The Official I Love Bevell Thread

RussB

Reaction score
stang233":24cbp5d1 said:
Bevell sucks and is the weakest link on this team.
O line actually sucks. Ive been critical of bevell but hes got to work with one of the worst o lines in the league .

chris98251

Reaction score
I would only Love Bevell on one condition, most people use a Condom, I want a Offensive Line for protection.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I will reserve judgement until the televised debate.

SeaChat

Reaction score
RussB":1xvvou0g said:
stang233":1xvvou0g said:
Bevell sucks and is the weakest link on this team.
O line actually sucks. Ive been critical of bevell but hes got to work with one of the worst o lines in the league .
Was my point exactly. Its not the quickest way to win friends and influence people around Seahawks.net to show Darrell Bevell his just deserves, for the undeniable successes of the Seahawk's Offense, since his arrival in 2011.

A lot of folks continue to instead, blame every failure, or blown play, on Bevell, and I guess magically credit the individual players involved in successful plays, and ignore the fact that it was Darrell's play calling being executed properly out there that provided the offense the opportunity be successful in that situation, which looking back, like it or not, has been right a whole lot more often than not.
"Critism is a tribute to success, paid by mediocrity and stupidity, don't get mad Mr. Darrell Bevell , take a bow instead".
I just realized its my damn spellcheck that keeps changing "Bevell" to Befell, lol, I'm really not that far out there to have done that in previous post intentionaly , LMAO!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
McGruff":1hf6006t said:
I think given the total execution failures against Arizona, it is impossible to accurately evaluate the offensive gameplan last week.

Byond that, this has been the most consistent and productive offense in the history of the Franchise for the last 4-5 years, and I refuse to believe that is IN SPITE of Bevell. Or that Wilson has developed into a great QB IN SPITE of Bevell.

comment-of-the-day.png

StoneCold

Reaction score
chris98251":279xz3r0 said:
I would only Love Bevell on one condition, most people use a Condom, I want a Offensive Line for protection.

With this Oline you are asking to have Bevel rumble in your back field.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
McGruff":2vlczqxw said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":2vlczqxw said:
I have to confess to having NO OPINION regarding the Hawks' OC. (Blasphemy, I know!) I just don't have anything like the amount of information or background to offer any worthwhile evaluation.

I'm just a schlub who watches the games and gets overly emotional regarding officiating and NFL garbage, like the continued existence of the Patriots.

Gimme one more Super Bowl, and I can retire and have drinks with Marshawn.

Refreshing non-opinion.

I think given the total execution failures against Arizona, it is impossible to accurately evaluate the offensive gameplan last week.

Byond that, this has been the most consistent and productive offense in the history of the Franchise for the last 4-5 years, and I refuse to believe that is IN SPITE of Bevell. Or that Wilson has developed into a great QB IN SPITE of Bevell.

I liked these posts, don't really like Bevell, but I sure acknowledge that McG is dead right. Given the breakdowns on the OLine and the drops it is hard to assess whether Bevell pooched the game as far as his contributions. I give a good deal of credit to AZ's D who played well. He has helped Wilson be better

AZ had a geat gameplan against us and our D refused to let AZ beat them. Neither O played well and the kickers were both awful, short summary of last weekend's game.

HawkerD

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having a glimpse at an alternate universe where Belechik is the coach of the Seahawks. Seeing what he did with the Patriots has me thinking we would be on the verge of a four-peat.

Everyone knows that Defense wins Super Bowls and this defense has been WORLD CLASS. On top of that we have a somewhat above average Offense with an Elite QB that can score points when we cover our weaknesses and exploit the opponents defense. In the current reality sometimes that happens but not often enough.

Bevel is probably an average OC just like Kris Richard is an average DC. The Defensive talent makes up for Richard's shortcomings but the Offense cannot do the same. If we could bring in a top tier OC than I would be all for that. If we don't win another SB with this group then it will be looked at as a squandered opportunity.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Bevell is feeling loved, keep up the good work guys.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having a glimpse at an alternate universe where Belechik is the coach of the Seahawks. Seeing what he did with the Patriots has me thinking we would be on the verge of a four-peat.

Belichick is a different type of coach, though. He does not cater to young players. With a few exception, his draft record is largely terrible and he's known for that. He mostly finds success by finding heady veterans who can understand his scheme. Outside of the QB position, he is not known for player development.

In that alternate universe, Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, K.J. Wright, Bobby Wagner, etc. do not develop into the All-Pro talents that we see them as today. Pete Carroll does not get enough credit for rebuilding this franchise by simply developing raw talent. Belichick may have been successful, but he would not have done it the same way with the same players. Without a 15-year vet like Brady to lean on, no chance he "4-peats" with the roster that Mora left behind.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkerD":1g8v7j9w said:

Everyone knows that Defense wins Super Bowls and this defense has been WORLD CLASS. On top of that we have a somewhat above average Offense with an Elite QB that can score points when we cover our weaknesses and exploit the opponents defense. In the current reality sometimes that happens but not often enough.

