The grass at Levi's

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'm relaying what 9ers beat reporters have been saying and suggesting that to me at least it sounds like you might want to listen to that whole press conference before mischaraterizing him as petulant based off a single quote. He's really night-and-day with harbaugh.

Here's the transcript to the interview:

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/jim-toms ... nd-racing/

I mean, just two examples from the very same session, but this is the guy who is petulant with reporters? :lol:

The guy who is going into detail about how he wants to give them all the info he can and explaining when he won't and is apologizing to them for moving practice times (while explaining why) as it relates to their commutes is a petulant phony?

There's tons of things to criticize him about, but this one totally, totally misses the mark.

QUESTION: We’re not accustomed to such transparency with the injuries. Can you just discuss what’s behind that as far as your thinking as far as being a little more straight forward?

Tomsula: “The only time I have a problem, and this is just me, my thoughts only. As long as I don’t feel like it’s putting us at a competitive disadvantage to disclose information, I’d rather just tell you exactly what it is. What, am I going to wait for you to show up tomorrow and look out and go, ‘Oh, you didn’t tell me that.’ I personally don’t want to have those conversations. I want to tell you what it is, deal with the facts, here it is and we roll. I get it, we get into the season, we get into some sensitive times, you have to write thing that people want to read so you’ve got to ask the questions. Quite frankly, there will be times there where I’m not going to give you the answer. I’ve asked him if I can just say, ‘no comment.’ He told me that was disrespectful to you. So, we will figure out what that term is, but I’ll let you know, I’m not talking about it. Ask me in 64 ways, I’m not talking about it. I’d rather just be upfront. Right there, you’re going to be at practice tomorrow and you’re going to have three guys who aren’t going to be on the field. There it is.”

QUESTION: The schedule that you created for training camp with a little later times in the day, a couple of guys referenced today that they’ve come to you with some back and forth conversation of what might work. Could you go into that a little bit and how that back and forth went with the players to figure out the schedule?

TOMSULA: “The biggest thing with the schedule, first of all the schedule and moving it back I will apologize to the media. [Vice president of communications] Bob [Lange] brought it to my attention on traffic hours. Honestly I didn’t think of that, I didn’t. Not that it would’ve changed it. But I do want to apologize to you. But, what we’re trying to do is the meeting times in the morning, you’re up, you’re fresh. So, we’ve got meeting times, bright-eyed, bushy-tailed and we’re meeting and we’re doing our thing. Then, you’ve got a walk-through. Now, being able to have film and take greater advantage of that walk-thru, with the new CBA with the way we have to practice now. So, being able to utilize that walk-through and now come back off the field, have more meetings, come back, review that, have some substance to that tape and be able to look at that, make some adjustments and talk through some things. Something always comes up in a walk-thru, so now we’re able to utilize that. So, making sure that we have that time on both sides and then we’re trying to give them a nice block in the middle of the day there to be able to lift their weights. Instead of lifting after practice all the time, there’ll still be time after practice to lift, but trying to get that up. We want to make sure that we keep the weight room and our strength and conditioning and our regeneration a major part of what we’re doing every day. That’s the whole thought process behind it. And we set that up that way and I went through the medical staff and I went through the strength and conditioning department to get that done. And I talked to the guys and we adjusted maybe a half-hour here and there and if we can do that why not. It’s a workday, we’ve all got to work, so that’s how that went.”

Rex

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":24m58jt5 said:
You just tried to convince me that pig shit is better than cow shit.

Pig shit is not better than cow shit. Pig shit is the worst and should never be used for vegetable gardening due to too many parasites that can infect humans. Even if composted don't risk it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":f2uosrjg said:
^^^ I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'm relaying what 9ers beat reporters have been saying and suggesting that to me at least it sounds like you might want to listen to that whole press conference before mischaraterizing him as petulant based off a single quote. He's really night-and-day with harbaugh.

I mean, just two examples from the very same session, but this is the guy who is petulant with reporters? :lol:

The guy who is going into detail about how he wants to give them all the info he can and explaining when he won't and is apologizing to them for moving practice times (while explaining why) as it relates to their commutes is a petulant phony?

