The Rams....

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
northseahawk":3upi32q3 said:
Usually the rams beat us with a crappy dysfunctional team. This year they have a nfl level team thats going to beat the shit out of us!!

Welp

I hope you're glad to be wrong!

Threedee

Reaction score
Since the Rams aren't going 0-2 against the Niners, perhaps we'll get to see that glorious 0-16 trainwreck transpire down in Santa Clara.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Well, this is the first time that I felt the Rams were he better team goig into and after the game since 2004. Watching Seattle today was like watching the Rams the past few years. Astonishing that we turned it over 5 times and dropped the game winning TD.

Disappointed to lose, of course, but we nade a ton of mistakes, and if we dont make just one of them we probably win the game.

Also, i think after Gurley fumbled he touched the ball while he was out of bounds but BEFORE it hit the pylon. Game changing miss there if thats the case.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2tuxnhjl said:
Well, this is the first time that I felt the Rams were he better team goig into and after the game since 2004. Watching Seattle today was like watching the Rams the past few years. Astonishing that we turned it over 5 times and dropped the game winning TD.

Disappointed to lose, of course, but we nade a ton of mistakes, and if we dont make just one of them we probably win the game.

Also, i think after Gurley fumbled he touched the ball while he was out of bounds but BEFORE it hit the pylon. Game changing miss there if thats the case.

Better before? I can see it. Better after? 5 turnovers says something else. As for officiating, quit your bitching. The Rams got away with offensive holding most of the game.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Maulbert":3odqpagj said:
Ramfan128":3odqpagj said:

Better before? I can see it. Better after? 5 turnovers says something else. As for officiating, quit your bitching. The Rams got away with offensive holding most of the game.

Turnovers dont say that at all. The domination in yardage and yards per play tell me the Rams were the better team. Turnovers can be random.

And really? Both teams got away with holding. But that call, if it was wrong (Im not sure that it was, so Im not bitching), is much bigger than holding calls.

getnasty

Reaction score
Any pressure on Goff and he just throws it up for grabs, the Rams are better but I don't think there a playoff team. We're playing absolutely horrible and still walked out with a win against a team that was red hot and playing in their building. That should tell you somethimg

907Hawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2207h5ho said:

The Hawks made the plays they needed to win the game, the Rams do look good and could have won this game. Im glad you feel like the better team lost, this is a great moral victory for St Louis, when is the parade.

NINEster

Reaction score
Threedee":3p2j8pyt said:
Since the Rams aren't going 0-2 against the Niners, perhaps we'll get to see that glorious 0-16 trainwreck transpire down in Santa Clara.

You're right.

The Rams won't drop the 2nd one to the Niners.

The Hawks will be the sole 49er win this year. :irishdrinkers: :mrgreen: :stirthepot:

Maulbert

Reaction score
NINEster":174zwsa7 said:
Threedee":174zwsa7 said:

You're right.

The Hawks will be the sole 49er win this year. :irishdrinkers: :mrgreen: :stirthepot:

Giphy

NINEster

Reaction score
What is it about football that makes it nearly impossible to be great on both sides of the ball?

Is it psychological? Time of Possession?

Where was the vaunted Rams defense that could hold the Seahawks to 9 points a game?

Haven't seen them anywhere this season.

Maybe blame it on the Wade Philipps 3-4 transition.....

My guess is they return to Century Link on fire, and that game is a 13-10 type battle.

NINEster

Reaction score
Maulbert":2kft3534 said:
NINEster":2kft3534 said:
Threedee":2kft3534 said:

You're right.

Giphy

:lol: :lol:

adeltaY

Reaction score
Ramfan128":55dxd0mb said:
Turnovers dont say that at all. The domination in yardage and yards per play tell me the Rams were the better team. Turnovers can be random.

And really? Both teams got away with holding. But that call, if it was wrong (Im not sure that it was, so Im not bitching), is much bigger than holding calls.

They reviewed it and it didn't look like Gurley stepped out of bounds before the ball left his possession.

Also, how many interceptable passes did Goff have? Sub 50% completion percentage, was that random? Gurley and Austin getting nothing in the run game after the first half?

I actually agree the Rams looked like the better team. I think their defense was the most consistent unit on the field today, but Russ did juuuuust enough to get us to the win. Our defense was maddeningly inconsistent, giving up 3rd and long damn near every time, but they also got some crazy turnovers.

We'll take the road division win. Have fun playing at Jacksonville, I'm sure your OL is looking forward to their Calais Campbell reunion as much as ours is :( . See you at CLink.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Good, fun game. Well, coulda been more fun.

