The Grim Reality Of Us Starting 0-2

RockinHawks

Reaction score
The schedule is fairly favorable as we go along. The Hawks have shown, as they do in games, the ability to get momentum and get into a rhythm. Hopefully, it starts to click next week, win or lose. The line needs to gel quickly, the playcalling needs to improve, the defense needs to get their heads out of their collective assholes (including Kam). And Richard needs to bench Cary Williams.

Also, only one sack yesterday? Or am I wrong? Against that garbage OL, that is inexcusable.

ptisme

Reaction score
Uncle Si":n45kad7w said:
Hawk-Lock":n45kad7w said:
When the schedule got released, I think most Hawk fans knew that there was a decent chance we start 0-2. I said it is more likely we start 0-2 than 2-0. I was hoping for at least 1-1.

We will likely be at least a 3 point underdog going into Green Bay next week, probably more. Personally, I am expecting a loss next week as GB is out for revenge, and I think at this point they are just the better team right now.

The good news is after week 2, pretty much every game is winnable.

How much do you think "revenge" is going to play a factor in a professional sporting event?

Like the first minute? 2 minutes?

If the game is tied with 5 minutes to go do you think "revenge" is going to be on the minds of the Green Bay players? Would they not play as hard if they had lost to Dallas instead of us last year?

How is Green Bay a better team "right now?" Analyze this for us. Outside the unquantifiable "revenge" factor, how are they better as a team?

I swear this is the NFL. I swear it's professional sports with highly paid athletes and coaches. I swear, despite reading some of the nonsense on here the past 24 hours, our fans know this to be true.
Green Bay is a completely different team at Lambeau.... I'm telling you it's going to be a hornets nest.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ptisme":xqjg8wrz said:
Uncle Si":xqjg8wrz said:
Hawk-Lock":xqjg8wrz said:
When the schedule got released, I think most Hawk fans knew that there was a decent chance we start 0-2. I said it is more likely we start 0-2 than 2-0. I was hoping for at least 1-1.

We will likely be at least a 3 point underdog going into Green Bay next week, probably more. Personally, I am expecting a loss next week as GB is out for revenge, and I think at this point they are just the better team right now.

How much do you think "revenge" is going to play a factor in a professional sporting event?

If the game is tied with 5 minutes to go do you think "revenge" is going to be on the minds of the Green Bay players? Would they not play as hard if they had lost to Dallas instead of us last year?

How is Green Bay a better team "right now?" Analyze this for us. Outside the unquantifiable "revenge" factor, how are they better as a team?

I swear this is the NFL. I swear it's professional sports with highly paid athletes and coaches. I swear, despite reading some of the nonsense on here the past 24 hours, our fans know this to be true.
Green Bay is a completely different team at Lambeau.... I'm telling you it's going to be a hornets nest.

I think we all know that, and have known that about Green Bay since Favre was there. (Lambeau and Starr for some of you older guys). Lambeau is not a surprise.

The idea that the loss in the NFC Championship game would give them some edge we don't have is simply absurd. I dont think the Packers are better overall. I give them the edge because of how they play at home.

This is not a game that's been lost already though, despite what some of our more emotional supporters say on here.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1n53z461 said:
Hawk-Lock":1n53z461 said:

You are most likely right, it is not like professional sports team play "harder" or "want it more" just because of revenge. But as someone who has bet on sports for nearly a decade, I can tell you that the revenge factor is very real. On the field I don't think it makes much of a difference, but teams that typically lose on an opponents field, protect their home field the next time around. Obviously this is a bit different because it is an entirely other season.

But regardless of it, like another poster mentioned, GB just doesn't lose at Lambeau Field. Can we win....of course, but it won't be easy.

We will be an underdog in this game for a reason.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
It's a prime time game. When does this team not show up primetime games? Plus when's the last time they've lost 2 in a row?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3ismxwnp said:
Yep, as much of a homer as I am, they're not gonna' beat GB on the road, unless they play a LOT better.

Maybe, GB didn't exactly look like world beaters against a bad Bears team.

They've got more issues than us right now, bad O-line, thin WR/TE corps, suspect D.

I could see us winning, but as yesterday should be a close game to the wire.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2mq121ej said:
It's a prime time game. When does this team not show up primetime games? Plus when's the last time they've lost 2 in a row?

Technically we just lost 2 in a row.....going back to last year.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1y8fz4xp said:
Uncle Si":1y8fz4xp said:
Hawk-Lock":1y8fz4xp said:

You are most likely right, it is not like professional sports team play "harder" or "want it more" just because of revenge. But as someone who has bet on sports for nearly a decade, I can tell you that the revenge factor is very real. On the field I don't think it makes much of a difference, but teams that typically lose on an opponents field, protect their home field the next time around. Obviously this is a bit different because it is an entirely other season.

But regardless of it, like another poster mentioned, GB just doesn't lose at Lambeau Field. Can we win....of course, but it won't be easy.

We will be an underdog in this game for a reason.

We are most definitely in for a very difficult game.