The amount of people giving up is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Because some "fans" love to be the self-hating type, they want to say this team won't make the playoffs to say "See I told you so"... then if we do end up making the playoffs all of their hate during the season gets forgotten. Happens on every sports forum.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Abach":3vwbuyc9 said:
ImTheScientist":3vwbuyc9 said:
Or maybe I shouldn't be surprised. We have gained a number of new fans since last year.

You sir are a tool for judging everyone's overreactions (for the better or the worse). Some people (like myself) enjoy venting/reading venting posters after tough losses, because I'm not allowed to be loud and unleash my anger during games. I watch games with my wife, my dad, and my mom. My wife and mom both hate it more than anything when i freak out during games, so every time after the Seahawks lose, i am filled with pent up rage/anger from the game and use .net as an outlet. So **** you and your "Holier than thou" attitude.

Feel free to become a less emotional person.

Abach

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3skfezfx said:
Abach":3skfezfx said:
ImTheScientist":3skfezfx said:
Or maybe I shouldn't be surprised. We have gained a number of new fans since last year.

You sir are a tool for judging everyone's overreactions (for the better or the worse). Some people (like myself) enjoy venting/reading venting posters after tough losses, because I'm not allowed to be loud and unleash my anger during games. I watch games with my wife, my dad, and my mom. My wife and mom both hate it more than anything when i freak out during games, so every time after the Seahawks lose, i am filled with pent up rage/anger from the game and use .net as an outlet. So **** you and your "Holier than thou" attitude.

Some people are more emotional than others, and handle losses differently. As crazy as it sounds, it makes the wins that much sweeter for me... But no reason to pretentiously attack others for whining after losses.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Abach":11wuaxyf said:
But no reason to pretentiously attack others for whining after losses.

Some people are more emotional than others, and handle emotional reaction posts differently.

gulliver

Reaction score
Cyrus12":20gfangs said:
why is it if you havent been a member of this site forever that makes you a newbie bandwagon fan. i went through mora and the shit times too. joined up looking for advice on parking at the game. became a visitor after that. guess senoirity and 25000 posts makes you the ultimate righteous fan.

im a die hard fan too but the superfan attitude is almost as sickening as the troll posts. all fans have opinions and can give up on the season if they want. they may be 6 and 4 but the teams in front of them are just plain better. im just glad we gotta ring and will keep cheering till we get the next one. just not gonna happen this year!
Love the post

endzorn

Reaction score
Rat":h1aty0n0 said:
Congrats on being better than everyone else. This really needed it's own thread.
I've missed you.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Cyrus12":19bfzb34 said:
ust not gonna happen this year!
Then don't watch any more games or post about it, this year is "over"... why are you wasting your own time?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Abach":2jjp5p3b said:
MidwestHawker":2jjp5p3b said:
Abach":2jjp5p3b said:
ImTheScientist":2jjp5p3b said:

Some people are more emotional than others, and handle losses differently. As crazy as it sounds, it makes the wins that much sweeter for me... But no reason to pretentiously attack others for whining after losses.

I dont think thats what the OP is referring to personally. I didnt see an attack, just an observation.

My facebook feed has been taken over every Sunday after a loss by whining fans that dress the nines on "blue friday" that have no clue about NFL football. At all.

I welcome all new Seahawk fans, but when you have a huge influx of people who cheer because its popular, you are going to have to deal with the annoyances that come with it.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Bad teams don't compete and even on their A-Game still lose.
Good teams compete but probably split W/Ls in close games.
Great teams compete and in close games manage to Win more often than lose.

The Seahawks in 2012 were a good team, Seahawks in 2013 were a GREAT team. Seahawks this year took a step back and are a good team once again. Sadly though with the state of the NFC and NFCW, just being a good team isn't going to get you into the playoffs and definition not the division.

I really didn't think we'd win this game, but was hoping we'd steal it. I actually wish we were blown out vs having a close loss, because just being there so many times but coming out with the L just way more painful to watch than say if your team just doesn't even belong on the same field.

Oh well, if the Hawks can win in convincing fashion at home this Sunday, maybe that'll be the statement game to the fans, to the team, to the division. If the Hawks lose...well....if you were still on the fence then about the season, it'll make it a lot easier to decide after.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
I remember the mood here was very much the same as after we lost to the Dolphins in 2012. We then went on a tear and nearly ended up in the NFCC Game as a wild card.

