The most undervalued need of ours.

Chevy

Reaction score
That's why a Shaun Alexander type is so special. True a guy like that does need to be at 100% to be effective, but those guys are often good for 6, sometimes 10 years if later on the become more of a role player. That running style, the elusive, avoiding big hits kind of guys are worth the money (first contract) you just wanna be damn careful extending them.
Alexander had great vision, but was not a make you miss elusive runner. He benefited from having two Hall of Fame offensive lineman pave the way for him. Alexander probably lasted as long as he did because he was a big guy, 230 lbs, and he would fall down on the smallest amount of contact or run out of bounds. He always left yards on the field because he would go down to easily.

Chevy

Reaction score
most underrated need BY FAR is RG. phil haynes is bad, like really bad. C/RG play last year diminished geno and ken walker and nearly derailed the whole offense the 2nd half of the season. yet nobody has us drafting a RG in the first 4 rounds. absurd.

whopping 57.1 pff grade for phil haynes if the eye test wasn't enough for you
I agree that RG is the position that Seahawks fans tend to overlook a bit. The national media hasn't overlooked OG for us, I have seen a lot of mocks having us take Florida OG O'Cyrus Torrence in the 1st round. Others on here have also talked about Torrence to the Seahawks, but I think he is just a bad fit for us.

The 2nd and 3rd rounds have really good options for the OG position.

toffee

Reaction score
DesperateNeedWantNo need
NT:
We don't have a NT, nuff said?

WR:
Dependable WR3
Lockette replacement
RB:
RB2a, a short yardage back
RB2b, a standby in case of K9 injury
OTs:
We have two sophmores and two Juniors. We ought to be good for now.
ILB:
Bobby is back, but can we really depend on Dean Bush to have a break out season?
RG:
Haynes was that good, and injury prone,
OC:
Drafting a center to be ready for next season.
QB:
With Geno and Lock, we don't have immediate need for this season.
LS:
We don't have a long snapper.

TE:
A TE3, for cap, we may have to trade Fant.
OLB:
We have Mafi, Taylor, etc., but you can't have too many edge, right?
CB:
We should be fine here, right?

DE:
We have Jones, and Reed. But Reed is at best a part timer.
Kicker and Punter:
We are fine here.

NoGain

Reaction score
I don't get this RB thing. We've GOT a great #1 back in Walker. We've got a good utility back in DJ Dallas. We just need to make a good savvy pick of another college back in rounds 4-7. There's plenty of them. Add a cheaper FA here and there. What's with all the overthinking about this?

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
I don't get this RB thing.
it's really not hard to get imo. if walker goes down, what happens to the offense?

agree we can wait till round 4 or later to snag a RB, only because it's a deep RB class.

NoGain

Reaction score
it's really not hard to get imo. if walker goes down, what happens to the offense?
You simply sign a FA RB and/or draft another one in rounds 4-7. Look at the Chiefs. Pacheco in the 7th round. As good as they needed.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don't get this RB thing. We've GOT a great #1 back in Walker. We've got a good utility back in DJ Dallas. We just need to make a good savvy pick of another college back in rounds 4-7. There's plenty of them. Add a cheaper FA here and there. What's with all the overthinking about this?
Deejay isn't a utility back, though. He's mediocre as a runner and not very good at everything else. He offers very little in the way of utility.

Also, I can't call K9 great yet. He had a promising rookie year with a good few bumps in the road. He's a home run hitter who has trouble between the tackles - and a team really, really should be able to run up the middle if they want to sustain drives.

Need a back to free K9 up.

NoGain

Reaction score
The thing with RB's these days is that, excluding the rare uber talent, 1st round talent goes in the 2nd or even 3rd round, second round talent goes in the 3rd, 4th, or even 5th round. The talent's there, and you don't even have to pay up for it.

NoGain

Reaction score
Deejay isn't a utility back, though. He's mediocre as a runner and not very good at everything else. He offers very little in the way of utility.

Also, I can't call K9 great yet. He had a promising rookie year with a good few bumps in the road. He's a home run hitter who has trouble between the tackles - and a team really, really should be able to run up the middle if they want to sustain drives.

By utility back I mean he's a good #3 back who can also be a returner, which I think he's done fairly well at.

As for K-9, the guy's a stud of a back, tough as hell, with a startling 2nd gear that allows him the opportunity to break big plays. He's the dude. Near the top of the list for ROY. The only thing he lacks is learning how to run within our offense, not to wait too long for things to develop when he can explode for yardage near the line of scrimmage. He was learning that. But the guy's got explosive and deceptive breakaway speed if you give him a hole. I love the guy, and think even Hawk fans undervalue him.

Chevy

Reaction score

We also had one of the worst interior offensive lines in the NFL. Former Chiefs RB Christian Okoye would have struggled to run between the tackles on our team last year.

This guy...
Christian okoye

NoGain

Reaction score
We also had one of the worst interior offensive lines in the NFL. Former Chiefs RB Christian Okoye would have struggled to run between the tackles on our team last year.

This guy...
View attachment 58597
Truth. The guy was running behind two rookie tackles, and an overall weak interior offensive line. And he still ran for over 1000 yards and didn't even get started into well into the season.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

This guy...
View attachment 58597
Even the Tecmo Bowl version of him might've had trouble, I suppose.

Fair point. I like Haynes better than Jackson (although Haynes probably isn't going to play a full season with his injury history) and Brown much better than Blythe, so I'm hopeful they'll improve even if they don't end up grabbing a stud rookie.

Have no idea what they're looking for at guard. Braeden Daniels seems to be their type of guy despite his low weight, but there hasn't been enough time to develop a solid profile for what Dickerson is looking for.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
That's why a Shaun Alexander type is so special. True a guy like that does need to be at 100% to be effective, but those guys are often good for 6, sometimes 10 years if later on the become more of a role player. That running style, the elusive, avoiding big hits kind of guys are worth the money (first contract) you just wanna be damn careful extending them.
10 years? Shaun Alexander only had five years of good production. Alexander was toast by 2006. In most cases teams get burnt badly by a second contract with RB's.

HawksNation

Reaction score
most underrated need BY FAR is RG. phil haynes is bad, like really bad. C/RG play last year diminished geno and ken walker and nearly derailed the whole offense the 2nd half of the season. yet nobody has us drafting a RG in the first 4 rounds. absurd.

whopping 57.1 pff grade for phil haynes if the eye test wasn't enough for you
I do…

Post in thread 'Post your Mock Draft Simulator results here.'
https://www.seahawks.net/threads/post-your-mock-draft-simulator-results-here.186156/post-2776891