as a blocker is "second to none"?

Second to none? You read this somewhere?
It's an intangible that the coaching staff obviously puts a premium on. Kearse and Baldwin have proven this knack too.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Lockette runs routes at a HS-JV level. He accrued five penalties on offense last year with only two successful run blocks to his name. He does not wrap up on special teams and leads with his head, leading to two more penalties and a constant risk of missed tackles. Lockette had as many missed tackles last season as he had actual solo tackles on special teams (four). PFF awarded him an overall special teams grade of -3.5.

:pukeface: