The scorigami is real in Seattle.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
The Seahawks’ Week 4 win over the Indianapolis Colts featured a safety, a failed two point conversion by the Colts and a successful one by the Seahawks. All of those plays added up to a rather unusual final score, Seahawks 46, Colts 18, a result that kept alive one of the strangest—and yes, probably least significant—streaks in football.

Since Pete Carroll took over as the head coach of the Seahawks in 2010, Seattle has now had one game each season in which they won by a score that had never before happened in the NFL, and that, as of now, has not been repeated since.

2010—Seahawks 36, Cardinals 18
2011—Seahawks 36, Giants 25
2012—Seahawks 58, Cardinals 0
2013—Seahawks 43, Broncos 8 (Super Bowl XLVIII)
2014—Seahawks 36, Packers 16
2015—Seahawks 39, Steelers 30
2016—Seahawks 37, 49ers 18
2017—Seahawks 46, Colts 18

“I think that’s freaking awesome, yeah,” Carroll said when asked about his team’s streak of unique final scores. “Isn’t that cool? How does that happen? It can happen once or twice, but it has happened eight years in a row. I don’t know if that has ever happened before. I love that.”

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/10/05 ... e%E2%80%9D

Chapow

Reaction score
Osprey":htl3lt95 said:
/In before Sioux gives credit to Bevell :stirthepot:

Welp, you started it so I guess I'll go ahead and ask. Don't you think the offensive coordinator deserves some credit when the team scores 36 points? How about 46? How about 58?

:stirthepot:

Maulbert

Reaction score
Chapow":2co8ln84 said:
Osprey":2co8ln84 said:

Welp, you started it so I guess I'll go ahead and ask. Don't you think the offensive coordinator deserves some credit when the team scores 36 points? How about 46? How about 58?

Well, at the very least, he doesn't deserve credit for the victory in 2010. Jeremy Bates was our OC that season. :p

cymatica

Reaction score
Non prototypical scores for a non prototypical team

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chapow":i1y21xyz said:
Osprey":i1y21xyz said:

First rule of .Net....................If we win, it's in spite of Bevell. If we lose, it's because of Bevell.

JGreen79

Reaction score
I remember watching that video from the article a couple of weeks ago. In the video he even goes into how a game can end 6-1 but will likely never happen.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Chapow":2o756xga said:
Osprey":2o756xga said:

Just for the sake of accuracy, the offense "only" scored 32 vs Colts. Defense scored 14.

:2thumbs:

Optimus25

Reaction score
JGreen79":2qh134jp said:
I remember watching that video from the article a couple of weeks ago. In the video he even goes into how a game can end 6-1 but will likely never happen.

The 1 point safety came in to effect with the extended xtra point try. But with 6 such a common denominator, I would say 4-1 will safely go down as never occurring as a football score.

-The losing team can only score a 1 point safety obviously.

-Winning team possibilities:

(4) 1 point safeties
1 FG and (1) 1 point safety
1 conventional safety and (2) 1 point safeties

No 1 point safeties have occurred since rule inception in 2015.

I wonder if Vegas would even pay a buck for a million dollar bet against this occurring...

Optimus25

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2iepuct0 said:
Chapow":2iepuct0 said:
Osprey":2iepuct0 said:

Just for the sake of accuracy, the offense "only" scored 32 vs Colts. Defense scored 14.

:2thumbs:

AND if quoting "58" for the sake of the destruction of Arizona, I remember my Seahawks fantasy defense single handedly winning the game that week. Like by themselves. Outscored the other guy's team.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Optimus25":17rm04v1 said:
JGreen79":17rm04v1 said:

The 1 point safety came in to effect with the extended xtra point try. But with 6 such a common denominator, I would say 4-1 will safely go down as never occurring as a football score.

-The losing team can only score a 1 point safety obviously.

-Winning team possibilities:

(4) 1 point safeties
1 FG and (1) 1 point safety
1 conventional safety and (2) 1 point safeties

No 1 point safeties have occurred since rule inception in 2015.

I wonder if Vegas would even pay a buck for a million dollar bet against this occurring...

Actually a one point safety can only occur during an extra point or two point conversion. A team would have to score at least one touchdown, and then somehow find themselves downed in their own end zone on the try. (98 yards backwards for a two point conversion). Therefore 6-1 is the lowest score possible where a team only scores one point.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
That's awesome... I love stuff like that. Like the absolutely lottery-chances, freaky occurences of the number "12" alignments in the 2013 season... That whole thing made me re-think my mind-set of "coincidence"... And that came to a head during that whole SB48 thing... When you add up all that 2013 stuff, it's mind-blowing.... It was "Destiny"... And that is SO anti-me...