Let’s get real

JPatera76

Reaction score
Geno went 1-3 and beat the worst team in the league. Come on man.
Do you have anything positive to say about the team? For the last month or two... and probably even more looking over your post history, you do nothing but shit on the team. Every step forward this team makes, you want to wind them back 10. Your posts rarely give credit and if you do you insert some excuse like "worse team in the league" And to boot your posts barely add any value to any of the topics other than to bring negativity, rants, and thread derailments. Not in a civil debate but where you start attacking the team. Are you a fan or not? And by that I don't care to hear "I've BEEN WATCHING THEM since 1976 or in the bad days!" or some bs, because if you have you wouldn't be constantly crapping on them or players dragging them down, belittling or minimizing every victory they have whether its big or small. Instead, why not try to enjoy the season. If they lose so what, if your expectations of them are constantly shit, then why do you need to bring down what other people might see as an improvement, like "oh the defense looked tighter, better communication" even in the losses there's growth with this team. Look at Woolen, Bryant, Geno, Cross, Lucas, Walker III, DK THE whole team is learning and growing. Hell I feel like your angry they're even 3-3 lol

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Hell I feel like your angry they're even 3-3 lol
That's because he is. Literally every single argument he made all off-season has been wrong and not like 'well, maybe, kind of' but 'wow, not even close' type of wrong.

So now he's just holding out hope that the team (and Geno in particular) craps the bed the rest of the year so he can salvage an 'I told you so' out of it.

He'd rather be right than have the Seahawks win.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Wilson overcame it for years
And then fell flat on his ass in the last couple years, he has a TOP TIER Defense in the Donkos and he's DONE SQUAT to help them win....OH AND, Even with our floundering Defense in game 1 this season GENO BESTED WILSON, so you go right on ahead & sing Russ's praises, but you and I both know that Geno is doing a hell of LOT BETTER JOB, eh?? ;-)

OP
OP
M

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
I'm really struggling to believe this thread. I guess I really do not understand how one could be so down on this team and what they've accomplished, like trade of century rumblings, best draft of last several years rumblings. Either people are very paranoid, living their lives looking for failure in everything, which is just incredibly depressing, or these threads are complete bullshit.
I think I can understand your perspective here but the intent of the thread was to initiate a conversation about how preseason expectations have been completely destroyed by the positive results so far and to gage the opinions regarding how the Seahawks should move forward.
I appreciate how many different opinions are here. It’s early in the year but I find it entertaining to speculate on the future moves. In the end, this and every other fan forum is BS and speculation. If you are looking for definitive information, I think you will always be disappointed.

OP
OP
M

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
Geno just turned 32 years old. He's not the long term answer. Besides, we've played just 6 games this season, not nearly enough of a sample size to warrant an extension. Too many teams have hitched their wagon to who they thought was their QBOTF only to see it turn out to be fool's gold, and I don't want to be one of those teams. We're in a good position in that we do not have an expensive QB eating up cap space, and I'd like to use that advantage to build on what we have.

I don't think we have to draft a QB. Having a very serviceable one like Geno makes it more of an option than it does a priority. If we see a QB in the draft that we really like and that is available without selling the farm to move up and nab him, then by all means, pull the trigger.

The entire league is wide open this season, so outside of making a stupid trade like the Niners just did or we did a couple seasons ago with Jamal Adams, we push as hard as we can and see where it goes. I'm not so naïve as to believe that we are a SB contender, but I've been wrong before. Being 3-3 in our first 6 games isn't all that bad.
Love it RiverDog!

OP
OP
M

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
This what I mean about Fools Gold. Guess Geno deserves a long term contract and is the answer to the QB position now. Lol. Um,,,no.
Maybe somewhere in the middle. Geno has been great so far. If he continues this for the whole season then put me in the sign Geno to a 3 year 35-40 mil deal AND draft JS’s favorite long term QB answer with the option to sit him while he learns or trade a newly high valued Veteran QB, GS, for some draft capital.

OP
OP
M

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
Geno is top 5 in yards per attempt and leads the league in completion percentage so any talk of dink and dunk is bizarre. I haven’t heard that about our offense this year but I guess there’s a first for everything lol
So right!

Rainger

Reaction score
This what I mean about Fools Gold. Guess Geno deserves a long term contract and is the answer to the QB position now. Lol. Um,,,no.
Nobody is saying that, at least not me. Yes the Hawks must draft a young QB next year, but that does not negate the fact that Geno has played top ball. For you to continue to put the guy down says more about you than him.

