The Portland Trailblazers

CPHawk

Reaction score
Remember when some sonic zombie fan said the Blazers can't beat good teams?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
CPHawk":3oan10da said:

I wouldn't get too far ahead of yourself. The Blazers played a great game, but it was one game. Bad teams beat good teams in the NBA all the time. In an 82 game season, you are going to have upsets here and there. Not to mention NBA teams are notoriously known for coming out of the all-star break sluggish. GS, OKC and SA all lost their first games out of the all-star break.

The Blazers are a quality team, but I still think they're a .500 team. Should be an interesting finish to the season.

On a side note, most of their offseason moves look to be working out. I've always thought Batum was a bit overrated. While he was very talented, he always had me wanting more. Wes Matthews is having a poor start to his season, no surprise there as he is recovering from the big injury. While I liked Lopez, Plumlee is a better fit for this team. I think the only guy they wish they had back was Aldridge.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
Yep. Batum was/is talented but massively inconsistent. Way over paid.....

Who doesn't love Aldridge.......but a turn around fade-away jumper from 15 feet was his go to move.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1c8zs9sf said:
CPHawk":1c8zs9sf said:

I wouldn't get too far ahead of yourself. The Blazers played a great game, but it was one game. Bad teams beat good teams in the NBA all the time. In an 82 game season, you are going to have upsets here and there. Not to mention NBA teams are notoriously known for coming out of the all-star break sluggish. GS, OKC and SA all lost their first games out of the all-star break.

The Blazers are a quality team, but I still think they're a .500 team. Should be an interesting finish to the season.

On a side note, most of their offseason moves look to be working out. I've always thought Batum was a bit overrated. While he was very talented, he always had me wanting more. Wes Matthews is having a poor start to his season, no surprise there as he is recovering from the big injury. While I liked Lopez, Plumlee is a better fit for this team. I think the only guy they wish they had back was Aldridge.

Portland also beat Cleveland by like 30. But I agree this is still a hair better than .500 team. They need a couple more pieces.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
One thing that is going in Portland's favor is that the rest of the West doesn't look as strong as we expected. Houston is having a down year. Mavs have taken a step back. The Grizz look like they could be without Gasol the rest of the season. And the Pelicans who many thought were the new up and coming team are off to a horrible start. The Blazers will have a shot at the 5 seed. But I still don't see any of the top 4 teams in the West losing in the first round (SA, GS, OKC, LAC). Those top 4 teams are just head and shoulders above everyone else.

Alexander

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":394mj716 said:
m0ng0":394mj716 said:
Another win last night! 3 games over .500 now
6 wins in a row I believe. Whoulda thunk it?

If they beat the Rockets tomorrow night, it will be hard for the Blazers to not make the playoffs. They'd be up 2-3 games on the Jazz/Rockets, and they'd have tiebreakers over both of them.

Make it so!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Alexander":40ebld5y said:
hawksfansinceday1":40ebld5y said:
m0ng0":40ebld5y said:
Another win last night! 3 games over .500 now
6 wins in a row I believe. Whoulda thunk it?

If they beat the Rockets tomorrow night, it will be hard for the Blazers to not make the playoffs. They'd be up 2-3 games on the Jazz/Rockets, and they'd have tiebreakers over both of them.

Make it so!
Blown 21 point lead. Bad loss last night.

m0ng0

Reaction score
James Harden.....give the person a million bucks that figures out whats going on in that guy's head :D

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This upcoming roadtrip will be a good measuring stick for this team. A good mixture of bad, decent and good teams in it. I think if they can go 3-3 that will be solid, anything better than that I will be very impressed.

Alexander

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1eqnke1m said:
This upcoming roadtrip will be a good measuring stick for this team. A good mixture of bad, decent and good teams in it. I think if they can go 3-3 that will be solid, anything better than that I will be very impressed.

Agreed. Beating Chicago would be a nice way to start the road trip and rebound from last night's slow-motion disaster. Should be doable, with Butler out and Rose banged up.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
m0ng0":3aazqcv1 said:
So why did you decide to post in this thread?

Just to be a jerk I guess. I'm really not into basketball at the best of times, but it still made me mad when we lost the Sonics. I keep hearing rumors we might get a team but then nothing.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":1ojwr7ci said:
m0ng0":1ojwr7ci said:
So why did you decide to post in this thread?

Just to be a jerk I guess. I'm really not into basketball at the best of times, but it still made me mad when we lost the Sonics. I keep hearing rumors we might get a team but then nothing.

I know how you feel. The Sonics were my favorite team. They were Seattle's team before the Mariners or Seahawks.

It's hard to watch the NBA from an outsiders perspective. For one, they need to shorten the NBA season. There is no reason for 82 games, I personally think they should shorten it to the 60-70 range but that's just me. The thing that really hurts the NBA is that it's the same teams every year. You can pretty much predict who will be in the finals before the season even starts. Unlike NFL, MLB and College hoops, it isn't a wide open race.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
There is also no defense in the NBA, it's glorified one on one...

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
The conference is the Blazers to manipulate. They are playin well enough to move up a coupla spots and not play the Warriors or Spurs right away.

Plumblee looks real good as a passer.....along side Damian.