The Portland Trailblazers

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
Blazers land Anderson Varejao for Cleveland's first round pick. Its a salary dump bye Clevland. Portland plans to release him. Curious. I wonder what the cap ramifications are for portland. Did they pay 30 million for a first round pick?

m0ng0

Reaction score
Atradees":2rb7p6ep said:
Blazers land Anderson Varejao for Cleveland's first round pick. Its a salary dump bye Clevland. Portland plans to release him. Curious. I wonder what the cap ramifications are for portland. Did they pay 30 million for a first round pick?

From what I have read is that portland gained a 1st (2018 ltop 10 protected) and gained about about 5.9 million dollars in cap room, not sure how this works yet :D

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
m0ng0":1es4wn9z said:
Atradees":1es4wn9z said:

From what I have read is that portland gained a 1st (2018 ltop 10 protected) and gained about about 5.9 million dollars in cap room, not sure how this works yet :D

:thmusik36: Thank you

http://www.blazersedge.com/2016/2/17/11039806/nba-trade-rumors-andersonvarejao-blazers-cavaliers

This is interesting article. For the Stretch Provision, a team can waive a player. 9.6 guaranteed...over three years.

3.2 a year cap hit.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Brian Roberts + 2nd round pick from Miami for nothing it would seem..... whic h gets the blazers above the cap minimum.

Alexander

Reaction score
With the All-Star Break now over, I wanted to post FiveThirtyEight's CARM-ELO rankings for the first 52 games.

RfdhsV2http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-nba-picks/

The Blazers may only have just crawled back up to .500, but CARM-ELO has them ranked a respectable 10th, and has them finishing .500 down the stretch.

If they keep up their recent level of play, that seems very plausible. I guess we'll see if they can maintain that consistency, against some rather stiff competition coming up.

soohawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1vvojq2o said:
Overall a pretty boring NBA trade deadline.

it was ridiculously dry this year

things will spruce up at the draft in June

:thirishdrinkers: here's to a good playoff run in both conferences!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Really wish I could get into the blazers this year, but for whatever reason basketball just doesn't do it for me anymore. I think it's because so few teams have a chance to win the championship. Season seems decided before it even starts. It's going to be Cleveland vs either golden state or San Antonio.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
JSeahawks":36haz7zo said:
Really wish I could get into the blazers this year, but for whatever reason basketball just doesn't do it for me anymore. I think it's because so few teams have a chance to win the championship. Season seems decided before it even starts. It's going to be Cleveland vs either golden state or San Antonio.

I kind of agree with what you said. No one really cares about the regular season except for fans that follow their teams. If you don't have a team, who really cares about a regular season game in February. We all know the Cavs are going to win the East and it will most likely be the Spurs or Warriors out of the West.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I follow the Blazers but I don't really follow the NBA. If the Blazers are not playing I don't watch.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Without the Sonics,I watch very little and it's the finals at that.The other part is the game has been watered down,I see lousy defense,lots of no coaching and really besides Lebron who is a real superstar player?Dwight Howard,Blake Griffin and whoever else?Nope but they sure was hyped up enough,now look at them.People throw away big money for that crap?Oh to the post I wish Paul Allen had sold the Blazers to Clay and bought the Sonics right after.I'm pissed that didn't happen

Alexander

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2rddsdzc said:
Without the Sonics,I watch very little and it's the finals at that.The other part is the game has been watered down,I see lousy defense,lots of no coaching and really besides Lebron who is a real superstar player?Dwight Howard,Blake Griffin and whoever else?Nope but they sure was hyped up enough,now look at them.People throw away big money for that crap?Oh to the post I wish Paul Allen had sold the Blazers to Clay and bought the Sonics right after.I'm pissed that didn't happen

Nice of you to derail a Blazers thread with a comment wishing it was Portland that got screwed instead of Seattle.

As for superstars besides Lebron, you ever hear of Steph Curry?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Alexander":37anj980 said:
IndyHawk":37anj980 said:

Nice of you to derail a Blazers thread with a comment wishing it was Portland that got screwed instead of Seattle.

As for superstars besides Lebron, you ever hear of Steph Curry?
Sure he's a shooting talent and not sure what else,there have been many great shooters in the NBA and a lot were before the 3pt era so if you want to call Curry a superstar when he's in a system where all can shoot 3's go ahead but he does not get my vote.As for derailing that wasn't my intent (sorry)the Sonics just get me going.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Curry is a legit superstar. He has a chance to go down as one of the greatest ever IF he keeps this up. I was listening to the radio and they said the Bucks could have gotten Curry a few years ago for Bogut. But the Bucks said they wanted Monta Ellis instead :cry:

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
IKR!!! Did you see us fill those passing lanes! We had Golden State drawing Technicals and losing composure!