THE WITCH IS DEAD!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1xcery4e said:
adeltaY":1xcery4e said:
WilsonMVP":1xcery4e said:
bmorepunk":1xcery4e said:
At some point Brady will hit a wall. That probability increases every year.

Predicting what teams across a conference will look like and play like based on this year isn't meaningful. If the Rams, Eagles, and Jaguars can have an insane upswing, someone else can next year. And if they're in the AFC East the Patriots won't automatically get far once they have to go play road playoff games.

That wall will come but he has arguably played his best 2 superbowl games the last 2 years. Totally different situation than Manning. He was totally carried to his last SB win and was horrible that year and had injury issues

For what it's worth, the Pats should be getting Edelman, Marcus Cannon, Marty B, and Donta Hightower back next year. I think the loss of Hightower specifically really reared its head this game.

Cooks ALSO went out early in the game but it was def the defense that lost this game for them. Brady couldnt of played much better than he did.

Oh there was one play that I think he could have done better with, it was close to the end of the game.

ivotuk

Reaction score
They are losing Matt Patricia who has been huge for their defense, and Josh McDaniels who imho, is a savant when it comes to being and OC.

That will effect their team. And if Dante Scharneccia retires (again), Brady is screwed. (Unless they hire Tom Cable :p )

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We've heard this before.

Until Brady and/or Belichick retire or leave NE, I fear the Patriots will continue to be the NFL Terminator..............They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I believe Patricia has been a big reason for their success. Tom Brady is of course, but Top 10 D for 5 or 6 years is nothing to sneeze at. Especially when Bellicheck keeps trading away talent.

"The 43-year-old has been Bill Belichick's defensive coordinator in New England since 2012. In those six seasons, Patricia has never ranked outside the top 10 in scoring defense, winning two Super Bowl rings in that same time frame."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... h-of-lions

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ivotuk":2xwfo82w said:
I believe Patricia has been a big reason for their success. Tom Brady is of course, but Top 10 D for 5 or 6 years is nothing to sneeze at. Especially when Bellicheck keeps trading away talent.

Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis also left back in the day.

Don't be mistaken, Belichick is the evil genius that runs that organization, from top to bottom. It's why the Pats have been able to plug and play not only on the field personnel, but the coaching staff...........and not miss a beat.

If he and Brady both come back? I don't see how it's any different.

The question for Belichick is, does he have the energy at 66 to once again start over training an entire new staff, on both sides of the ball? Let's hope no, and he goes back to ringing the clock tower bell where his soulless heartless joyless curmudgeon ass belongs.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawknation2018":247xretu said:
If Gronkowski retired, that would be a blow.

Nah they would trade for Vannett and he would be a instant Pro Bowler.

raisethe3

Reaction score
I am really glad the Eagles won it. :irishdrinkers:

Crizilla

Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't say that. Tom Brady at age 40 just put up over 500 yards in the superbowl. If NE gets a respectable defense again, they will keep walking through the AFC. They still play in a crap division and in the weaker conference. He took a few good beatings yesterday too and kept playing at a high level. I'm thinking 2-3 more years for Brady.

original poster

Reaction score
Gronk won't retire, think he's due $9M next season, thats a lot of beer for him.

Also heard rumours on Twitter that their OC may end up staying.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
original poster":1li9p0z6 said:
Gronk won't retire, think he's due $9M next season, thats a lot of beer for him.

Also heard rumours on Twitter that their OC may end up staying.

Nope.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NBCSports/status/960744887040790529[/tweet]

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I know it's unlikely but I would not be said to see Brady 2017-2018 follow the career arc of Brett Favre 2009-2010

uncle fester

Reaction score
McDaniels now staying on in NE.

Colts must be a *little bit* annoyed at that one...

original poster

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":fnaxpajk said:
I know it's unlikely but I would not be said to see Brady 2017-2018 follow the career arc of Brett Favre 2009-2010

I don't think anyone outside of NE fans would mind that.