The offense.. or lack there of

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3vwa7b2o said:
If you just watch football in the surface and need a scapegoat, that's the illogical conclusion one could draw. A closer look would reveal that is rubbish. The mighty Rams are just 1 game in front of us and since we play them again nothing in our division is close to being settled. We also will have the tiebreaker if we beat them again, a home game I believe. So tell your friend that his team has improved, but we still rule the roost and our offense will put more points on the board in head-to-head matchups.

The rams are 7-2 And have scored more pts in 9 games then they did in 16 lady year... guess what changed ? The coaching ... go ahead and dismiss that... we avg 25 plus a game w a innovative oc. They do not have more talent on offense.

Anthony!

Reaction score
scutterhawk":18djxcnt said:
scrummymustard":18djxcnt said:
Siouxhawk":18djxcnt said:
If you just watch football in the surface and need a scapegoat, that's the illogical conclusion one could draw. A closer look would reveal that is rubbish. The mighty Rams are just 1 game in front of us and since we play them again nothing in our division is close to being settled. We also will have the tiebreaker if we beat them again, a home game I believe. So tell your friend that his team has improved, but we still rule the roost and our offense will put more points on the board in head-to-head matchups.

Come on man, it’s hilarious that you can’t even have an open discussion on the topic. All of his points were not “rubbish”. The Rams made a coaching change, signed a few players and went from last in the league in ppg (14ppg in 2016) to 1st (32.9 ppg in 2017) in less than a year. Imagine if this team even gained a 7ppg increase? The hawks would be extremely tough to beat.

At the end of the day, it’s Pete’s system, but man, I get why a lot of people on here have you muted and I’m not even on the side of firing your guy. I do, like most, want a philosophy change though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, so if Sioux doesn't AGREE with Bevell bashers, he should be "Muted"?
If the Seahawks are HEALTHY across the board, they not only compete with ANY TEAM, but have BEATEN all of them.
I'm not saying that we couldn't do better with a few changes in Coaching, but most here are letting their bias against Darrell Bevell, Tom Cable, and Pete Carroll, for sticking with the guys that helped him formulate the winningest Seahawks team EVER, and now Y'all want "Change".
Now, COULD they maybe improve with a couple of Coaching changes?, no argument, BUT, they've already proven that, even on a Road Game, a healthy Seahawks can be Coached up by Carroll, Bevell, Cable & Richards, to beat a healthy Rams.
The Rams are HEALTHIER, than most the Teams in the NFC at this juncture, so that gives them the advantage FOR NOW, it might just be me, but I sure as hell wouldn't be so quick to dismiss what Pete Carroll & his Coaches can dial up.

I neve said change the coaches I said stick with what works and stop going back to what doesnt.

Tinymac2

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2nwxdsao said:
Tinymac2":2nwxdsao said:
It's a team sport. 11 match up's every snap. Not sure but I think someone once said, " a unit is only as strong as it's weakest link".

Yeah I never bought into this saying. The unit should be stronger than one individual and still be able to hold itself together. What if someone gets hurt, now the weakest link, does the unit crumble? The anology should look more like this.

Buttedmail0734

It would be nice but 3 elites and a couple of adequates equals what in your book? 10,9,8,7,6,5.

Why don't you guys pen out the 2 offenses so we can compare.

Seems like the same 20-30 poster's are very vocal about the problem and it's a problem but your solution seems more emotional than factual.

Chapow

Reaction score
Ambrose83":2ohm5zut said:
I am at a loss as to how any of you can accept what we are putting on the field. We have a elite qb, elite tight end, elite slot receiver and adequate weapons... yet... we all see what the offense is doing .

Yes, we do all see what the offense is doing. Currently 7th in the league for yards per game and 11th in the league for points per game.

I guess I'm not really understanding how so many people are acting like this is some sort of travesty. Yes, there's always room for improvement, but our offense is already better than most.

So I guess that's how some of us can "accept what we are putting on the field". Doesn't mean I don't think there are areas they need to improve, but I certainly don't think it's the disaster that some of you are making it out to be.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They certainly can put up points, I don't doubt that at all. Just need to keep getting TD's, and somehow get that running going, at least an average running game. Looks like Bevellrific is figuring out that if Jimmy is one on one, throw it up and let him take it.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Tinymac2":1s6np0py said:
seahawkfreak":1s6np0py said:
Tinymac2":1s6np0py said:
It's a team sport. 11 match up's every snap. Not sure but I think someone once said, " a unit is only as strong as it's weakest link".

Yeah I never bought into this saying. The unit should be stronger than one individual and still be able to hold itself together. What if someone gets hurt, now the weakest link, does the unit crumble? The anology should look more like this.

Buttedmail0734

It would be nice but 3 elites and a couple of adequates equals what in your book? 10,9,8,7,6,5.

Seems like the same 20-30 poster's are very vocal about the problem and it's a problem but your solution seems more emotional than factual.

What is it you think my solution is? I made a comment about a stupid saying that you brought up.

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Chapow":2y0354ys said:
Ambrose83":2y0354ys said:
I am at a loss as to how any of you can accept what we are putting on the field. We have a elite qb, elite tight end, elite slot receiver and adequate weapons... yet... we all see what the offense is doing .

Yes, we do all see what the offense is doing. Currently 7th in the league for yards per game and 11th in the league for points per game.