NEVER give up on your team!

peppersjap

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1j1ewgro said:
The days this really sunk in for me was the days of the parade and again on opening day this year. Amazing how many fans come out of the woodwork. I get so irritated by people who who are suddenly fans but now complain about a win at Carolina because it was ugly. I used to live with someone who would complain about me watching football, she is now a president of one of the fan clubs. I don't remember these people around during the 4 win years. I hate watching us play in public (a bar) because I hear the stupidest comments I can imagine.
Here are my thoughts on this season. It has been a disappointment but we easily could be 10-0 right now if a few things had gone our way (we also could be easily be about 3-7). We played terrible vs the Cowboys and the Chargers yet we had the ball with a chance to win late just as we did today (had the lead the Cowboy game with 4 minutes to go). We lost a very close game in KC, in a place very much like the Clink where the Chiefs have not lost this year. We were hit hard by free agency and then injuries so and the whole Harvin fiasco. This is not the team that played in the Super Bowl or even vs GB on opening day yet they are in every game. We have not been blown out in years and very few teams can say that. Indy lost by 20 today, the Eagles were manhandled, the Broncos were beat up by the Rams, we beat the Packers by 20, I believe the Chargers (who beat us) lost 37-0 the other day. I love competitive football and this team competes. We game up a ton of rushing yards today, is it a coincidence that it happened after we lost Mebane and with Wagner still out?
We lack a #1 WR that can be a threat in the red zone but these guys keep competing. We may or may not make the playoffs but I'm confident these guys will keep competing and make us sit on the edge of our seats for the rest of the season and I will be in my seats yelling unlike all the people who are selling there seats for a profit this year and making the rest of us put up with the D bags sitting in your seats! How many teams would love to be 6-4 right now? Go Hawks!

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
peppersjap":14ah7onh said:
ImTheScientist":14ah7onh said:
The days this really sunk in for me was the days of the parade and again on opening day this year. Amazing how many fans come out of the woodwork. I get so irritated by people who who are suddenly fans but now complain about a win at Carolina because it was ugly. I used to live with someone who would complain about me watching football, she is now a president of one of the fan clubs. I don't remember these people around during the 4 win years. I hate watching us play in public (a bar) because I hear the stupidest comments I can imagine.
Here are my thoughts on this season. It has been a disappointment but we easily could be 10-0 right now if a few things had gone our way (we also could be easily be about 3-7). We played terrible vs the Cowboys and the Chargers yet we had the ball with a chance to win late just as we did today (had the lead the Cowboy game with 4 minutes to go). We lost a very close game in KC, in a place very much like the Clink where the Chiefs have not lost this year. We were hit hard by free agency and then injuries so and the whole Harvin fiasco. This is not the team that played in the Super Bowl or even vs GB on opening day yet they are in every game. We have not been blown out in years and very few teams can say that. Indy lost by 20 today, the Eagles were manhandled, the Broncos were beat up by the Rams, we beat the Packers by 20, I believe the Chargers (who beat us) lost 37-0 the other day. I love competitive football and this team competes. We game up a ton of rushing yards today, is it a coincidence that it happened after we lost Mebane and with Wagner still out?
We lack a #1 WR that can be a threat in the red zone but these guys keep competing. We may or may not make the playoffs but I'm confident these guys will keep competing and make us sit on the edge of our seats for the rest of the season and I will be in my seats yelling unlike all the people who are selling there seats for a profit this year and making the rest of us put up with the D bags sitting in your seats! How many teams would love to be 6-4 right now? Go Hawks!

*slow clap*

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Um, we won the Super Bowl last season. We're still in the hunt for the playoffs this season despite huge amounts of adversity being dumped on this team. There are 6 more games to go and we have a good shot in all of them. I just don't understand this bailing out thing. Hell, should Broncos fans bail now that they aren't going to run away with their division?

The NFL is built to prevent teams from kicking butt every year. We're just the latest example of that.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
the only games that matter IMO are the ones against those in our division. win those and who cares about the rest. i think they can win all 5 of them given how the other teams are playing and with AZ loosing carson...

Brahn

Reaction score
People act like a WC team with 6 losses has never won a Super Bowl. 13-3 and 12-4 teams do not hold the right to win it all every year. Once you get in the dance we all get a turn on the floor.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
Seattle just has to beat the Eagles, Cardinals, and 49'ers...tough road but it can be done.

I haven't read any other posts yet, but our defense is in big trouble.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
The reason not to give up is we know we are better than we are playing. Russell will not always be in a slump. The D will not always get gashed in the run game, and the hurt players will come back (most of them). Things will improve. When we are healthy we can beat anyone. If you don't think this team can beat anyone then you have not been watching the past few years. Yes we might have lost a few in the off season and last year we had injuries but why do you think we did win it all last year? This team is still that team for the most part. We are off a bit this year but we can still get back to where we need. No need to give up now. It is not like we are 4-6. Every loss has been close and we have played some good teams. Lets not throw the baby out with the bath water yet...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":bhezili2 said:
Isn't it funny how your tastes change as you get older? Like when I was a kid I hated spicy food with a passion, now I'll eat all kinds of spicy and exotic stuff. Also, onions. Used to I couldn't stand onions at all, now, I don't mind them so much. Stuff like that fascinates me.

very true...apparently your taste buds "die" as you get older. So when youre a kid and your a--hole dad makes you eat red onion with your sausage pizza you want to vomit... but now you cant imagine it without those little red onions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts