The elephant in the room (Graham)

justafan

Reaction score
Its frustrating when you think about Petes priority to the Oline when he first got here.They spend plenty of draft picks to end up with 3 players who had little or no college experience starting on the line.

I do disagree with your opinion of Cable but at the end of the day Pete has to take responsibility of the decisions.
They decided to pay people like Harvin and Graham instead of sticking with the meat and potatoes.

I will always want a better Oline thats just the part of football i enjoy watching.Nothing frustrates me more than seeing your team physically dominated in the trenches.And nothing I enjoy better than watching your team gut the opposition by pounding on them.

kf3339

Reaction score
The fact is that PC decided to get another toy, just like he did with Harvin. The only difference is that Graham is not the head case that Harvin was know for well before he came to us.

To me PC had no idea how Graham could be incorporated into this type of offense properly, or you don't make that trade. Right now they are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole that even a four year old child knows doesn't make sense.

They either have to start using Graham as he best fits for his skill set or realize they made a big mistake and at some point trade him away for something or someone who can help the team now. That is not to say I think they should, but just saying that Bevell and PC need to realize his strengths and play to those from here on out.

So in my opinion no more in-line blocking assignments at all. He looks terrible at it, and it shows.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
justafan":28cnvp5d said:
Its frustrating when you think about Petes priority to the Oline when he first got here.They spend plenty of draft picks to end up with 3 players who had little or no college experience starting on the line.

I do disagree with your opinion of Cable but at the end of the day Pete has to take responsibility of the decisions.
They decided to pay people like Harvin and Graham instead of sticking with the meat and potatoes.

I will always want a better Oline thats just the part of football i enjoy watching.Nothing frustrates me more than seeing your team physically dominated in the trenches.And nothing I enjoy better than watching your team gut the opposition by pounding on them.

Talking about being physically dominated in the trenches, check out the article I posted in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=115121

I am willing to be patient, and I will be patient but I really don't know if this year's line have gained my trust enough for me to believe that we can go all the way with them. They are worse than our 2014 & 2013 lines and that's saying something. I will be patient though and give them more time.

timmat

Reaction score
Don't forget the "soft" label our very own players were throwing Graham's way just a short time ago when he was on NO. They weren't just making that up. The perception - and maybe the reality - of Jimmy is that even though he's huge, he's not physical. Our entire team is built on being physical at every position. He doesn't fit this scheme.

I'd say nearly everyone expected we'd change up a few things and adapt to Jimmy's skill set when the deal was announced. That is not the case. They are trying to fit him into our system, without adapting the system much for Jimmy's skill set. I'm now just accepting that this is how he will be utilized, and it's not going to change. Remember Zac Miller in Oakland? Not on Jimmy's level, but a premier pass-catching TE. He never played that role here (but was a good blocker!).

Graham makes 3-5 good catches for 7 yards or so each per game, and that's going to be it. UNLESS - we have legit red zone opportunities, which is where I do believe they will scheme for him. But until we can sustain some drives and get into the redzone (and not go backwards once we're there), this Jimmy is the one we'll get.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
This is Pitiful:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/jailposejesus/status/651209422249717760[/tweet]

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Hawkfan509":1w6m2jq5 said:
IMHO the elephant in the room is our o line

Found a picture of that elephant. Also, anyone remember who the offensive line coach was for Holmgren? That dude put together a seriously great line.

Ns toward the buffalo bull to try to intimidate it

And as far as Jimmy Graham goes, he's really not that far off his average. Give him one great game and he'll be back even or ahead of where he was last year to date. Hell, a little better pass/catch in the end zone last week and he'd probably be there.

It's frustrating for fans to see we just spent a Carribean drug bust-sized boatload of cash on a new toy and then don't use him every single play, but that's not going to work either. My guess is that if Wilson had a line he could trust more than Golden Tate at a drunken sleepover, he'd get Jimmy the ball a whole lot more often.

justafan

Reaction score
Thank you.I read your link.
Its tough to watch the growing period.
They will get better I think there are things that could speed up the process.

Hopefully Wilson and the D can keep us in the playoff hunt until they pick it up.

timmat

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":w1wsjrek said:
This is Pitiful:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/jailposejesus/status/651209422249717760[/tweet]

That clip is pretty damning with regards to heart and effort.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I only focused on Graham blocking on one play during this game and he did pretty well.

justafan

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":ny1qr705 said:
Hawkfan509":ny1qr705 said:
IMHO the elephant in the room is our o line

Found a picture of that elephant. Also, anyone remember who the offensive line coach was for Holmgren? That dude put together a seriously great line.

Ns toward the buffalo bull to try to intimidate it

And as far as Jimmy Graham goes, he's really not that far off his average. Give him one great game and he'll be back even or ahead of where he was last year to date. Hell, a little better pass/catch in the end zone last week and he'd probably be there.

It's frustrating for fans to see we just spent a Carribean drug bust-sized boatload of cash on a new toy and then don't use him every single play, but that's not going to work either. My guess is that if Wilson had a line he could trust more than Golden Tate at a drunken sleepover, he'd get Jimmy the ball a whole lot more often.

They are trying to use him on most plays except he chooses when he wants to put effort out.Unfortunately this Oline needs help inside some plays and you have Graham who chooses not to put out the effort.

I know he is a WR but tough @#!%^ he is big enough to help out the team on plays designed to run or help out in max protection.
This team needs all the help and everybody pulling their wieght.

To be honest if I was Wilson and Graham layed down on me in blocking he wouldnt see a pass.

irfuben32

Reaction score
Hawks46":6va0228g said:
I just don't understand how other teams can complete passes to the TE against our defense (which is one of the best in the league) in under 2 seconds while we struggle getting the ball in the seams to the biggest and fastest TE in the league.

That has to be on Russ. If teams are stacking the box, they can't account for Graham that quickly. If they're blitzing, there's a hole in the zone. SOMEONE is open, and open quickly.

THIS!!!!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
is it time to admit the mistake like Harvin and Flynn before him? Would our offence really be lost without him? Could we get 2 o-linemen in a deal? Graham shows no try when blocking...at least sucking at blocking is trying unlike the video above....

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He wasn't a great fit from the jump. They paid a hefty price to have a target within the 5 and are trying to justify the cost by incorporating him in other areas. Having him split wide 100% of the time isn't going to make this offense better.

Ultimately, he will he help, but not as much as a pair of decent linemen we could've spent that $10M/year on, not to mention the 1st round pick.

This is on Schneider and Pete. And also Cable for misrepresenting what we had at Center without Unger.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1xuitm45 said:
He wasn't a great fit from the jump. They paid a hefty price to have a target within the 5 and are trying to justify the cost by incorporating him in other areas. Having him split wide 100% of the time isn't going to make this offense better.

Ultimately, he will he help, but not as much as a pair of decent linemen we could've spent that $10M/year on, not to mention the 1st round pick.

This is on Schneider and Pete. And also Cable for misrepresenting what we had at Center without Unger.

The real disturbing part is that Harvin and Graham weren't held accountable. This sends mixed messages to the players and could spark and small mutiny.

justafan

Reaction score
marko358":2aryd5w4 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/tthasselbeck/status/651408493245804544[/tweet]

Wasnt that the pass play to Kearse?That was a great hit he put on that guy.He has the size and strength to be a huge help to the team in run blocking and helping out in picking up blitzs but he has to play hard every play.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Graham is completely different but exactly the same as Harvin. What I mean is he is a high priced player that isn't a home grown guy, that makes a lot more than home grown guys and not doing anything more and mostly doing less.