I guess I'm not really understanding how so many people are acting like this is some sort of travesty. Yes, there's always room for improvement, but our offense is already better than most.

Those stats are extremely misleading, why don't you look up red zone percentage, or percentage of 3 and outs.... or.. just watch a game then pick literally any other game and compare.. our offense is boring, predictable and bland.. same as the rams were until this year...

So I guess that's how some of us can "accept what we are putting on the field". Doesn't mean I don't think there are areas they need to improve, but I certainly don't think it's the disaster that some of you are making it out to be.

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Chapow":2rd41yrr said:
Ambrose83":2rd41yrr said:

Those stats are extremely misleading, why don't you look up red zone percentage, or percentage of 3 and outs.... or.. just watch a game then pick literally any other game and compare.. our offense is boring, predictable and bland.. same as the rams were until this year...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Ron Fairley told us the truth. If you score more than the other team, you're gonna' win the game. :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
Ambrose83

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Tinymac2":237jk95b said:
seahawkfreak":237jk95b said:
Tinymac2":237jk95b said:

Buttedmail0734

Seems like the same 20-30 poster's are very vocal about the problem and it's a problem but your solution seems more emotional than factual.[/quote

Ok.. let's see.. we have the better qb, tight end, receivers and the lines are a wash.. they have the better rb.... that's it... and way better offensive PLAY CALLING

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ambrose83":1oa6w4iw said:
The rams overnight resurgence is concrete proof of the difference competent play calling and talent utilization can produce. Color me frustrated.

I'd say the FA signing of Whitworth played as big of a role as anything for the Rams this season. He's been an outright stud on their line.

Also the Rams are currently the #3 rated offense in the league, and we're #7. So the entire premise of this post is just another thinly veiled jab at Bevell, and not something with any merit. The Rams also have had a top 3 easy schedule so far.

Post this thread again in 4-5 weeks after they finally play some good teams, and we'll see how amazing their offense looked.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
We badly need to get the run game going. We have the 2nd ranked pass offense in the league, but have so much trouble scoring in the red zone because our 22nd ranked rush offense, which is mostly just Wilson scrambles, not a true run game.

Wilson I believe has accounted for more total yards than any other QB in the league. Its really to bad that the lack of run game is wasting his incredible season.

Tinymac2

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3sahfzea said:
Tinymac2":3sahfzea said:
seahawkfreak":3sahfzea said:
Tinymac2":3sahfzea said:

Buttedmail0734

What is it you think my solution is? I made a comment about a stupid saying that you brought up.

I'm sure it's , Just win. My bad.

Chapow

Reaction score
Ambrose83":1bv3ptct said:
Chapow":1bv3ptct said:

Ah, I see. We should dismiss points per game and yards per game compared to all of the other teams in the league and use some other stats instead that you are assuming will better support your argument. :roll:

Again, there is room for improvement, but this offense is no where near as bad as some of you are making it to be.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Chapow":1buanqb1 said:
Ambrose83":1buanqb1 said:
Chapow":1buanqb1 said:

Ah, I see. We should dismiss points per game and yards per game compared to all of the other teams in the league and use some other stats instead that you are assuming will better support your argument. :roll:

Again, there is room for improvement, but this offense is no where near as bad as some of you are making it to be.

The problem is most of those points are scored using the offense we should be using all the time, My issue is we don't use the offensive system that best suits our players all the time only when we have no choice. This puts to much pressure on the defense and the offense. This also requires Rw to do his magic routine when he should not have to if we just ran the offense we are best suited for all the time.

getnasty

Reaction score
The Hawks are typically a second half of the season kind of team and typically the offense it way better in the second half of the year. While I'm not a Bevell supporter we have been in the top ten in ppg pretty much every year he's been here that's with a horrible OL and I would say being handcuffed by Pete Carroll.
With Sherm out and the O struggling this year it will be interesting to see if Pete allows the offense to open it up a little more. I'm not as down on Bevell as most here but the time is now for the offense to pick it up is now if we don't i say we miss the playoffs for the first time in a long time.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, if we are w/out Earl and/or Kam next Monday, our D could get shredded. Gonna' need to score at least 30 to win that one. And they are plenty capable.

Tinymac2

Reaction score
Ambrose83":2jzaew1z said:
Tinymac2":2jzaew1z said:
seahawkfreak":2jzaew1z said:
Tinymac2":2jzaew1z said:

Buttedmail0734

Seems like the same 20-30 poster's are very vocal about the problem and it's a problem but your solution seems more emotional than factual.[/quote

Ok.. let's see.. we have the better qb, tight end, receivers and the lines are a wash.. they have the better rb.... that's it... and way better offensive PLAY CALLING

I would say bother QB's are very good but with different experience levels. Receivers are a push - both good groups. We have the edge on TE but there's isn't a weakness. They have the edge in RB. That leaves the 5 man oline.

You understand the weakest link premise, right.

Enlighten me, what specific plays are you avdocating? What OC are you putting forward?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I love our Receivers, but Julio Jones, Mohamed Sanu and Taylor Gabriel......damn. That is one hell of a group.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ambrose83":2oung07a said:

We do not have better WR's and the line is definitely not a wash. The Ram's O-line is better at literally every spot, including LT with Whitworth.............................. and Austin, Watkins, Woods and now Kupp balling out is a formidable WR corp.