Rainger

Reaction score
Do you have anything positive to say about the team? For the last month or two... and probably even more looking over your post history, you do nothing but shit on the team. Every step forward this team makes, you want to wind them back 10. Your posts rarely give credit and if you do you insert some excuse like "worse team in the league" And to boot your posts barely add any value to any of the topics other than to bring negativity, rants, and thread derailments. Not in a civil debate but where you start attacking the team. Are you a fan or not? And by that I don't care to hear "I've BEEN WATCHING THEM since 1976 or in the bad days!" or some bs, because if you have you wouldn't be constantly crapping on them or players dragging them down, belittling or minimizing every victory they have whether its big or small. Instead, why not try to enjoy the season. If they lose so what, if your expectations of them are constantly shit, then why do you need to bring down what other people might see as an improvement, like "oh the defense looked tighter, better communication" even in the losses there's growth with this team. Look at Woolen, Bryant, Geno, Cross, Lucas, Walker III, DK THE whole team is learning and growing. Hell I feel like your angry they're even 3-3 lol
Lol well said. The reason Pitt continues his crap against the Hawks is, he secretly is a Stealers fan still trying to justify his Stealers win by Stealing a SB from Seattle.

evergreen

Reaction score
You forgot to mention that we’re in first place too. Plus, we have six draft picks making huge congratulations $40 + million cap hit this year and tons of great draft capital next year plus $$ for FAs. It’s a freaking unicorn rainbow tornado man.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Genos dinking and dunking has netted him some good stats so far. He's top 5 in stats and yet the teams still only 3-3. Like its been said, great stats, but he still lacks the intangibles to get the team to the next level. Optimism will come with the draft when they pick a QB. If they dont draft one, fans will eventually see through the Fools Gold. It just takes some longer than others.
Do you expect Geno to also play on defence? Our current defence ranks:
Total Yards conceeded 31st
Yds per play 32nd
Points conceeded 31st
Rushing Yards per attempt 30th
Passing Yards per attempt 32nd

With those stats it is remarkable that a Geno led offence has got us to 3-3

Any Quarterback option is frought with risks,
Extend Geno? We don't yet know if the last 6 games will continue for a few more years or if he is going to be a Nick Foles, putting together a few games of magic and then returning ot medicrity
Pay mega $ to get one ofthe best quarterbacks in the game? Like the Broncos in the off season
Invest all our draft capital to to get our draft QB of choice (if the season ended today we might be able to trade our 2 first rounders for the the No 2 pick but obviously that depends on how us and Denver do until the end of the season), Mayfield, Darnold, Zach Wilson, Trubisky, Winston, Bortles and Marriota were all top 3 picks
Rely on the depth of quarterback in the draft to pick someone who is left in the middle of the 1st Round or later, that only decreases the chances of them being a future franchise QB (though gives us more draft capital to improve elsewhere)

Which option we go with depends on what happens between now and the end of te season if we and the Broncos improve so we end up with both our picks being outside the top half of the first round and we wont be in a position to get a top 3 pick. If Geno falls off a cliff we wont want to extend his contract.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I think I can understand your perspective here but the intent of the thread was to initiate a conversation about how preseason expectations have been completely destroyed by the positive results so far and to gage the opinions regarding how the Seahawks should move forward.
I appreciate how many different opinions are here. It’s early in the year but I find it entertaining to speculate on the future moves. In the end, this and every other fan forum is BS and speculation. If you are looking for definitive information, I think you will always be disappointed

No, I think that's why most of us are here, I think we all get this. Many though are sick of the whiny negativity. Sure, a whiny post or three around a tough loss or stupid thing the coaches are doing, ok. Some people aim to drag others into their cesspool of negativity in which they wallow day in and day out, and they probably do that everywhere they go, and I don't like it. So I'll continue to remark on it if the threads (by a few people only) get to be too much. They ruin the forum.

getnasty

Reaction score
I think the bubble is gonna leak some air but i don't think it will pop. Offense should regress a little but i think the defense gets better as the year goes. My guess is 7-10 to finish the year.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Genos dinking and dunking has netted him some good stats so far. He's top 5 in stats and yet the teams still only 3-3. Like its been said, great stats, but he still lacks the intangibles to get the team to the next level. Optimism will come with the draft when they pick a QB. If they dont draft one, fans will eventually see through the Fools Gold. It just takes some longer than others.

More dinking and dunking:

EDITED to add: I apologize to @pittpnthrs for making this comment as a reply to your old comment a full nine hours after you made an admirable crow-eating post about Smith. I had not seen the thread you started last night until just a few minutes before writing this edit, and I only saw it because of @Maelstrom787's comment in this thread, three comments below this one. Folks, I admire @pittpnthrs for standing up and saying he now thinks he was wrong about Smith. You can see it by clicking here.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Damn Pitt, would it physically hurt you to just give Geno and the team SOME credit? Even a little bit? I'm asking an honest question.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
You forgot to mention that we’re in first place too. Plus, we have six draft picks making huge congratulations $40 + million cap hit this year and tons of great draft capital next year plus $$ for FAs. It’s a freaking unicorn rainbow tornado man.
I think the Seahawks should roll with Geno for another year and pour most of the resources into the front-7 on defense in 2023 free agency and draft.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Damn Pitt, would it physically hurt you to just give Geno and the team SOME credit? Even a little bit? I'm asking an honest question.

Gotta stick up for Pitt here, he did give a lot of credit to Geno. He made a new thread about it, check his profile.