The Grim Reality Of Us Starting 0-2

davidonmi

Reaction score
I predicted an 0-2 start. I do think in the end we will be fine

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":8wvaiadg said:
When the schedule got released, I think most Hawk fans knew that there was a decent chance we start 0-2. I said it is more likely we start 0-2 than 2-0. I was hoping for at least 1-1.

We will likely be at least a 3 point underdog going into Green Bay next week, probably more. Personally, I am expecting a loss next week as GB is out for revenge, and I think at this point they are just the better team right now.

The good news is after week 2, pretty much every game is winnable.
You also thought Lockett was trash .... Just sayin.

1-1 here we come

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Dion Bailey and Cary Williams were terrible today. Rodgers is licking his chops.

Rob12

Reaction score
0-2 is a near certainty. I think we finish 10-6 this season and will have to be on the road in the playoffs.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Only thing I know is that we are 0-1 this week. Next week's winner is not set in stone. I admit, the outlook is not good, but I think we can win. We could have won against the Rams if just a few things were changed. Hoping to be 1-1 by the end of next week's game.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Did everyone forget we were 3-3 last year? Where did we end up?
That was the best D-Line we'll see all year.

We're fine.
Shoulda thrown it. lol

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3nzz0nmu said:
Hawk-Lock":3nzz0nmu said:
When the schedule got released, I think most Hawk fans knew that there was a decent chance we start 0-2. I said it is more likely we start 0-2 than 2-0. I was hoping for at least 1-1.

We will likely be at least a 3 point underdog going into Green Bay next week, probably more. Personally, I am expecting a loss next week as GB is out for revenge, and I think at this point they are just the better team right now.

You also thought Lockett was trash .... Just sayin.

1-1 here we come

Your thinking of someone else. I've never said Lockett was trash. If anything, I've been talking him up since the day we drafted him.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I would rather finish well then start well. If this team stays healthy they will be fine.

We should have thrown a slant to Lockette.

Hawks46

Reaction score
If Foles put up 300 on us, Rodgers will eviscerate us.

We'll go 0-2, but it's not the end of the world. I'm going to feel bad for CHI and DET when we get back home being 0-2 though.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
IMO the script seems pretty obvious for the first 4 games.

We start 0-2....the sky is falling.

We wipe the floor with the Bears and Lions at the CLink in weeks 3 and 4.

The real test will be week 5 in Cincinnati. As much as we like to poke fun at their ginger QB, they are still a very good football team, especially at home.

I'm not worried at all, and won't be if we lose to GB next week, I just think we got a tough schedule to start the year. I could easily see us running the table until the Vikings game in week 13. IMO the middle part of our schedule is very favorable.

In the Seahawks Prediction thread I predicted back-to-back losses to start the season, and then back-to-back losses to the Vikings and Ravens in weeks 13 and 14. I still think we finish 12-4.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Green Bay's defense didn't exactly look amazing today.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
These two games are the hardest on the schedule and we traditionally need a few games to get going, we should be fine.

However, this doesn't mean that we will suddenly win all other games. Most think they will be fired up after two losses but I'm pretty sure they will be devastated. For now it might be time to forget about the play offs and take every game week by week.

rjdriver

Reaction score
0-2 is where I spent a lot of my time as a Seahawks fan the last 40 years. I'll take this teams 0-2 over all the others. Lots of new variables, they need time to gel and they need to get the 31 thing resolved one way or another. We should be alright.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":30fk5gru said:

How much do you think "revenge" is going to play a factor in a professional sporting event?

Like the first minute? 2 minutes?

If the game is tied with 5 minutes to go do you think "revenge" is going to be on the minds of the Green Bay players? Would they not play as hard if they had lost to Dallas instead of us last year?

How is Green Bay a better team "right now?" Analyze this for us. Outside the unquantifiable "revenge" factor, how are they better as a team?

I swear this is the NFL. I swear it's professional sports with highly paid athletes and coaches. I swear, despite reading some of the nonsense on here the past 24 hours, our fans know this to be true.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm probably in the minority but I think we win next week. Green Bay doesn't have a DL like the Rams and they gave up almost 200 yards rushing. Even if we lose its not the end of the world. GB started 0-2 last year, we started 3-3 and both teams were fine. I think we right the ship next week and look much better.

Linebackers need to play better, we need to see more Clark on the field and I doubt Bailey falls down again at the worst possible time. Bevell was terrible, just wanted to make sure that point is known. :stirthepot:

hawker84

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3tza0sr5 said:
Dion Bailey and Cary Williams were terrible today. Rodgers is licking his chops.

You think Rogers picked on Maxwell last year? Wait and see what he does to these two... Nighty night. And if a third string tailback gashes us like that today, can't wait to see what Lacy does.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
You guys act like this is some kinda surprise.

The possibility of starting 0-2 always loomed large when you looked at the schedule.

Let's see where we are at the half way point of the season. If we can be above 0.500 then we will be in good shape.

Put yer big boy pants on.