The Santa Clara 49ers implosion is imminent!

OP
OP
seatownlowdown

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
RunTheBall":3at7h2fw said:
We'll beat them in Santa Clara this year, it's basically a neutral field. No homefield adv. at all.

true dat. as bad as we are, on a neutral field we are still somehow better than that scrub-a-dub-dub trainwreck

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
we have the implosion? LOL

golden tate? out due to "drama"
percey harvin? out due to "drama"
doug baldwin? hell, he might be next!

omg no lynch next year? OMG!

If anything, your QB must be VERY annoying. GL next year anyways. 4-4, plenty of games left!

Largent80

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":37a6qpf3 said:
we have the implosion? LOL

golden tate? out due to "drama"
percey harvin? out due to "drama"
doug baldwin? hell, he might be next!

omg no lynch next year? OMG!

If anything, your QB must be VERY annoying. GL next year anyways. 4-4, plenty of games left!

If you are finest, that says worst is abysmal. You are staring 4-5 right in the face...... :lol:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I am not throwing dirt on the Niners grave, not yet.

In fact, I think they beat New Orleans this week. To me, it's like the playoffs just started for San Fran. And in the playoffs, Kaepernick is actually allowed to run and doesn't have to pretend he is a pocket QB.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":m505husv said:

In fact, I think they beat New Orleans this week. To me, it's like the playoffs just started for San Fran. And in the playoffs, Kaepernick is actually allowed to run and doesn't have to pretend he is a pocket QB.

Is Ryan still playing that crazy 4 safety look? For as nutty and sporadic as Ryan's defenses are, I kind of like him vs a running QB.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3kel6tqb said:

The 49ers are a team that play down to their opponents and vice-versa. I think they will play well this weekend. The 49ers will be motivated by more than the prospect of a losing record as well, they have the Saints to thank for Seattle winning the NFC West last year.

But I think you are underestimating the Saints at home. They have essentially the best rush attack in the NFL when Ingram is in there. They are ridiculously good offensively at home. Their defense is trending back towards decency.

I am honestly horrified of the thought of an 11-5 Seahawks defending SB Champs team playing a WC game in New Orleans. It could be poetic and not in a good way for us.

To me, picking the 49ers to win here is almost like picking them to win in Denver. Because over the last few weeks, the Saints and Broncos performances aren't terribly far apart.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":2xwz6rd1 said:
Scottemojo":2xwz6rd1 said:

Is Ryan still playing that crazy 4 safety look? For as nutty and sporadic as Ryan's defenses are, I kind of like him vs a running QB.
Some. I don't think he can run that look much vs the Niners, Kaep will run from behind a heavy line with 2 TE and a FB. 4 safeties vs that look could be suicide if it's a RB handoff. Ellington, Lloyd, or Stevie Johnson should eat up safety coverage too, if Kaep can get them the ball accurately.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":1t6p4uuk said:
Scottemojo":1t6p4uuk said:

The 49ers are a team that play down to their opponents and vice-versa. I think they will play well this weekend. The 49ers will be motivated by more than the prospect of a losing record as well, they have the Saints to thank for Seattle winning the NFC West last year.

But I think you are underestimating the Saints at home. They have essentially the best rush attack in the NFL when Ingram is in there. They are ridiculously good offensively at home. Their defense is trending back towards decency.

I am honestly horrified of the thought of an 11-5 Seahawks defending SB Champs team playing a WC game in New Orleans. It could be poetic and not in a good way for us.

To me, picking the 49ers to win here is almost like picking them to win in Denver. Because over the last few weeks, the Saints and Broncos performances aren't terribly far apart.
You are probably right.

I just know that when things go wrong for the Niners, they correct it by running. And running. And running. And if Kaepernick stops pretending to be a pocket QB, it changes the dynamic for the Saints.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think it depends on if someone can push the pride button, if they wake up and it's us against the world I think they could be a hand full, they have the talent. They are not so different then us really right now, kicking the rabid dog before it's really dead can get you bit.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
If this week's game weren't in NO, I might think the Whiners win despite having no HFA in Santa Clara. But the HFA in the Superdome is immense. Saints win.

Like kearly said, I'm not real fired up at the thought of Hawks @ Saints in playoffs.

ringless

Reaction score
I am actually a little torn between who to go for as well.
I feel the Cardinals can hold onto the division title, and I dont want to see the Saints. I almost want a Saints loss, however it would be nice to know SF is pretty much eliminated from a divisional title, and getting closer to being eliminated from a wildcard spot.... But long term, Brees is scary.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Cartire":19ikplkk said:
Im still concerned about us playing them when they have a fresh Bowman and Smith playing. They will have zero season strain on them.

Jumping in mid season without taking any hits is not going to go very well. They probably don't have many padded practices left to get into game shape. They may be fresh for their first game, but their second game is gonna be harder to get ready for than if they had played the entire season because their bodies aren't used to the punishment they take.

Cartire

Reaction score
rideaducati":vm7sy982 said:
Cartire":vm7sy982 said:
Im still concerned about us playing them when they have a fresh Bowman and Smith playing. They will have zero season strain on them.

Jumping in mid season without taking any hits is not going to go very well. They probably don't have many padded practices left to get into game shape. They may be fresh for their first game, but their second game is gonna be harder to get ready for than if they had played the entire season because their bodies aren't used to the punishment they take.

Ive heard arguments for both sides. Im not sure which side I fall too, but I do know that both Smith and Bowman are freak physical specimens. And just like we say that its best to limit Beasts carries so he's "fresher" towards the end of the season and playoffs, the same principle should apply here.

I could see them not being full game conditioned ready, but at the same time, I could see them having less wear and tear, and thus fresher then they would normally be during the thanksgiving weekend games.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Would be very surprised if the 9ers win today. It only matter for the Hawks in that it opens up the WC spot in the NFCW, assuming a WC team comes from there.

endzorn

Reaction score
ringless":3vgdz3vl said:
I am actually a little torn between who to go for as well.
I feel the Cardinals can hold onto the division title, and I dont want to see the Saints. I almost want a Saints loss, however it would be nice to know SF is pretty much eliminated from a divisional title, and getting closer to being eliminated from a wildcard spot.... But long term, Brees is scary.
The Saints are the softest road team in football. If the Cards win the division then you should beg to see the Saints.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3msbgy8o said:
Would be very surprised if the 9ers win today. It only matter for the Hawks in that it opens up the WC spot in the NFCW, assuming a WC team comes from there.

The Seahawks currently hold the final Wildcard position. The niners have no bearing on that.