The Kap and Boldin

HawkMeat

Reaction score
cboom":11oa5crt said:
hawker84":11oa5crt said:
cboom":11oa5crt said:
One big difference between the two is we have seen Wilson's ceiling and he will struggle more and more as teams adjust to his style of play. I believe we haven't even come close to seeing Kap's upside.

congratulations for the most ridiculous post of the day.... didn't think you could outdo yourself with the whole wilson is the worst QB i've seen in a long time post, but i think you very well just may have.

Not as ridiculous as some of you making the little guy out to be some elite QB. He will never be that but you are such homers you never be able to see it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":3fnprrxt said:
Relax niner fan. The packers were playing two backups in their secondary. Boldin and Kaep won't work that well together again.

Who said anything about the Packers?

I've been saying that all offseason. Nothing new here.

...and BTW on the subject of the Packers, so what if the Packers were playing backups. The Niners were using their #2 and #4 WRs.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Marvin49":11k6de2i said:
rideaducati":11k6de2i said:
Relax niner fan. The packers were playing two backups in their secondary. Boldin and Kaep won't work that well together again.

...and BTW on the subject of the Packers, so what if the Packers were playing backups. The Niners were using their #2 and #4 WRs.

The Packers secondary is a joke. Their starting secondary has to be bottom-5 of the NFL. They're worse than New Orleans.

If you think that doesn't matter when you come face the #1 secondary in the NFL, at home, in the loudest stadium in the league... well, you obviously weren't paying attention last December.

And frankly, I was a bit nervous after watching the game on Sunday, then I watched it again. Aaron Rodgers was absolutely destroying your secondary until Green Bay stubbornly went to the run game and tried to run on every down. Look at the first half. Green Bay ran the ball less than 10 times and you guys were lucky to come out tied at the half. Then they came out in the second half talking about how they were going to establish the run and stick with it, with one of the most overrated rookie RBs in the NFL, trying to run against perhaps the best front 7 in the NFL. And they still managed to run pretty well.

If anything, if I were a Niners fan, I'd be pretty quiet right now. I definitely wouldn't be out here bragging about old man Boldin doing damage to the worst secondary in the NFL, as if that's something to brag about. I'd be more concerned about what Lacy did to your top-5 front 7, and a bit worried that you're about to face a much more physical and capable RB corps in Lynch, Turbin and Michael. Combine that with Seattle's pretty deadly WR corps and a QB who has a knack for making things happen (at least as good as K

aepernick, who is really damn good himself) and I wouldn't be talking any smack.

:49ersmall:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Boldin's last performance against Seattle which was week 10, 2011: 2 catches for 22 yards, 0 TDs. Oh crap, I'm scared.

Marvin49

Reaction score
HansGruber":1jacf1cr said:
Marvin49":1jacf1cr said:
rideaducati":1jacf1cr said:

The Packers secondary is a joke. Their starting secondary has to be bottom-5 of the NFL. They're worse than New Orleans.

If you think that doesn't matter when you come face the #1 secondary in the NFL, at home, in the loudest stadium in the league... well, you obviously weren't paying attention last December.

And frankly, I was a bit nervous after watching the game on Sunday, then I watched it again. Aaron Rodgers was absolutely destroying your secondary until Green Bay stubbornly went to the run game and tried to run on every down. Look at the first half. Green Bay ran the ball less than 10 times and you guys were lucky to come out tied at the half. Then they came out in the second half talking about how they were going to establish the run and stick with it, with one of the most overrated rookie RBs in the NFL, trying to run against perhaps the best front 7 in the NFL. And they still managed to run pretty well.

If anything, if I were a Niners fan, I'd be pretty quiet right now. I definitely wouldn't be out here bragging about old man Boldin doing damage to the worst secondary in the NFL, as if that's something to brag about. I'd be more concerned about what Lacy did to your top-5 front 7, and a bit worried that you're about to face a much more physical and capable RB corps in Lynch, Turbin and Michael. Combine that with Seattle's pretty deadly WR corps and a QB who has a knack for making things happen (at least as good as K

aepernick, who is really damn good himself) and I wouldn't be talking any smack.

Wow.

Who said any of that? I sure didn't.

I was responding to the backup safety comment.

I've said REPEATEDLY that it'll be a different game in Seattle. I even predicted a Seahawk win on sunday.

Please...do me the favor of arguing what I'm actually saying and not the straw man you've created that's easier to argue with.

Eddie Lacy!?! Seriously? He had 14 carries for 41 yards (2.9 per carry) running all day against a Nickel defense. Aaron Rodgers destroying the secondary? Um...He freakin' Aaron Rodgers!! What the hell were you expecting!?! LOL. He's the highest rated passer of ALL TIME and IMO the best QB in the NFL.