Congrats to the Hawk fans on your win!!

At the end of the game: Hawks had more points, so Hawks win.

What a fun Sunday. I might be stupid in love w my new Rams, as if I wasn't already before.....

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Great game overall, could have went either way. Rams are a tad overrated, but oh well. Clearly these are going to be the best 2 teams in the division for the next few years.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
adeltaY":41uh2ft3 said:
Ramfan128":41uh2ft3 said:

They reviewed it and it didn't look like Gurley stepped out of bounds before the ball left his possession.

Also, how many interceptable passes did Goff have? Sub 50% completion percentage, was that random? Gurley and Austin getting nothing in the run game after the first half?

I actually agree the Rams looked like the better team. I think their defense was the most consistent unit on the field today, but Russ did juuuuust enough to get us to the win. Our defense was maddeningly inconsistent, giving up 3rd and long damn near every time, but they also got some crazy turnovers.

We'll take the road division win. Have fun playing at Jacksonville, I'm sure your OL is looking forward to their Calais Campbell reunion as much as ours is :( . See you at CLink.

On the fumble, I agree with you. As soon as I saw the replay, I thought "well that's going to be Seahawks ball".

After the game I read another poster who said that the sequence went like this:

Gurley fumbled
Stepped out of bounds
Gurley touches he ball trying to get it back
Ball hits the pylon

I haven't checked if it was true, and I can't blame the officials as I didn't notice this even if it did happen, but if Gurley touched the ball before it hit the pylon but after he stepped out of bounds, the ball is dead right there. You typically only see this come up when a ball is fumbled near the sideline and the defensive team recovers it, only to find out that he was out of bounds first.

It was a really good game overall. I just pointed out that I came away feeling like the Rams were the better team because I haven't felt that way after a Seahawks game in 13 years. Normally we needed a fake punt or some other fluke play just to stay in the game.

sutz

Reaction score
Ramfan128":bcls7ae2 said:
adeltaY":bcls7ae2 said:
Ramfan128":bcls7ae2 said:

On the fumble, I agree with you. As soon as I saw the replay, I thought "well that's going to be Seahawks ball".

Gurley fumbled
Stepped out of bounds
Ball hits the pylon

I haven't checked if it was true, and I can't blame the officials as I didn't notice this even if it did happen, but if Gurley touched the ball before it hit the pylon but after he stepped out of bounds, the ball is dead right there. You typically only see this come up when a ball is fumbled near the sideline and the defensive team recovers it, only to find out that he was out of bounds first.

It was a really good game overall. I just pointed out that I came away feeling like the Rams were the better team because I haven't felt that way after a Seahawks game in 13 years. Normally we needed a fake punt or some other fluke play just to stay in the game.
I don't think so. In your scenario, Gurley would have had to recover the ball and possess it before it hit the pylon. Once it came out of his hand, it was a free ball until a player of either team actually controlled the ball, which he didn't do until he slid into the camera guy in foul territory. Once it hit the pylon as a free ball and then went out of bounds it was a touchback, no matter who eventually came up with it. Once that happened, who recovered it was immaterial.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3625b8pf said:

Gurley fumbled
Stepped out of bounds
Ball hits the pylon

Nope
mynameisearl.0.gif

...if Gurley touched the ball before it hit the pylon but after he stepped out of bounds, the ball is dead right there.

Yes. The next question you have to ask yourself is, where is the "right there" that the ball is dead. It isn't where Gurley's foot is, it is where the ball is. If the nose of the ball is across the goal line when he touches it, and remember the goal line extends horizontally past the sideline, then it is a touchback no matter where his out of bounds foot rests.

sutz":3625b8pf said:
I don't think so. In your scenario, Gurley would have had to recover the ball and possess it before it hit the pylon.

Nope. Any time an out of bounds player touches a loose ball, the ball is considered to be out of bounds at the yard line where the ball is. No possesion is needed, and the spot is based on where the ball is, not where the out of bounds player is.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I think it really helped that pretty much the same play happened just minutes before this at the end of the Arizona/Philly game where JJ Nelson fumbled it along the sideline forward into the endozone. That play might have been the last play the reviewers in NY had seen before reviewing it in the Seattle/LA game.

http://www.azcardinals.com/videos/v...ard_Pass/6cf11be5-40ac-41bc-955e-ff3b403c7c2e

Not saying they still wouldn't have made the right call, but they did first call it a TD and it had to be overturned leaving some room for ambiguity... Without the call just before I could see the door open to go with "the call stands".
:stirthepot: