The passing game will be there next week

General Manager

Reaction score
Wilson is simply to good a QB for this to continue . He had a Passer rating of 103 this year and a 63% comp percentage. We are at home and they are overdue for a great game. Harvin will play and we are mostly healthy so I like our chances .

OP
OP
General Manager

General Manager

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":2cebaasw said:
Where did you hear Percy is going to play?

I'm taking it on faith and until he's ruled out I'm going to keep saying it so deal with it folks.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Rather than starting a new thread, I'll ask here. Does anyone think (if he's healthy enough) Luke Willson could be a big key next week? He got a TD in the last Niner game, and he's considered a fast TE in the passing game. I got to thinking of him when I saw Olsen get a big gainer down the seam today. If his ankle is good enough, I hope we have a plan to use him in the passing game.

lsheldon

Reaction score
The 49ers are running on borrowed time. They are now at 8 consecutive wins with 5 of those on the road. Streaks like that have a way of ending. Just saying.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I agree. I totally understand four of the last five games in a row being horrible passing days, but there's no way we make it five of six!

Hmmm, wait a minute...

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Let Russell play and we'll win. I have no doubt on the other
Side of the ball.

OP
OP
General Manager

General Manager

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":13lmhddy said:
I agree. I totally understand four of the last five games in a row being horrible passing days, but there's no way we make it five of six!

Hmmm, wait a minute...

I understand why some of you feel that way and even if that should happen with our defense we can still win. I simply don't believe they will play like they did against the Saints it was the worst day Wilson has ever had in terms of yardage so if your asking me if I think they will play better than yes book it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
My lack of faith is not with Wilson, it's with our "I love to play checkers on a chess board" offensive coordinator.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
The positivity warms the heart.

Were winning this game and going to the superb owl! Believe people!

minormillikin

Reaction score
We hit a peak during the regular season game against the Saints, then we went down into a little valley.

The good news : The 2013/2014 Seahawks' valley is not as deep as it is for other teams. And, quite possibly, we may be about to climb out and up to an even higher peak. Perhaps we will reach the top on February 2nd.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1q9c7kbe said:
My lack of faith is not with Wilson, it's with our "I love to play checkers on a chess board" offensive coordinator.
This. It ends and begins with that guy. Take the leash off of RW from the start of the game and let him takeoff when he can. It opens up the defense, and they can't stack the box with 8 or 9. Harvin being back keeps the defense honest too.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Everyone is really over-reacting to yesterday's game.

The wind really affected things. Maybe it took being there to see it. Brees only had 34 yards in the first half. Nearly 200 yards in the 4th quarter when the wind had died down a bit, and when the seahawks were giving NO the underneath routes just trying to run the clock. Nearly 100 of his yards came after the lynch TD to put us up 23-8 and mostly putting the game out of reach.

Conversely we were against the wind in the 2nd and 3rd and it was obvious that the game plan was to run the clock as much as possible and to protect the football. Rewatch the game and you'll see Wilson being very protective with the football. He even hesitated and opted against a screen pass to Harvin that was wide open, almost assuredly because he didnt' want to risk a backwards pass/fumble or possibly laying Harvin out to dry by taking a big hit and losing the ball.

3 quarters of the game was essentially playing keep-away and relying on the defense to shut the saints down and that's what happened. in retrospect and with a re-viewing it was almost a perfect game in that sense - against a good team we did what we wanted to do. Got ahead early and then used the weather and a mistake-free game of pounding the rock to run the clock down on the Saints.

Yes if you want to go back over the past several weeks our offense hasn't been electric but it's been good enough in tandem with our superior defense to have us hosting the NFC champtionship game next weekend.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I'd love to see a RO run on the very first play like we did in AZ. That opened up things a lot.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I want to see us establish the pass game right away. let wilson get into a rhythm, something I doubt he's been in since SF.
In the 2nd half last week wilson would have 1 chance to get the 1st down, no margin for error.
Run, Run put us in 3rd and 6 and 1 mistake would cost us the drive.
Peyton Manning/Tom Brady can throw 1 to 2 incompletions and still get a 1st down on that series cause they get 3 chances.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I actually think RW is going to own this game and that he will be the MVP. This is the game that RW has been waiting to play lights out.

The receivers cannot be dropping balls, like Tate on the slants. I am calling for all the receivers to be part of it. Baldwin loves making the big catches on SF too.

Latest posts