They dropped Julio down in the batting order...

Ruminator

Reaction score
So has Julio been doing any better since getting dropped in the order, or is the jury still out on that? I only saw a couple innings of today's game, including one at-bat by him, and it still pains me to watch him swing. It's a good thing he's young -- if I swung like that, I'd rupture a disc in my spine or something.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
So has Julio been doing any better since getting dropped in the order, or is the jury still out on that? I only saw a couple innings of today's game, including one at-bat by him, and it still pains me to watch him swing. It's a good thing he's young -- if I swung like that, I'd rupture a disc in my spine or something.
Julio plays the game like it's an adventure, which can be infectious when he's on a heater.

But the reality is, he needs to mature and realize that every at bat is an opportunity to contribute to his team's success... and tighten to up his game. Strikeouts need to go way down.

I believe that he will but it may take another year or two.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Julio is doing better since he was dropped back in the order.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Better contact and plate discipline. I know you think he should be hitting 5 HRs per week, but it doesn't work that way. His ABs have been more productive.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Better contact and plate discipline. I know you think he should be hitting 5 HRs per week, but it doesn't work that way. His ABs have been more productive.
It has been worse or the same. He is still chasing after pitches.

I'm not expecting 5 hrs a week or a game, but I would like to see that he gets on base more. Either by walks, or bunts or anything to get on base. Let the other guys get HR's, JK, Suarez, Raleigh and Teoscar. JR should bat 7th instead, and maybe if that doesn't work he should be given a DNP.