This Rams fan says please beat the Cheatriots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
bostonhardo":16nt6r5l said:
HawkAroundTheClock":16nt6r5l said:
HawkFan72":16nt6r5l said:
Nog":16nt6r5l said:
Is that me or a lot of opposite fans are wishing us to win? That's something kinda overwhelming lol

We underestimated just how much the Patriots are universally hated.
We underestimated just how much cheating is universally hated.

If spygate never happened, if deflategate never happened, the Patriots would only face the boilerplate jealousy-based resentment. When all their success is questionable because of multiple sweeping cheating schemes, it's impossible to differentiate the hate for cheating in general and the hate for Bill Belichick's Patriots. They are now synonymous.

hey big guy how much do you hate Petey carroll for cheating at USC?
It's ok. It would hurt my feelings too if players and coaches I believed in were found out to be frauds, or at least brought the validity of their success into question with cheating practices. I'm sorry your team has betrayed your trust. The head-in-the-sand approach isn't one I'd adopt, but we all cope in our own ways.

bostonhardo

Reaction score
Largent80":1hzenrwp said:
Anyone defensive?....... :lol:

Not at all. I love football, the NFL and the Pats. I could give a rats A#s about what some whining Steeler pu%%y thinks.

If you love NFL stuff Google the Redskin and Cowboy wars back in the 70s when George Allen coached the Skins. They were taping each others practices with helicopters and everything else. If I remember the Cowboys once bought out an entire hotel because they thought Allen would have spies there. A lot more fun than reading about salary caps.

Back in the day when you could have personality and not worry about all this PC crap. Whats fair and don't hurt anyones feelings. While your at it look up red Auerbach and how he f*cked with the Laker's heads.

bostonhardo

Reaction score
It's ok. It would hurt my feelings too if players and coaches I believed in were found out to be frauds, or at least brought the validity of their success into question with cheating practices. I'm sorry your team has betrayed your trust. The head-in-the-sand approach isn't one I'd adopt, but we all cope in our own ways.[/quote][/quote]

But you didn't answer the question. You a politician?

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
HATC":a6p6ud1v said:
It's ok. It would hurt my feelings too if players and coaches I believed in were found out to be frauds, or at least brought the validity of their success into question with cheating practices. I'm sorry your team has betrayed your trust. The head-in-the-sand approach isn't one I'd adopt, but we all cope in our own ways.

bostonhardo":a6p6ud1v said:
But you didn't answer the question. You a politician?
The question has been handled here extensively. I'm not going to waste time trying to convince you. Again, sorry your team has betrayed your trust and made you to look like a rube to everyone outside of NE.

nsport

Reaction score
Haven't posted this yet - not sure if it will get buried or not with all of the "passion" portrayed in here by our NFL brethren. Bottom line, if they have cheated and benefited, it paid off. Here's an email thread from my friend in Boston, and my reply right after.

His response to the leading question: "Tell me about your deflated balls?"
Honest opinion - most other teams probably doing the same thing. Just like spygate in that other teams were likely doing it but belichek is very arrogant and has lots of enemies. I think belichek should come out and say in his press conference - "everyone knows that every team doctors the ball to their preference. Shame on the league for allowing this to be an issue. Time for Goodell to show some balls and not to be swayed by the popular vote. Why every team is allowed 12 of their own balls in which they have 2.5 hours before the game to tamper with speaks to a process that was either broken or a league that didnt care about the issue in the first place until somebody forced them to react."

What's your take?

My reply:
Of course it's a running joke now and a reputation problem with the Pats staff. Kind of like when everyone bashed Seattle for being on PED's. I may be wrong, but I believe we had only 1 more PED violation than the other top teams in the league that year and since that era we have not had a single one (Browner is the last one actually - and he plays for the Pats.).

So... long story short, I'm a "where there's smoke, there's fire" person- if Don Shula won't take Bill Belichick's calls, based on the integrity/cheating angle, then it's more likely that they are doing their best to push the limits. Sometimes they cross - most of the time they don't (or don't get caught).