Bevel is probably an average OC just like Kris Richard is an average DC. The Defensive talent makes up for Richard's shortcomings but the Offense cannot do the same. If we could bring in a top tier OC than I would be all for that. If we don't win another SB with this group then it will be looked at as a squandered opportunity.

Interesting question.

As much as it pains me to say because I hate the Patriots, Belichick is the greatest coach in the history of the NFL. I don't know of any other coach that can scheme and change philosophies week to week, and even series to series to attack his opponent and make up for deficiencies on his own team.............on both sides of the ball.

Pete's also one of the greatest coaches of all time, but his strength's lie in his charisma, leadership abilities, talent evaluation and ability to motivate and prepare his players. Not so much the X's and O's and scheming of games, although his defensive schemes and techniques are widely copied, but never duplicated.

So my guess is if Belichick was our coach, our team would look different on both sides of the ball.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Bel is the only HC older than PC, right?

Anyway, what was his win % prior to lucking out with having Brady, versus since?

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
What we talk about when we talk about "Good OCs:"

Josh McDaniels - Takes over the Denver Broncos led by Tim Tebow and wins a playoff game by playing to his team's strengths and exploiting his opponent's weaknesses. Good OC.

Darrell Bevell - Leads an offense starring Pro Bowlers Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham, and Doug Baldwin to 25th in the league in offensive TDs. Not a good OC.

This is not rocket science.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":y6s8p6lk said:
What we talk about when we talk about "Good OCs:"

Josh McDaniels - Takes over the Denver Broncos led by Tim Tebow and wins a playoff game by playing to his team's strengths and exploiting his opponent's weaknesses. Good OC.

Darrell Bevell - Leads an offense starring Pro Bowlers Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham, and Doug Baldwin to 25th in the league in offensive TDs. Not a good OC.

This is not rocket science.

You left out McDanials was busted cheating just like when he was in NE. Oh and got ran out of town.

Maybe you haven't heard yet but you can't win in the first quarter so ignoring all the success Bevell has had and only pointing to this season so far while again ignoring all the injuries, penalties and O-line really just looks dumb.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If not for two poorly played games by the offense, this Seahawk team would be 6-0. Yes, they played poorly against the Dolphins too but they were good enough to win that game. Arizona and Rams have arguably the best defenses that the Seahawks have faced thus far but they are 0-1-1 against them. They play the Bills and Eagles in a few weeks, both teams with very good defenses. How the the offense fares against those teams will be telling. Do they continue this path of pathetic play or are they back to the late season 2015 Seahawk mode.

Defense for its part has played exceptionally well in each game (90%) of the season so far. They held the Rams to 3 FGs (9 points) in their loss. If the Seahawks offense could have punched it in once when they were in the redzone, they would have won that game. They were within the 5 yard line and they couldn't punch it in.

Under Bevell they have been atrocious in converting TDs in the redzone. That has been a constant throughout his tenure as the Seahawks OC. Before anyone makes the RW is short excuse, yeah he was that height when he joined the team 5 years ago. How come no adjustments to account for that? Consistently bad red zone production.

According to this site- teamrankings - the Seahawks have been average at best in the redzone scoring percentage (TDs only) since Bevell has been OC (2011 and on).Many seasons they have been below average in that regard. Their best year in this category was 2013. https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct?date=2016-10-30

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2pc25u3p said:
If not for two poorly played games by the offense, this Seahawk team would be 6-0. Yes, they played poorly against the Dolphins too but they were good enough to win that game. Arizona and Rams have arguably the best defenses that the Seahawks have faced thus far but they are 0-1-1 against them. They play the Bills and Eagles in a few weeks, both teams with very good defenses. How the the offense fares against those teams will be telling. Do they continue this path of pathetic play or are they back to the late season 2015 Seahawk mode.

Defense for its part has played exceptionally well in each game (90%) of the season so far. They held the Rams to 3 FGs (9 points) in their loss. If the Seahawks offense could have punched it in once when they were in the redzone, they would have won that game. They were within the 5 yard line and they couldn't punch it in.

Under Bevell they have been atrocious in converting TDs in the redzone. That has been a constant throughout his tenure as the Seahawks OC. Before anyone makes the RW is short excuse, yeah he was that height when he joined the team 5 years ago. How come no adjustments to account for that? Consistently bad red zone production.

According to this site- teamrankings - the Seahawks have been average at best in the redzone scoring percentage (TDs only) since Bevell has been OC (2011 and on).Many seasons they have been below average in that regard. Their best year in this category was 2013. https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct?date=2016-10-30
One of the reasons our red zone production is down is because we've led the league in explosive-play touchdowns the last 4 years, meaning fewer chances inside the opponent's 20. Wouldn't you take that trade off?

Also, since we have led the league in surrendering the fewest points the last 4 years, we're accepting of kicking a field goal than most as those points go further for us than any team in the league.

Latest posts