Finally...who's talking smack? I'm not. If you think pointing out that the 49ers were in fact missing their #1 and #3 WRs is smack, you have a really low bar for smack talk.

Comeinpeace

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1s1m6lcp said:
Boldin's last performance against Seattle which was week 10, 2011: 2 catches for 22 yards, 0 TDs. Oh crap, I'm scared.

A lot has changed since 2011. Not saying you should feel scared, but your defense has changed, he's on a different team, and game planning could be completely different on both sides of the ball.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Marvin49":3pw4y6cj said:
HansGruber":3pw4y6cj said:
Marvin49":3pw4y6cj said:

Wow.

I've said REPEATEDLY that it'll be a different game in Seattle. I even predicted a Seahawk win on sunday.

Please...do me the favor of arguing what I'm actually saying and not the straw man you've created that's easier to argue with.

Eddie Lacy!?! Seriously? He had 14 carries for 41 yards (2.9 per carry) running all day against a Nickel defense. Aaron Rodgers destroying the secondary? Um...He freakin' Aaron Rodgers!! What the hell were you expecting!?! LOL. He's the highest rated passer of ALL TIME and IMO the best QB in the NFL.

Finally...who's talking smack? I'm not. If you think pointing out that the 49ers were in fact missing their #1 and #3 WRs is smack, you have a really low bar for smack talk.

Sorry, wasn't being very clear in my post. Most of that was not addressed directly to you, but rather thoughts about the Packers game and how Seattle will be a different team. The only part addressed to you was my response about Packers being a bottom-5 secondary, so you starting your #2 and #4 WRs means nothing, because even those guys can easily torch Green Bay, as they did.

Then I went on to describe why I think Green Bay lost. They spent the whole second half trying to establish the run, which was a garbage plan. I understand what they were trying to do - SF was just moving down the field at will, so they were trying to control the clock. But if I was a Packers' fan, I'd be pissed at McCarthy for that last drive. Check out the last series of the drive - run, run, pass, punt with 3 minutes left. Who would even punt there? SF's been moving the ball all day, and you're going to punt? McCarthy is really a crap coach. So that part I meant more as a criticism of Green Bay, which should probably go into another thread.

Where I think this game will be SO different is that San Fran will be running more against us, probably a totally different look on offense. Our front 7 is our weakness. And Gore looked pretty decent on Sunday. I think SF will be dangerous against our starting DL. But they won't beat us in the air like they did to Green Bay.

Likewise, I'd expect Seattle to come out and run the ball enough to keep your defense on their feet, try to keep blitzers cautious. Our OL struggled, we can't just throw it all day. But Lynch and Michael are on a way higher level physically than Lacy.

I honestly thought Lacy would be good in the NFL - a big, bruising, physical RB that would smash fools the way he did in college. But I definitely saw a huge drop-off coming to the NFL. Didn't draft him in my fantasy league because I saw it in the preseason. He just doesn't have the ability to run through defenders like he did in college and he doesn't seem to have realized that.

That's where SF will really have its hands full in Seattle. I don't think you're just going to see Lynch. Carroll finally has his "Lendale White / Reggie Bush" combo in Marshawn Lynch and Christine Michael. He hasn't had that in the NFL yet. USC dominated the NCAA running those two-back sets with White and Bush. I think he purposely kept that out of the Carolina game because we might see it against SF. Unless he feels Michael or Turbin aren't ready. In any case, I'd expect to see 2 RBs back with Wilson out of the shotgun, sort of like you saw at USC and what you see currently in SF with those formations they like to run.

In any case, it's going to be an awesome game. Both teams have weaknesses, and strengths that tend to neutralize the weaknesses. This has got to be the game of the year (or at least, until we play in SF).

I'm loving this rivalry.

Oh, and I appreciated your earlier post and thought it was well-written. Sorry if mine came across the wrong way, was more talking out loud than at anyone in particular. I'm still trying to convince myself that Seattle is going to win this game, but I'm nervous as hell. This game could go either way. These are definitely the best 2 teams in the NFL, and it's awesome to see the rivalry developing between Wilson and Kaepernick. Let's hope it remains this entertaining for a long time.

Marvin49

Reaction score
HansGruber":2beejqm9 said:
Marvin49":2beejqm9 said:
HansGruber":2beejqm9 said:

Wow.