The best analogy I thought of last night was a buddy of mine at ******* who hated the Seattle traffic. He decided that for all work meetings he would take the carpool lane if traffic was bad. He did this for 5 years and only got caught twice, $205 fine * 2 = $410. And it's not even a moving violation. He was able to exploit the scenario while everyone else stuck to the rules - and it hardly cost him. In the Patriots case - if all the nudging of the line gets them 1-2 more wins per year then it paid off in spades. I can't begin to comprehend what they do to "cheat" but I do know that there is a lot of smoldering in that camp that looks like fire to me. At least two egregious events have occurred, and since they've been tagged, they have not won a Super Bowl - even though they continue to dominate the regular season. There's probably a lot of reasons for that, but nobody can ignore the parallel.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Nog":1c43j6lu said:
Is that me or a lot of opposite fans are wishing us to win? That's something kinda overwhelming lol
I don't belong to the Ravens board but I hear the Cheatriots hate thread is up over 2000 posts.
Karma be coming from Baltimore for yaz too.

bostonhardo

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":knmdsdpk said:
Nog":knmdsdpk said:
I don't belong to the Ravens board but I hear the Cheatriots hate thread is up over 2000 posts.
Karma be coming from Baltimore for yaz too.

Have a little bit of cheese with that whine. Coming from a team whose biggest star is a murderer is mildly amusing.

OP
OP
R

Rex

Reaction score
bostonhardo":2g12t5le said:
Rex":2g12t5le said:
bostonhardo":2g12t5le said:
Rex":2g12t5le said:
Sure you guys will get a terrible case of overinflated egos but I can't stand to think that the thieving trash Cheatriots steal another super bowl. Watch out for their forever accomplices the "officiating crew" who will refuse to call penalties in order to take away your strength on offense. A good heads up will be how the Seahawks are portrayed on the pre-game shows the day of the super bowl. If the Seahawks are portrayed as a brooding dominant force, watch out! The officials are going to screw you every which way possible! Win, just win! Do it!

(For any of my Rams brethren who after reading this have a problem with my request I say pull your head out of your butt its the effin CHEATRIOTS! 13 years of this crap is enough!)

HaHaha!!!! loser!

CHEATER. Enjoy your legacy inside the incestuous confines of Bean Town because everywhere else celebrates your karmic comeuppance this sunday and beyond. :0190l:

I will enjoy every second of my team playing in another SB while the loser Rams struggle to field a 500 team. Will you still root for the Rams when they move back to LA where they belong and leave your second rate city without a team again. :D

Must be quite satisfying for a cheater to appreciate all the cheating it takes for your Cheatriots to make another super bowl appearance. Enjoy the blizzard and the Seahawks routing your Cheatriots! :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
R

Rex

Reaction score
bostonhardo":39sts06v said:
Rex":39sts06v said:
bostonhardo":39sts06v said:
Rex":39sts06v said:
Sure you guys will get a terrible case of overinflated egos but I can't stand to think that the thieving trash Cheatriots steal another super bowl. Watch out for their forever accomplices the "officiating crew" who will refuse to call penalties in order to take away your strength on offense. A good heads up will be how the Seahawks are portrayed on the pre-game shows the day of the super bowl. If the Seahawks are portrayed as a brooding dominant force, watch out! The officials are going to screw you every which way possible! Win, just win! Do it!

(For any of my Rams brethren who after reading this have a problem with my request I say pull your head out of your butt its the effin CHEATRIOTS! 13 years of this crap is enough!)

HaHaha!!!! loser!

CHEATER. Enjoy your legacy inside the incestuous confines of Bean Town because everywhere else celebrates your karmic comeuppance this sunday and beyond. :0190l:

I will enjoy every second of my team playing in another SB while the loser Rams struggle to field a 500 team. Will you still root for the Rams when they move back to LA where they belong and leave your second rate city without a team again. :D

Must be quite satisfying for a cheater to appreciate all the cheating it takes for your Cheatriots to make another super bowl appearance. Enjoy the blizzard and the Seahawks routing your Cheatriots! :th2thumbs:

bradynumber4

Reaction score
chris98251":1yonnnnp said:
bradynumber4":1yonnnnp said:
Stealer fans still accusing others of doing what they do best (cheating).