There's tons of things to criticize him about, but this one totally, totally misses the mark.

QUESTION: We’re not accustomed to such transparency with the injuries. Can you just discuss what’s behind that as far as your thinking as far as being a little more straight forward?

Tomsula: “The only time I have a problem, and this is just me, my thoughts only. As long as I don’t feel like it’s putting us at a competitive disadvantage to disclose information, I’d rather just tell you exactly what it is. What, am I going to wait for you to show up tomorrow and look out and go, ‘Oh, you didn’t tell me that.’ I personally don’t want to have those conversations. I want to tell you what it is, deal with the facts, here it is and we roll. I get it, we get into the season, we get into some sensitive times, you have to write thing that people want to read so you’ve got to ask the questions. Quite frankly, there will be times there where I’m not going to give you the answer. I’ve asked him if I can just say, ‘no comment.’ He told me that was disrespectful to you. So, we will figure out what that term is, but I’ll let you know, I’m not talking about it. Ask me in 64 ways, I’m not talking about it. I’d rather just be upfront. Right there, you’re going to be at practice tomorrow and you’re going to have three guys who aren’t going to be on the field. There it is.”

QUESTION: The schedule that you created for training camp with a little later times in the day, a couple of guys referenced today that they’ve come to you with some back and forth conversation of what might work. Could you go into that a little bit and how that back and forth went with the players to figure out the schedule?

TOMSULA: “The biggest thing with the schedule, first of all the schedule and moving it back I will apologize to the media. [Vice president of communications] Bob [Lange] brought it to my attention on traffic hours. Honestly I didn’t think of that, I didn’t. Not that it would’ve changed it. But I do want to apologize to you. But, what we’re trying to do is the meeting times in the morning, you’re up, you’re fresh. So, we’ve got meeting times, bright-eyed, bushy-tailed and we’re meeting and we’re doing our thing. Then, you’ve got a walk-through. Now, being able to have film and take greater advantage of that walk-thru, with the new CBA with the way we have to practice now. So, being able to utilize that walk-through and now come back off the field, have more meetings, come back, review that, have some substance to that tape and be able to look at that, make some adjustments and talk through some things. Something always comes up in a walk-thru, so now we’re able to utilize that. So, making sure that we have that time on both sides and then we’re trying to give them a nice block in the middle of the day there to be able to lift their weights. Instead of lifting after practice all the time, there’ll still be time after practice to lift, but trying to get that up. We want to make sure that we keep the weight room and our strength and conditioning and our regeneration a major part of what we’re doing every day. That’s the whole thought process behind it. And we set that up that way and I went through the medical staff and I went through the strength and conditioning department to get that done. And I talked to the guys and we adjusted maybe a half-hour here and there and if we can do that why not. It’s a workday, we’ve all got to work, so that’s how that went.”

Sheesh. Don't you know Popeye? The internets have spoken. Tomsula is trash. It's known.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN · 4m4 minutes ago
49ers will give Levi’s Stadium field a rest with their practice on their nearby practice field behind the team offices.

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN · 3m3 minutes ago
The 49ers are committed to practice Wednesday at Levi’s Stadium for an event for SBL holders. There will also be a practice in Levi’s Aug.9.

Event is free BTW.

greenblue_eye's2

Reaction score
A 1.4 Billion Dollar stadium, and the Ownership can't get the grass right...Smdh?! The Candlestick Curse is in full effect with the Yorks, and their Broiler...er...ah Levi's Stadium, lol...

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2lfv2gfd said:

