This is why we can't have nice things

Rocket

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":30ff1v5e said:
Hasselbeck":30ff1v5e said:
Another primetime blowout :lol:

But it was fun aside from the Earl Thomas muffed punt. :th2thumbs:
It felt really weird to be mad at Earl. I don't want to ever feel that way again. :|

This. Exactly.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":lfwqmusw said:
253hawk":lfwqmusw said:
It wasn't Earl's fault; Sherman kept turning back and forth and only started blocking his gunner at the last second.

Ultimately, it was his fault, IMO. Should have just called for a fair catch. Gotta recognize when there's no space because the gunner is about to be in your grill.

This. It's a rookie mistake really; you are not going to take every punt to the house. Punt returns are about maximizing your opportunities and not making mistakes. Not every punt has an opportunity. Take care of the football.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2g7bf9z8 said:
SE174":2g7bf9z8 said:
getnasty":2g7bf9z8 said:
Even if he calls for a fair catch he still gets hit and fumbles the ball. Don't get me wrong he should be fair catching both of his first two punts but i also think anyone muffs that punt, dude hit him right as he was catching it.

You might want to rethink that statement. If he calls fair catch and gets hit, free yards.

Not if Sherman is blocking the guy into him, as was the case because he got hit as the all got there.
Wrong again, if Thomas signals for fair catch, Sherman isn't blocking anyone into him, and from re-watching the play, that defender would have more than likely pulled up.
It would have been a decent field position if he had just recognized the coverage that was going to arrive about the same time as the ball.