The Pete Carroll era is over

kf3339

Reaction score
I thing it is too soon to say when the PC era is over. The one thing I do know is he finally gutted his coaching staff, which was about two years or so later than should have happened. We all know that.

The real "TELL" will be how the existing young players respond around so many vets gone and will they step up. This is really the case on defense. It is why I think a guy like Suh could really make a difference.

But we shall see.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I’m sure Pete’s demise is news to Pete, JS, the team, and Paul Allen.

This place has started to become a home for negative nellies, oh woe is us, we will suck, etc..

The team played adequately w/o Sherman, Chancellor and a few others last year. We will appreciate having a TE that can actually block, and catch too. The team is better w/o Bevell, Cable, and those drama queens who sought public attention form their causes at the expense of their team. The team has added size and speed at WR. Now let’s see what happens with the OLine, at RB and at DT and DE.

I’m not prepared to bet against Pn’J. I think they are far from being done.

Willyeye

Reaction score
The young players will most likely respond exactly the way the young players responded back in 2012. Now that they know they're not competing against guys like Sherman, etc., they actually have a shot at being a starter.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
pcbball12":2jy4fu2f said:
Orrrrrr, they want to get paid and we aren't offering them jack. Which tells me they have a strict plan with their budget and the type of guys they are willing to fork over cash for. They aren't freaking out and over paying guys because "oh no, we're rebuilding, we need to sign guys now!".
The Dickson deal makes this look unlikely.

nanomoz

Reaction score
As shitty mellowdrama goes, this post is a 10/10.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
So.. nothing new to the thread that already exists except one more poster wants to put his whinging at the top of the board?

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
A lot can happen in two years this post is premature and inaccurate Pete is still head coach.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Wow , I just cant believe how many think we are toast
It's the salary cap and we had games where we looked old and slow on D
Time to shake it up and that's it
We need to younger ,check
We need to jettison aging vets cap , check
We need to rebuild with new coaches , check
Yeah we need more things checked but there is plenty of time and we wont go crazy with big money early in FA
We can and have a plan for rebuilding and are following it and yes we've had these guys for many years serve us well but at 52 I would hope a coach would have the sense to can my ass
Every team has to do this occasionally and we all , or at least most of us knew this was coming so be happy that its getting done and new blood that didn't work well is coming in to work in Pete's system that didn't do so well on other teams
When many players that get poached look crappy elsewhere you know you have a good coach and I can think of a lot of players that left and didn't do jack , I'm not gonna write them all down but how many can you think of.
A lot so just hang on for the ride cuz we finally have a rivalry with not only the 9ers but the Lambs too so I for one am looking forward to this coming year and we go in not having a Tarvaris type QB but a RW type franchise guy
Out of my forty plus years as a hawk fan , that my friend has never happened :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

pcbball12

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1fxoyy8y said:
pcbball12":1fxoyy8y said:
Orrrrrr, they want to get paid and we aren't offering them jack. Which tells me they have a strict plan with their budget and the type of guys they are willing to fork over cash for. They aren't freaking out and over paying guys because "oh no, we're rebuilding, we need to sign guys now!".
The Dickson deal makes this look unlikely.
How do you figure? Because he signed a 3 year deal worth UP TO $14 mil? And we have no clue what the details of the contract actually are or what the guarantees are.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
kf3339":1wzfny7m said:
I thing it is too soon to say when the PC era is over. The one thing I do know is he finally gutted his coaching staff, which was about two years or so later than should have happened. We all know that.

The real "TELL" will be how the existing young players respond around so many vets gone and will they step up. This is really the case on defense. It is why I think a guy like Suh could really make a difference.

But we shall see.

It's definitely too soon. Literally.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":1tprqing said:
File this under "Making a big claim so if it pans out, I can say 'Told you so!' and if it doesn't, people probably won't remember!"

:ditto:

Just like my signature

chris98251

Reaction score
The receivers we have added are the type Schotty needs for his offense, bigger and have certain talents.

The new Defenders are hedge bets on making sure we have depth for Earl trade and for back up for McDougald as well, along with replacement for Kam and were always looking for Special teams help. I doubt many of these have much in guarantees in their contracts. Dickson is a absolute need for blocking and catching TE, Schotty uses the TE a lot and many times has duel TE sets, we have Vannett who has played and Swoopes, 3 years 14 mil for a starter at TE that is proven durable and productive isn't bad considering the 10 mil plus we paid for Graham a year that we didn't use correctly.

We have not hit the lineman hard as of yet and may not if the new O line Coach thinks it's a technique training issue with many of these guys, we heard a lot about base and reaching and over extending from guys watching them play. If the can correct those things in OTA's and training camp we may be heading back towards better O line play, we know they have a high athletic score almost across the board. One can hope here, I am not going to say we can't get any worse because we did last year. I can just hope for better.

We have also not addressed RB, I think we will see more guys brought in there, Davis is out looking around as is Rawls. They may be comparing offers and could still see one or both back, there isn't a whole lot of affordable guys out there for the relief roll, we also have three guys still here in McKissic, Prosise, and Carson. We need a good FB and a thumper physical back still. Prosise and McKissic performed the same roll last year, if both healthy I would think we see them used a bit different in the new offense. Or one on standby which would be a waste.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
sdog1981":34wcu7z8 said:
So.......did he get fired?

Breaking News...

No. No he didn’t.

This is just a rehash of an existing thread.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
HansGruber":1axzeej7 said:
Hate to say it. Love Carroll and what he did for us. Best coach in Seahawks history. But this era is over.

Seahawks are in rebuild mode. There's only so much you can do with undrafted talent. Carroll will be here for 2 more seasons. Schneider will join him in the way out. Paul Allen will go after Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, or some other college talent. Seahawks will not seriously contend until then.

The mass exodus of free agents speaks for itself. They want to win and know it won't happen here.

I've been trying to stay positive but honestly we all know what's up.

Breaks my heart to see all that talent go to waste.

Nick Saban is 66.

chris98251

Reaction score
If Carroll retires a staff coach or a guy like Petersen will be hired, someone that had to build and maintain a program, not someone who is riding a wave of prospects that should win based on historic legacy like in Alabama.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Willyeye":20goeq3x said:
Now that they know they're not competing against guys like Sherman, etc., they actually have a shot at being a starter.

And what exactly was bad about competing against Sherman? Worst case, they play like the depth they are and yield the corner position to...Sherman. Who's a Hall of Fame talent. I'm not seeing how the presence of vets is destructive to a team when the vets themselves are good.

Latest posts