TOMSULA: “The biggest thing with the schedule, first of all the schedule and moving it back I will apologize to the media. [Vice president of communications] Bob [Lange] brought it to my attention on traffic hours. Honestly I didn’t think of that, I didn’t. Not that it would’ve changed it. But I do want to apologize to you. But, what we’re trying to do is the meeting times in the morning, you’re up, you’re fresh. So, we’ve got meeting times, bright-eyed, bushy-tailed and we’re meeting and we’re doing our thing. Then, you’ve got a walk-through. Now, being able to have film and take greater advantage of that walk-thru, with the new CBA with the way we have to practice now. So, being able to utilize that walk-through and now come back off the field, have more meetings, come back, review that, have some substance to that tape and be able to look at that, make some adjustments and talk through some things. Something always comes up in a walk-thru, so now we’re able to utilize that. So, making sure that we have that time on both sides and then we’re trying to give them a nice block in the middle of the day there to be able to lift their weights. Instead of lifting after practice all the time, there’ll still be time after practice to lift, but trying to get that up. We want to make sure that we keep the weight room and our strength and coUnditioning and our regeneration a major part of what we’re doing every day. That’s the whole thought process behind it. And we set that up that way and I went through the medical staff and I went through the strength and conditioning department to get that done. And I talked to the guys and we adjusted maybe a half-hour here and there and if we can do that why not. It’s a workday, we’ve all got to work, so that’s how that went.”

I have no interest in reading more about Tomsula. If he gives a better interview than Harbaugh, good for him. Although, that is a bar set so low that a toddler could step over it. I also do not care about other comments that Tomsula has made as I am referencing the one that made him sound like a petulant child. I am certain that he doesn't do that in all of his interviews, but the fact that this particular aspect of his demeanor and speech remains should at least cause some worry. A pants on the ground temper tantrum could be lurking in the shadows.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think those end zones are to reflect the new alternate uni schemes.

Rex

Reaction score
greenblue_eye's2":263war0u said:
A 1.4 Billion Dollar stadium, and the Ownership can't get the grass right...Smdh?! The Candlestick Curse is in full effect with the Yorks, and their Broiler...er...ah Levi's Stadium, lol...

Broiler? How bad is it? Sun Devil Stadium bad?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1zjpmpgh said:
I think those end zones are to reflect the new alternate uni schemes.

Correct...players also wearing black shorts in camp. Seems they are playing up the alt uniforms.

Marvin49

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":18j90cwf said:
Popeyejones":18j90cwf said:

TOMSULA: “The biggest thing with the schedule, first of all the schedule and moving it back I will apologize to the media. [Vice president of communications] Bob [Lange] brought it to my attention on traffic hours. Honestly I didn’t think of that, I didn’t. Not that it would’ve changed it. But I do want to apologize to you. But, what we’re trying to do is the meeting times in the morning, you’re up, you’re fresh. So, we’ve got meeting times, bright-eyed, bushy-tailed and we’re meeting and we’re doing our thing. Then, you’ve got a walk-through. Now, being able to have film and take greater advantage of that walk-thru, with the new CBA with the way we have to practice now. So, being able to utilize that walk-through and now come back off the field, have more meetings, come back, review that, have some substance to that tape and be able to look at that, make some adjustments and talk through some things. Something always comes up in a walk-thru, so now we’re able to utilize that. So, making sure that we have that time on both sides and then we’re trying to give them a nice block in the middle of the day there to be able to lift their weights. Instead of lifting after practice all the time, there’ll still be time after practice to lift, but trying to get that up. We want to make sure that we keep the weight room and our strength and coUnditioning and our regeneration a major part of what we’re doing every day. That’s the whole thought process behind it. And we set that up that way and I went through the medical staff and I went through the strength and conditioning department to get that done. And I talked to the guys and we adjusted maybe a half-hour here and there and if we can do that why not. It’s a workday, we’ve all got to work, so that’s how that went.”

I have no interest in reading more about Tomsula. If he gives a better interview than Harbaugh, good for him. Although, that is a bar set so low that a toddler could step over it. I also do not care about other comments that Tomsula has made as I am referencing the one that made him sound like a petulant child. I am certain that he doesn't do that in all of his interviews, but the fact that this particular aspect of his demeanor and speech remains should at least cause some worry. A pants on the ground temper tantrum could be lurking in the shadows.

That might be one of the...ok I have to not say what I want to say because I don't want to get warned...so I'll just say Ill-informed posts I've ever read.

"Petulent Child"? Tomsula?

1:16 mark of below video...

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Jim_T ... 3af5465c5a

If you view that as the response of a petulant child, that says more about you than Tomsula. He may not end up being a good coach, but come on man, now yer just making stuff up.

greenblue_eye's2

Reaction score
Rex":2awjyld4 said:
greenblue_eye's2":2awjyld4 said:

Broiler? How bad is it? Sun Devil Stadium bad?