Sorry, wasn't being very clear in my post. Most of that was not addressed directly to you, but rather thoughts about the Packers game and how Seattle will be a different team. The only part addressed to you was my response about Packers being a bottom-5 secondary, so you starting your #2 and #4 WRs means nothing, because even those guys can easily torch Green Bay, as they did.

Then I went on to describe why I think Green Bay lost. They spent the whole second half trying to establish the run, which was a garbage plan. I understand what they were trying to do - SF was just moving down the field at will, so they were trying to control the clock. But if I was a Packers' fan, I'd be pissed at McCarthy for that last drive. Check out the last series of the drive - run, run, pass, punt with 3 minutes left. Who would even punt there? SF's been moving the ball all day, and you're going to punt? McCarthy is really a crap coach. So that part I meant more as a criticism of Green Bay, which should probably go into another thread.

Where I think this game will be SO different is that San Fran will be running more against us, probably a totally different look on offense. Our front 7 is our weakness. And Gore looked pretty decent on Sunday. I think SF will be dangerous against our starting DL. But they won't beat us in the air like they did to Green Bay.

Likewise, I'd expect Seattle to come out and run the ball enough to keep your defense on their feet, try to keep blitzers cautious. Our OL struggled, we can't just throw it all day. But Lynch and Michael are on a way higher level physically than Lacy.

I honestly thought Lacy would be good in the NFL - a big, bruising, physical RB that would smash fools the way he did in college. But I definitely saw a huge drop-off coming to the NFL. Didn't draft him in my fantasy league because I saw it in the preseason. He just doesn't have the ability to run through defenders like he did in college and he doesn't seem to have realized that.

That's where SF will really have its hands full in Seattle. I don't think you're just going to see Lynch. Carroll finally has his "Lendale White / Reggie Bush" combo in Marshawn Lynch and Christine Michael. He hasn't had that in the NFL yet. USC dominated the NCAA running those two-back sets with White and Bush. I think he purposely kept that out of the Carolina game because we might see it against SF. Unless he feels Michael or Turbin aren't ready. In any case, I'd expect to see 2 RBs back with Wilson out of the shotgun, sort of like you saw at USC and what you see currently in SF with those formations they like to run.

In any case, it's going to be an awesome game. Both teams have weaknesses, and strengths that tend to neutralize the weaknesses. This has got to be the game of the year (or at least, until we play in SF).

I'm loving this rivalry.

Oh, and I appreciated your earlier post and thought it was well-written. Sorry if mine came across the wrong way, was more talking out loud than at anyone in particular. I'm still trying to convince myself that Seattle is going to win this game, but I'm nervous as hell. This game could go either way. These are definitely the best 2 teams in the NFL, and it's awesome to see the rivalry developing between Wilson and Kaepernick. Let's hope it remains this entertaining for a long time.

LOL. No worries.

I think Seattle wins. I do think the 49ers are a better team (I'm a Niner fan, what would you expect), but that home field is just way too much of an advantage to ignore. Joe Staley was once asked who he thought was the most challenging DE/OLB he has to face. His first answer was Aldon Smith in practice. His second response tho was Chris Clemons when they play IN Seattle. The noise gives him an extra half step on every snap (O-Line is watching for the movement of the ball instead of listening to the snap count). The turf just made him even faster.

Its a tall order to win in that building. I think the 49ers CAN win and it will be a close game, but I'd go 60%-40% towards a Seattle win.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Comeinpeace":njrt4358 said:
A lot has changed since 2011. Not saying you should feel scared, but your defense has changed, he's on a different team, and game planning could be completely different on both sides of the ball.

Our defense is better. Boldin is older. I doubt Boldin will be held to 22 yards, but he's definitely not coming close to what he did in week one. I know things have changed, but you aren't expecting to see Boldin have 135 yards and a TD, are you?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":findkmyx said:
Our defense is better. Boldin is older. I doubt Boldin will be held to 22 yards, but he's definitely not coming close to what he did in week one. I know things have changed, but you aren't expecting to see Boldin have 135 yards and a TD, are you?

I think expecting any WR in any week to have 135 yards and a TD is too much to expect.

As for Boldin, in the passing game I think the Hawks will rightly make it a point of emphasis to shut him down completely. The questions are if 1) if the Hawks can nuetralize both Boldin and Vernon, and 2) if Kap trusts his other receivers enough to start feeding them once Boldin gets shut down, or if he just stares at Boldin and looks lost (a la what happened with Crabtree last year).

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":sp6lq6kf said:

2011 huh?

Talk about relevant

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1i1mk3ii said:
RolandDeschain":1i1mk3ii said:

I think expecting any WR in any week to have 135 yards and a TD is too much to expect.

