The Kap and Boldin

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Kap is a great QB. Seahawk fans need to come to terms with that.

Not overly concerned with Boldin though.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Steve Smith scares me more than Boldin and he only had 50 yards receiving today. Boldin had a huge game, but he's the only threat at receiver for the Niners and he's not a #1. He won't repeat that performance against a competent defense. Really, their situation is a whole lot like the Panthers. Great quarterback, one good receiver, one good tight end and no other pass catchers. Like the Panthers, I predict the Niners are gonna struggle throwing the ball against this defense.

The Niners are lucky Kaep is as talented as he is. A lesser QB would be boned with that receiving corps.

SF49r

Reaction score
I actually can not wait for the next weeks game at Seattle. I am not really looking for a win so I won't be too disappointed if my 49ers lose, but it could be a great test on Kap after all the improvements and changes he made during the off-season and how kap-boldin does against a very good secondary. Although that would be cool if we come out with a win but like I said I am not expecting us to win.

jkitsune

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":1kwnnlwn said:
Kap liked this weeks win. You can tell he is a winner. Guy just likes playing football.

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/K...e_season/c80d91c3-6732-4941-a831-bd5973d67455

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/W...ghlights/836f9106-c815-4ec7-b0dc-9fbda0c97474

Here's his new toy

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/0ap2000000240890/Week-1-Anquan-Boldin-highlights

Granted, it was against 2 non starters in the seconday. Next week against the LOB is a whole different animal
Way less worried about Davis or boldin than about kaepernick himself. I get to watch way too much of that joker and he is good, good, good.

HawkWow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":359tuztz said:
Kap is a great QB. Seahawk fans need to come to terms with that.

On 9-8-13 Kaep was MUCH better than I anticipated (from the pocket). Sometime between the commercials, tattoos and photo shoots, he managed to get better as a passer. He is decisive and fires the ball with authority.

Next week we will see just how real he is. Let's see how he reacts when his 1st option is covered and the crowd noise is enveloping him. Will he get those crazy cartoon eyes again? Will he tuck the ball and run directly into Kam? Or will he stay composed, find his 2nd man and torment us by mixing the passing game in with doses of the read option?

I think next weeks game will answer who the better QB is, Wilson or Kaep?

Wow...this is unfamiliar territory. it's a whole different world when the SB is a feasibility. Week 2 feels like do or die time already. It's like college ball where the loser might be done for the season. Gulp.

mretrade

Reaction score
Next week's game will not tell us who is the better QB at all. Wilson has a much easier matchup. How each QB fares over a 16 game season will give us an idea who is the better QB and Kaep is off to the early lead.

Oh and Kaep has always been a good passer its just not what the media focuses on. I did notice he is improving and was looking at multiple reads more.

hawker84

Reaction score
mretrade":1xvxpq6x said:
Next week's game will not tell us who is the better QB at all. Wilson has a much easier matchup. How each QB fares over a 16 game season will give us an idea who is the better QB and Kaep is off to the early lead.

Oh and Kaep has always been a good passer its just not what the media focuses on. I did notice he is improving and was looking at multiple reads more.

Your Blatant homerism is becoming nauseating. And Kap's off to an early lead in what, stats? Is that what's important to you, That your boy has better stats, more endorsements, more commercials, more shoes? i prefer to get W's could care less if Kap's numbers are better than Wilsons.

mretrade

Reaction score
Both got wins no?

The guy said that this week will show who the better QB is. I disagree completely. It is a lot easier matchup for Wilson.

mretrade

Reaction score
And I find it funny how it is my blatant homerism. Do you see my calling Kaepernick a HOF or the best QB in the league? No. But you see people stating that about Wilson which is laughable. Give me Rodgers, Brees, Brady over both of them,, at least for now.

John_Redcorn

Reaction score
hawker84":3lm1qut0 said:
mretrade":3lm1qut0 said:

Your Blatant homerism is becoming nauseating. And Kap's off to an early lead in what, stats? Is that what's important to you, That your boy has better stats, more endorsements, more commercials, more shoes? i prefer to get W's could care less if Kap's numbers are better than Wilsons.
Kap has a hotter girl too i believe..

John_Redcorn

Reaction score
Let the guys play out their careers a bit more. So far both look to have very few weaknesses.

Kap looked great without Crab and Manningham and the team only had 90 yards rushing.

Wilson looked good with a much weaker (imo) line and without and explosive guy like Harvin.

IMO Kap will be better coached as a QB - Russel has that leader gene to overcome that. These guys arent the same... But both will probably make it hard to say 1 is better than the other.. Comes down to individual opinion and what you value (stats wins etc).

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Not taking anything away from the 49ers--they played a very good game and absolutely deserved the win--but the Packers coaching staff always seems to be a game behind whenever they play San Francisco. They went into the playoff game last year looking like they thought Alex Smith was still the quarterback and Kaepernick gashed them for 181 yards rushing. Yesterday they sold out to stop him from running and hit him as much as they could, and Kaepernick throws for over 400 yards, over half of which went to Boldin. That makes two straight Packers-Niners matchups that Green Bay lost in the game-planning stage before they ever took the field.

cboom

Reaction score
One big difference between the two is we have seen Wilson's ceiling and he will struggle more and more as teams adjust to his style of play. I believe we haven't even come close to seeing Kap's upside.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
cboom":3uhnd3v9 said:
One big difference between the two is we have seen Wilson's ceiling and he will struggle more and more as teams adjust to his style of play. I believe we haven't even come close to seeing Kap's upside.
Lol how have we seen Wilson's ceiling?

John_Redcorn

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":2fnhnn92 said:
Not taking anything away from the 49ers--they played a very good game and absolutely deserved the win--but the Packers coaching staff always seems to be a game behind whenever they play San Francisco. They went into the playoff game last year looking like they thought Alex Smith was still the quarterback and Kaepernick gashed them for 181 yards rushing. Yesterday they sold out to stop him from running and hit him as much as they could, and Kaepernick throws for over 400 yards, over half of which went to Boldin. That makes two straight Packers-Niners matchups that Green Bay lost in the game-planning stage before they ever took the field.
I agree