The heat is "very bad," someone died at a preseason game due to the extreme heat at Levi's. That is why some of us call Levis the "Broiler."

Article: "49ers Fan Complain Of Unbearable Heat At Levi's Stadium Amid Fan's Death"
www.mercurynews.com/southbayfootball/ci ... is-stadium

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
You hang out at the Webzone Marvin, so I am certain that my post is pretty low on the scale of uninformed opinions. For every snippet that you cherry pick that makes him appear in a better light, by seasons end I will have enough bad to at least equal your perceived good, if not completely blow his positive aspects from the water. He has already given quite a bit before ever coaching a game as the head of an NFL team.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I never get petulance from Tomsula.
Rambling try really hard buffoon? In spades.

I expect his pressers to become the object of national attention this year, with Tomsula playing the role of dancing bear.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Scottemojo":344kom72 said:
I never get petulance from Tomsula.
Rambling try really hard buffoon? In spades.

I expect his pressers to become the object of national attention this year, with Tomsula playing the role of dancing bear.
Or since he looks like Ron Jeremy, maybe a dancing hedgehog????? 8)

Marvin49

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":354ch9ln said:
You hang out at the Webzone Marvin, so I am certain that my post is pretty low on the scale of uninformed opinions. For every snippet that you cherry pick that makes him appear in a better light, by seasons end I will have enough bad to at least equal your perceived good, if not completely blow his positive aspects from the water. He has already given quite a bit before ever coaching a game as the head of an NFL team.

Weak.

I attack your comment directly and you sidestep into a remark about the 'zone that's got nothing to do with the conversation.

"Cherry Pick"? Excuse me? You "cherry-picked" an excerpt of an interview with Tomsula and said the comment showed he was acting like a petulant child. I simply showed you the ACTUAL video with context. Which of those is really "cherry-picking"?

Seasons end? We aren't even close to there yet. All your comment there amounts to is bluster about something neither of us know about yet. You yourself have said he's never coached an NFL game (actually he has, but that's a diff issue). Outside of not having a good introductory press conference, please explain to me what he's done that lends any credence to your "He has already given quite a bit before ever coaching a game" comment.

Sounds to me like your just making stuff up now.

I've never maintained that Tomsula will be a great HC. He's got a ton of challenges ahead of him. I just think its far from a forgone conclusion that the guy will fail miserably.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
greenblue_eye's2":2e4w4v1f said:
The heat is "very bad," someone died at a preseason game due to the extreme heat at Levi's. That is why some of us call Levis the "Broiler."
He didn't die BECAUSE of the heat. Frankly, a lot of 49ers fans just seem to be very whiny about any temperatures higher than the interior of your average air-conditioned office building.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2lx57s4d said:
greenblue_eye's2":2lx57s4d said:
He didn't die BECAUSE of the heat. Frankly, a lot of 49ers fans just seem to be very whiny about any temperatures higher than the interior of your average air-conditioned office building.

That's is SOOOOOO true.

Yes, it was HOT. No question. It was unseasonably hot. In addition, all of the fans are used to Candlestick where its 10-20 degrees colder than anywhere else in the Bay Area.

It was hot, but its not exactly cool in Carolina or Miami where they also have open air stadiums.

The prob is people show up to the game already drunk and then drink more at the game and then stand in the sun for 3 hours. Result is predictable regardless of where you are.

Hawks46

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":drx2wqgp said:
253hawk":drx2wqgp said:
I wonder how the fans are going to handle the heat this year when they're sitting in the sun at Levi's with their black jerseys on?
Loose black clothing is actually the best thing to wear in high temperatures, despite popular opinion to the contrary.

Seems to work for the Arabs in the middle east. I highly doubt it's 130 degrees at Levi's.

253hawk

Reaction score
It works in the middle east because they wear long, thin, loose robes. Convection helps draw airflow up from the bottom around the feet and radiate upward and out. Most jerseys aren't really loose, though, and they're certainly not long enough for the convection effect.