They dropped Julio down in the batting order...

sutz

Reaction score
I like it. Put him back in the order until he comes around. Right now, he's not hitting like a lead off hitter, and certainly not getting on base like one should. Give him some time in the meat of the order to get his swing and head right.

He's still our best player, just needs to remember that.

Ruminator

Reaction score
I remember thinking, when the season started, how odd it seemed having Julio lead off. Seems most teams have their HR threat hitter 3rd or 4th in the line-up. In any case, glad they finally moved him back and I hope he never hits lead-off again unless he becomes more of a singles and doubles hitter while rarely hitting homers... which, I'm really not sure what to expect anymore, but kind of doubt that'll happen.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Yeah but it doesn't mean much bigger picture. The team is still last in multiple offensive categories. Just being real.

Chapow

Reaction score
The team is in a tough spot regarding Julio. Any other young player struggling as badly as Julio has been struggling would probably be sent down to Tacoma for a bit to help them kind of figure it out, gain some confidence, and take some of the pressure off. However, Julio is regarded as one of the leagues young stars. He was an all star and rookie of the year. It's gotta be a really tough call to send that guy down, but at some point you have to do something. I don't really know what they should or could do right now, but damn, this is getting hard to watch. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He stuggled last year early too. But damn, he needs to stop chasing. In fact, this entire lineup has the worst at bats in the league (probably)

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I've been hearing about his back when listening to the radio (mostly 710 after work). Is Julio being hobbled with a sore back? That would explain some things, but if that's the case I don't know why he wouldn't be put on the IL for a week or two to let him get some physical therapy and rest.

Chapow

Reaction score
If he does have a sore back, and I don't know if he does or not, maybe he should stop trying to crush every pitch thrown in his general direction to the moon. Take it down a notch or 3 and just try to make some good contact.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep. When he started getting hot last year, it was when he just went with the pitch. Look at JK, he goes with the pitch and is locked in big time.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
If he does have a sore back, and I don't know if he does or not, maybe he should stop trying to crush every pitch thrown in his general direction to the moon. Take it down a notch or 3 and just try to make some good contact.
Have him spend some time with Griffey laughing at the video of Sosa shattering his bat.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I've been hearing about his back when listening to the radio (mostly 710 after work). Is Julio being hobbled with a sore back? That would explain some things, but if that's the case I don't know why he wouldn't be put on the IL for a week or two to let him get some physical therapy and rest.
I doubt it.. have you seen some of those swings.. he's not being cheated on the swings.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
He's being pitched inside more.
Up and in, down and away. That pitching strategy is as old as baseball. Until Julio learns - again - to lay off of those pitches when they're out of the zone, he'll continue to flail. At least down in the order he'll get a few batters in front of him showing what the pitcher is doing. Maybe that'll help. He also needs to quit swinging for the fences every at bat and work on solid contact for starters.

Vesuve

Reaction score
I like it. Put him back in the order until he comes around. Right now, he's not hitting like a lead off hitter, and certainly not getting on base like one should. Give him some time in the meat of the order to get his swing and head right.

He's still our best player, just needs to remember that.
Yes, moving him down the order is only logical.....even for Servais.

Vesuve

Reaction score
He's being pitched inside more.
Scouting reports are telling opposing pitchers to take advantage of his swings at outside pitches.

I do think Julio will turn it around and he'll be smoking things up....imo...I think soon.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Up and in, down and away. That pitching strategy is as old as baseball. Until Julio learns - again - to lay off of those pitches when they're out of the zone, he'll continue to flail. At least down in the order he'll get a few batters in front of him showing what the pitcher is doing. Maybe that'll help. He also needs to quit swinging for the fences every at bat and work on solid contact for starters.
It was the right thing to do dropping him. He just needs to lay off pitches off the plate. Until he starts taking walks he won’t get anything to hit. It’s like him and JK from a year ago switched bodies.

balakoth

Reaction score
Marco pitched great today. Guy still scares the bejesus out of me but he deserves credit for a job well done.
Where is that Easton kid who pitched amazing? He never got another shot after that performance?!?!

balakoth

Reaction score
Oh nm... 15 day IL? Threw the shit out of his arm eh?