The grass at Levi's

greenblue_eye's2

Reaction score
Marvin49":69gmmtcv said:
RolandDeschain":69gmmtcv said:
greenblue_eye's2":69gmmtcv said:
The heat is "very bad," someone died at a preseason game due to the extreme heat at Levi's. That is why some of us call Levis the "Broiler."
He didn't die BECAUSE of the heat. Frankly, a lot of 49ers fans just seem to be very whiny about any temperatures higher than the interior of your average air-conditioned office building.

That's is SOOOOOO true.

Yes, it was HOT. No question. It was unseasonably hot. In addition, all of the fans are used to Candlestick where its 10-20 degrees colder than anywhere else in the Bay Area.

It was hot, but its not exactly cool in Carolina or Miami where they also have open air stadiums.

The prob is people show up to the game already drunk and then drink more at the game and then stand in the sun for 3 hours. Result is predictable regardless of where you are.

If you know anything about San Francisco, September through early November is some of the "best" weather that San Francisco gets in the Bay Area. Its called "Indian Summer," the games at the Stick were ALWAYS mild during games....And Not 20 to 30 degrees colder?!

The Gentleman who died at the game was an older man, who could not withstand the glaring heat that bounces off the Glass Tower, that sits opposite of the Sunny Side of the Stadium....I don't have a dog in this fight about how hot Levis Stadium gets, cuz I'm not a 49er fan, but if you think that its whiny to complain, then I welcome you to come to Levis on an 80 degree day and sit on the Sunny side of the Stadium for all four quarters....lolz.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Tomsula is a turd that interviews, "not as bad as Harbaugh," and will be revealed to be a puppet that has the cavity space to accept the hands of York and Baalke at the same time.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawks46":6gtdn7it said:
Seems to work for the Arabs in the middle east. I highly doubt it's 130 degrees at Levi's.
Exactly. I got WRECKED by a bunch of people in the main forum about this topic after the San Diego game last season, though. There's just no convincing some people of facts...

253hawk":6gtdn7it said:
It works in the middle east because they wear long, thin, loose robes. Convection helps draw airflow up from the bottom around the feet and radiate upward and out. Most jerseys aren't really loose, though, and they're certainly not long enough for the convection effect.
Aye, but people also don't realize that even though black clothing is much hotter to the touch, it doesn't trap your own body heat against you as much as white/light clothing does. Black clothing = hot to the touch = I must be hotter!! Faulty syllogisms for the win.

P.S., you should read the research into this that was done on bird plumage. It's interesting. http://icb.oxfordjournals.org/content/40/4/575.full

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Marvin49":d5ub9iob said:
BTW...speaking of the grass at Levis...

...anyone else notice the new paint scheme in the endzone?

CLbg3P XAAAe1 8

Kinda like it. Also noticed every player on the team in black and red shorts. Seems they are really going for it in terms of using black.

Pretty awesome the Niners get to practice in front of a typical Levi's Stadium home crowd.

chris98251

Reaction score
If you think of Heat and look at that picture it reminds me of a Burner on a stove turned on high.

Maulbert

Reaction score
The 49ers have now cancelled a public practice scheduled for Levi's Stadium on Sunday after the grounds crew determined the field would not meet team standards. They're running a closed practice at their practice facility instead.

Now it can't even meet practice standards. This isn't just a joke anymore, they really need to start considering alternatives.

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2...25a2-267c-471d-83cf-f9b9e370ef63?cid=facebook

Rex

Reaction score
chris98251":2s5sxo0h said:
If you think of Heat and look at that picture it reminds me of a Burner on a stove turned on high.

Yes it does.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
So they will need to resod the field after the Taylor Swift concert on the 15th. They're scheduled to play a game at Levi's on the 23rd. Think the grass will be ready in a week? I don't.

Rex

Reaction score
rideaducati":1b9jqiq0 said:
Someone get this link to York. http://www.fieldturf.com/en/artificial- ... -fieldturf

They can fix the problem with only ONE installation and it comes with an eight year warranty.

Except field turf can get extremely hot in sunshine. 170 deg F hot. Has to be watered down repeatedly. Heat + water makes for a nice swamp-like humidity. Just add skeeters! :0190l:

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
They can't get it right no matter how many times they do it. But the Yorks own this team. So nothing surprises me at all.