The Rams....

kidhawk

Reaction score
DJrmb":sayf7rbi said:
I think it really helped that pretty much the same play happened just minutes before this at the end of the Arizona/Philly game where JJ Nelson fumbled it along the sideline forward into the endozone. That play might have been the last play the reviewers in NY had seen before reviewing it in the Seattle/LA game.

http://www.azcardinals.com/videos/v...ard_Pass/6cf11be5-40ac-41bc-955e-ff3b403c7c2e

Not saying they still wouldn't have made the right call, but they did first call it a TD and it had to be overturned leaving some room for ambiguity... Without the call just before I could see the door open to go with "the call stands".
:stirthepot:

I was just glad they actually called it a TD. When I saw it at full speed, I thought maybe he'd fumbled it just short, but during the first replay, I saw it hit the pylon and hoped they'd overturn it. If they'd called him down at the 1/2 yard line, I don't know if Pete challenges it.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
If Gurley had fumbled the ball on his own just reaching for the goal line then I would have considered that a "lucky break" but Earl caused that play as much as someone causes a strip sack fumble or makes a great catch on an INT.

Give credit where it's due.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3l2rdc1u said:
After the game I read another poster who said that the sequence went like this:

Gurley fumbled
Stepped out of bounds
Gurley touches he ball trying to get it back
Ball hits the pylon

The shit some people believe to justify the feeling that they were jobbed. :34853_doh:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3k45y67n said:
Also, i think after Gurley fumbled he touched the ball while he was out of bounds but BEFORE it hit the pylon. Game changing miss there if thats the case.

The replay is up on youtube, but it doesn't change what I saw. Ball comes out...foot touches the out of bounds line....ball hits pylon....Gurley touches ball

[youtube]PKtJlrlZ80s[/youtube]

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1n69qyp6 said:
adeltaY":1n69qyp6 said:
Ramfan128":1n69qyp6 said:
Turnovers dont say that at all. The domination in yardage and yards per play tell me the Rams were the better team. Turnovers can be random.

And really? Both teams got away with holding. But that call, if it was wrong (Im not sure that it was, so Im not bitching), is much bigger than holding calls.

They reviewed it and it didn't look like Gurley stepped out of bounds before the ball left his possession.

Also, how many interceptable passes did Goff have? Sub 50% completion percentage, was that random? Gurley and Austin getting nothing in the run game after the first half?

I actually agree the Rams looked like the better team. I think their defense was the most consistent unit on the field today, but Russ did juuuuust enough to get us to the win. Our defense was maddeningly inconsistent, giving up 3rd and long damn near every time, but they also got some crazy turnovers.

We'll take the road division win. Have fun playing at Jacksonville, I'm sure your OL is looking forward to their Calais Campbell reunion as much as ours is :( . See you at CLink.

On the fumble, I agree with you. As soon as I saw the replay, I thought "well that's going to be Seahawks ball".

After the game I read another poster who said that the sequence went like this:

Gurley fumbled
Stepped out of bounds
Gurley touches he ball trying to get it back
Ball hits the pylon

I haven't checked if it was true, and I can't blame the officials as I didn't notice this even if it did happen, but if Gurley touched the ball before it hit the pylon but after he stepped out of bounds, the ball is dead right there. You typically only see this come up when a ball is fumbled near the sideline and the defensive team recovers it, only to find out that he was out of bounds first.

It was a really good game overall. I just pointed out that I came away feeling like the Rams were the better team because I haven't felt that way after a Seahawks game in 13 years. Normally we needed a fake punt or some other fluke play just to stay in the game.
Hell the last few years We felt like we was the better team and still lost to the Rams,Every game has been pretty ugly.
I think yesterday we earned it with the 5 TO and TOP,Kupp is a hell of a player but I think he was hurt before that near TD catch.Your QB should play more like Alex Smith..He has that laser 5-15 yrd pass but on long passes he is ugly as it gets.One thing for sure is your team is getting better.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Kupp is a hell of a player, agree w that.

I think Watkins is getting pissed and he better stop his dumbass from spouting off on Social Media.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I think the discussion about Gurley's fumble is irrelevant. Previous losses by the Seahawks against the Rams had important plays that could have drastically changed the game had they gone the Seahawks way. Now all we talk about is how the Seahawks lost those games.

The bottom line is that if you, as a team, let the game come down to one play, and you lose, then you haven't done enough to win.

If Kupp catches the ball, or Goff throws him a better pass, I'd say the same thing about the Seahawks. You didn't play well enough to win. If you're the better team, prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt. Simple as that.

Rambitious

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1o4y249q said:
Ball was clearly coming out before he stepped out of bounds. Huge play by Earl. Not a "lucky break"

It was a GREAT play by Earl.
But it was a 'lucky' bounce of the ball.
It could have easily gone right out of bounds.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Rambitious":1yay7kls said:
SoulfishHawk":1yay7kls said:
Ball was clearly coming out before he stepped out of bounds. Huge play by Earl. Not a "lucky break"

It was a GREAT play by Earl.
But it was a 'lucky' bounce of the ball.
It could have easily gone right out of bounds.

It's called "making your own luck"...hard work gets you breaks and not many work harder than ET.