The NEW LOB is the most talented.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
With Lane now healthy and starting on the other side. This current set up of Sherm, Kam, ET and Lane is the most talented backfield we've had. Even more so talented than the days with Browner.

The play that Jeremy Lane made one on one with their receiver on that long bomb Teddy threw was absolutely remarkably. Excellent coverage with such a great play on the ball, it was just text book execution. Lane's health is going to be critical as we move forward.

THE LOB IS BACK! AND ITS BACK STRONGER THEN EVER!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't agree.

2013 had healthy hungry and nasty Sherm, Earl, Kam and Browner...........and Maxwell, Thurmond and Lane as nickel/dime/backups.

I don't think we'll ever that kind of talent, health and depth at DB again.

kearly

Reaction score
It's basically the same group of guys as the historically good years minus Maxwell (and a healthy ET). Very hard to say it's the most talented, especially when the performance of the pass D this year has looked pretty bad on several occasions.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":3ogt96is said:
With Lane now healthy and starting on the other side. This current set up of Sherm, Kam, ET and Lane is the most talented backfield we've had. Even more so talented than the days with Browner.

The play that Jeremy Lane made one on one with their receiver on that long bomb Teddy threw was absolutely remarkably. Excellent coverage with such a great play on the ball, it was just text book execution. Lane's health is going to be critical as we move forward.

The Lane play was absolute beauty.....that was going to be a completion and a backbreaker too. Imagine had that been Cary Williams out there......shudder.

OP
OP
A

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
kearly":g7zcss26 said:
It's basically the same group of guys as the historically good years minus Maxwell (and a healthy ET). Very hard to say it's the most talented, especially when the performance of the pass D this year has looked pretty bad on several occasions.

The unit that started this year isn't the same one that finished. We allowed a lot of long plays earlier in the year. Not so much anymore..

Jeremy Lane is the best CB that Sherm has played along side with. If he stays healthy, he's a very dangerous CB.

BigMeach

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":37jtg0w6 said:
kearly":37jtg0w6 said:

The unit that started this year isn't the same one that finished. We allowed a lot of long plays earlier in the year. Not so much anymore..

Jeremy Lane is the best CB that Sherm has played along side with. If he stays healthy, he's a very dangerous CB.

Then shouldn't it be Lane at RCB is better than Maxwell or Browner was? Not the entire LOB is better than ever? Since it's not.

RussB

Reaction score
I think the corner position is the best theyve had recently. Sherman is still there, Lane is better than maxwell , and they can play Shead or Burley in the slot.

Also kelsie mcray played pretty good in the games kam didnt play.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I disagree. Kam isn't like he was in 2013. Neither is Sherm or Earl. Lane is nice, but much better in the nickel .. Maxwell was lights out for us in 2013.. and like Sgt. Largent said we had the depth of Thurmond, Jeron Johnson, Shead, Browner as well.

That 2013 secondary was LOADED.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Disagree. I think we were better in 2013.

Did Lane start on the outside, or did Shead ?

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2o00p47o said:
ApnaHawk":2o00p47o said:

The Lane play was absolute beauty.....that was going to be a completion and a backbreaker too. Imagine had that been Cary Williams out there......shudder.

The most impressive thing about that play is that the defense was still milling around in pre-snap mode when the ball went into play. They weren't even set yet, and Lane just manned up on receiver.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
We were better in 2013 because they weren't emphasizing contact and holding penalties like they are now.

No defensive backfield is really good these days compared to 2013.

OP
OP
A

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
I'm telling you guys. If these 4 stay together, it's going to be a very dominating secondary.

Also about the whole TE thing. Remember, it's not always on our secondary guys when we get beat by TE. LB's have a role to play in coverage as well. Honestly too, we don't know majority of time whose responsibility was where and when on a said play.

Rudolph was completely shut down all game except for the last 2 plays. One play in which Kam made a huge mistake on by going under when he should have just played it safe.

rcaido

Reaction score
Last year our D was way better when healthy...Thomas isn't the same, still one of the best but he's not as crazy as before. Kam was a better tackler last year too. Sherman still awesome but he seem to be not as dominant. Maxwell played his role & isn't terrible like he is currently w/ the Eagles.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Go back and watch Kam and the LBs gobble up those crossing routes from Denver. Watch Maxwell blowing up screens.

No way is the 2015 LOB better or more talented (imo).

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":244efd5j said:
I don't agree.

2013 had healthy hungry and nasty Sherm, Earl, Kam and Browner...........and Maxwell, Thurmond and Lane as nickel/dime/backups.

I don't think we'll ever that kind of talent, health and depth at DB again.

I also disagree.
When we had TWO pulverizing players in the Secondary, the field was way more constricted to throw into.
Sherman was an interception machine, Browner had his punishing zone, and Chancellor was free to hammer the TE's in the middle, and Thomas was free to be a speeding ball thief.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":1vdmvvpb said:
I'm telling you guys. If these 4 stay together, it's going to be a very dominating secondary.

Also about the whole TE thing. Remember, it's not always on our secondary guys when we get beat by TE. LB's have a role to play in coverage as well. Honestly too, we don't know majority of time whose responsibility was where and when on a said play.

Rudolph was completely shut down all game except for the last 2 plays. One play in which Kam made a huge mistake on by going under when he should have just played it safe.

L I N E Backers are there to HELP solidify the LINE, IF the TE's get past the Linebackers, it's up to the Secondary to pick them up...see Kam Chancellor/ Vernon Davis.
And remember when Peterson was chased down from behind by Browner?

rideaducati

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":2m6poo63 said:

Early in the season the linebackers were lazy in their drops. They were cheating the run and the better QBs took advantage of it. Since the first AZ game, they have been much better and seem to be trusting the D-line to slow the running games down. The defense as a whole was trying to do too much and it hurt them. Now they are doing their own jobs and trusting their teammates to do theirs.

Latest posts