The Non-Call

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
I think that the no call was in line with how the refs had called this game. There were many cases that PI could've been called against both sides, but it was pretty clear from early on, the refs were going to let the boys play.

Lets take the W and move on to AZ.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
irocdave":h96dz74w said:
Just dropping this here in case the Hawks hook up with the dirty birds at home in the playoffs. Be careful, he's a self proclaimed bad ass and looking to take out his frustration on a Hawk fan.

theDIRTYcode
Starting Lineup

theDIRTYcode
Pure Football
 1,128
2,063 posts

Posted 2 hours ago

I will be there in January if we make the playoffs. I swear to God I'm fcking up the first person I see wearing a seahawks jersey. Ive never felt this robbed in my life. Fck them all.

Someone needs a long walk on the beach.

mikeak

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1dworqhu said:
Just a veteran move by the league's best corner. Well played Richard.

Look at it again though and he didn't need it. There was time to make an adjustment and a play on the ball

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
RussB":2uywd0lx said:
Exactly i feel like all the haters and falcons fans are putting too much stock into it. They failed to get a first down 3 times before that. Not like they were doing anything, i just wish sherman played him cleaner so they could stfu already and stop making excuses.

I feel the same way. The call could have gone the other way to be fair.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
So give them the damn PI call. How is that any guarantee they win the game? They still would've needed several more yards and missed FGs happen all the time as we saw today. But the media will never look at the entire picture-only an attention seeking narrative.

As others pointed out, there were questionable non-calls earlier and it was quite clear this particular crew was going to give the DBs on both sides a little more slack than other crews. It's like an umpire who consistently gives all pitchers an inch off the outside corner throughout the game. Both sides have to deal with it and honestly, 4th down plays late in the game are rarely going to be called for penalties.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Largent80":3l3oibuz said:
Hawk-Lock":3l3oibuz said:
It was PI. You can cut and slice it with the Seahawk shades on all you want, but when you don't allow a WR to use one of his hands to catch the ball, that is PI.

There is no doubt that refs in any sports call games differently late in games. It happens all the time in basketball, refs swallow their whistle on crucial late game shots. If this play happened in the 3rd quarter, it probably would have been called.

And OPI was not called vs. Sherman the last game. You act like you feel the Hawks didn't earn this win. Take a vacation.

Where did I ever say the Hawks didn't deserve to win? All I said was that it was PI, which it was.I could care less though, we won the game. Refs make mistakes, it's part of the game. And yes, we did deserve that win.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":31w1bdcy said:
Hardly the fail mary. Only a big deal because it was the final play.

More focus should be placed on ATL's play calling on that final drive.
Agreed.