The amount of people giving up is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":200hc5w6 said:
Whenever we reach this point in the season where there's hope for the playoffs but it's at its bleakest to date, it always reminds me of a strange irony about us and all the other football fans out there. The people who enjoy football the most are probably those who are the least invested in winning championships. [Insert zen quote about life being about the ride and not the destination here].

IMO those people don't really enjoy football, they just enjoy hanging out with friends, drinking and eating food that's bad for you.

......and don't get me wrong, there are a LOT of those kinds of Hawks fans out there now. I see them all over my Twitter and Facebook feeds, acting confused about us not winning like last year because they haven't been paying attention until now.

"OMG what's wrong with the Hawks!"...........nothing's wrong, this is the Hawks team we've all watched for 37 of the 38 years of existence.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
There's a difference between 'giving up' and 'realizing it's mathematically unlikely'.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2076b59s said:
IMO those people don't really enjoy football, they just enjoy hanging out with friends, drinking and eating food that's bad for you.

......and don't get me wrong, there are a LOT of those kinds of Hawks fans out there now. I see them all over my Twitter and Facebook feeds, acting confused about us not winning like last year because they haven't been paying attention until now.

"OMG what's wrong with the Hawks!"...........nothing's wrong, this is the Hawks team we've all watched for 37 of the 38 years of existence.

I wouldn't be so sure. Hanging out with friends with football being what's bringing people together is something that can be enjoyed every season. Winning a championship is, as you mentioned, something we haven't had the pleasure of experiencing in 37 of the 38 years of existence.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3g1giwdf said:
Tech Worlds":3g1giwdf said:
We are pretty much screwed when you look at our remaining schedule and couple that with the quality of play (or lack there of) of our team.

Guess that makes me a bad fan because I can do the math and I can witness the crappy play on the field.
So Mathematician,...You bailing off the bandwagon?
I know that I am, but only to throw a little grease on the wheel bearings, and I'ma back on.

I'm guessing he bailed off the math bandwagon before making that post.

Inpredictable, for instance, places us at roughly 50% to make the playoffs at this point. Their calculation is always going to be significantly better than that of the subjective whims of a fan.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Not that this was every a useful thread, but I think it's run it's course

Status
Not open for further replies.