As for Boldin, in the passing game I think the Hawks will rightly make it a point of emphasis to shut him down completely. The questions are if 1) if the Hawks can nuetralize both Boldin and Vernon, and 2) if Kap trusts his other receivers enough to start feeding them once Boldin gets shut down, or if he just stares at Boldin and looks lost (a la what happened with Crabtree last year).

Actually Kap has very good chemistry with Kyle Williams as well. If not for a slight under thrown deep pass to KW against GB, they would have connected for 6 as well last week.

hawker84

Reaction score
Actually Kap has very good chemistry with Kyle Williams as well. If not for a slight under thrown deep pass to KW against GB, they would have connected for 6 as well last week.

And if it's and but's were candy and nuts, every day would be Halloween. Why do you constantly come with the if's and but's posts?

If our offensive line could have actually created holes for Lynch, he would have led the league in rushing yrds week #1, see i can do it too?

NinerLifer

Reaction score
hawker84":212okuat said:

And if it's and but's were candy and nuts, every day would be Halloween. Why do you constantly come with the if's and but's posts?

If our offensive line could have actually created holes for Lynch, he would have led the league in rushing yrds week #1, see i can do it too?

Oh get off your soap box candy striper. So many of your own fans talk about ifs and buts concerning your own team so much that if it actually bothered you, you would probably have the highest post count on here after calling out everybody on it.

hawker84

Reaction score
Oh get off your soap box candy striper. So many of your own fans talk about ifs and buts concerning your own team so much that if it actually bothered you, you would probably have the highest post count on here after calling out everybody on it.

don't get mad, simply pointing out your argument is not valid, as is the case with most of your posts.

What do you want me to say, OH Ok we should all be concerned now, because Kap really does have chemistry with Williams, it just didn't show on that one play where Kap slightly overthrew him. Or the rest of the game for that matter, where he wasn't even targeted. But they'll hook up this game big time, book it..

Fact is your recieving core (including Boldin) and your DB's is the least of my worries.. Boldin will get his, gore will probably have success as well, but outside of them and VD, not concerned. Let them get their yards, but keep them out of the endzone, hold them to fieldgoals at the very least.

what i am concerned about is running against your Front 7 and pass our protection. What i am concerned about is stopping the run and getting pressure on Kap, and containing him... Kap is the key to this game, he is the x factor . Not Boldin or VD and certainly not Williams, Kap...

NinerLifer

Reaction score
hawker84":oia6sdjw said:

don't get mad, simply pointing out your argument is not valid, as is the case with most of your posts.

What do you want me to say, OH Ok we should all be concerned now, because Kap really does have chemistry with Williams, it just didn't show on that one play where Kap slightly overthrew him. Or the rest of the game for that matter, where he wasn't even targeted. But they'll hook up this game big time, book it..

Fact is your recieving core (including Boldin) and your DB's is the least of my worries.. Boldin will get his, gore will probably have success as well, but outside of them and VD, not concerned. Let them get their yards, but keep them out of the endzone, hold them to fieldgoals at the very least.

what i am concerned about is running against your Front 7 and pass our protection. What i am concerned about is stopping the run and getting pressure on Kap, and containing him... Kap is the key to this game, he is the x factor . Not Boldin or VD and certainly not Williams, Kap...

Kyle Williams caught 3 passes for 36 yards last weekend. That's 12 yards a pop.

Not exactly worthy of being started on your fantasy football team, but still.

With Boldin making the GB secondary look like Swiss cheese, why wouldn't Kap keep tossing it his way? But if you guys are successful at limiting VD and Boldin Sunday night, you can guarantee that Kyle's numbers will go up.

And the chemistry between him and Kap I was referring to was what they had until Kyle and Mario both got taken out due to injuries last year. I can only hope that your defensive coordinator doesn't think about Kyle either when he makes his game plan for SNF.

Sac

Reaction score
The Packers secondary is a joke. I too hope Kap keeps chucking the ball to Boldin. He'll get picked and/or Boldin will get lit up.

HansGruber

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2i9ww5gn said:
The Packers secondary is a joke. I too hope Kap keeps chucking the ball to Boldin. He'll get picked and/or Boldin will get lit up.

Yeah, I've been laughing all week that the Niner fans commenting that Boldin is going to tear it up against us.

I am PRAYING that San Fran comes in here with that pass attack. If they do, they are going to get absolutely destroyed.

And I can hardly wait to see how Vernon Davis plays. I think he's going to come out with attitude at first, but you know he's going to be thinking about last December. One or two good hits from Bam Bam and he's going to be totally off his game. Bank on that.