Actually the Steelers didn't cheat, the Refs just were biased, the Patriots go out of their way to circumvent rules and bend them to a breaking point seeking an advantage to offset the lack of coaching and or skillset of there players.

Spying was legal before 2006, just like steroids were in the 70's . So we're no bigger cheaters then the Stealers. Seahawks players taking PED's this past year on the otherhand...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bradynumber4":7ci8f3z5 said:
Seahawks players taking PED's this past year on the otherhand...

Are you really going to bring up player conduct? Cause you have a player sitting in prison for murdering his pregnant GF.

But I understand, when you're accused it's easier to deflect than to just be a decent human being and say "yeah I was disappointed in my team." I've yet to hear even one Patriot fan take ownership of Spygate. Which makes it very hard to respect any of you.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
bostonhardo":uqlijevz said:
Have a little bit of cheese with that whine. Coming from a team whose biggest star is a murderer is mildly amusing.
Sgt. Largent":uqlijevz said:
Are you really going to bring up player conduct? Cause you have a player sitting in prison for murdering his pregnant GF.
You forgot the more recent one, their gangster tight end who is in prison for triple homicide. :0190l:

bostonhardo

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":36zxeyyn said:
bradynumber4":36zxeyyn said:

But I understand, when you're accused it's easier to deflect than to just be a decent human being and say "yeah I was disappointed in my team." I've yet to hear even one Patriot fan take ownership of Spygate. Which makes it very hard to respect any of you.

Take a deep breath.

First lets get your facts straight. The scumbag is in prison for murdering one of his scumbag dealing drug buddies not his girlfiriend. Either way it has nothing to do with player performance like those cheaters who take PEDs.

I will take complete ownership for Spygate. They most definetly taped the Jets defensive coordinators from the field instead of from the stands like everyone else. If you think that makes an iota of difference in a football game you should find another sport to follow. Check what any coach, not named senile overrated Shula, has to say. Even Eric Mangina, who started the whole thing .

bostonhardo

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":2ur5zknn said:
bostonhardo":2ur5zknn said:
Sgt. Largent":2ur5zknn said:
You forgot the more recent one, their gangster tight end who is in prison for triple homicide. :0190l:

two words

Ray Lewis

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
bradynumber4":3e2peqkh said:
This past year? Name them.

The most recent violation is on your team now. All the others are gone except for Bruce Irvin and his was 20 months ago.

Plus, we've already had a lot of threads where many of us articulated our outrage at those players. Feel free to look them up using the search option.

bostonhardo

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":18p06s1q said:
bradynumber4":18p06s1q said:
This past year? Name them.

The most recent violation is on your team now. All the others are gone except for Bruce Irvin and his was 20 months ago.

Plus, we've already had a lot of threads where many of us articulated our outrage at those players. Feel free to look them up using the search option.

Errrrr... excuse me when was Spygate?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
bostonhardo":3jqe37ga said:
two words

Ray Lewis
I hear ya, I got no love for Ray The Knife, I'm just saying that at least 4x as many murders have been committed by Pats** players than Ravens players.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bostonhardo":2s9iigto said:
I will take complete ownership for Spygate. They most definetly taped the Jets defensive coordinators from the field instead of from the stands like everyone else. If you think that makes an iota of difference in a football game you should find another sport to follow. Check what any coach, not named senile overrated Shula, has to say. Even Eric Mangina, who started the whole thing .

As with deflate-gate, if it doesn't make a difference then why did Belichick do it?

Coaches already work 100 hours a week, they're not going to waste time taping other team's practices unless they think they can get some sort of competitive advantage out of it.

btw, hard to bring up PED's when our biggest offender is now playing CB for your team. Kinda hypocritical don't you think?

bostonhardo

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":uqtdphv4 said:
bostonhardo":uqtdphv4 said:
two words

Ray Lewis
I hear ya, I got no love for Ray The Knife, I'm just saying that at least 4x as many murders have been committed by Pats** players than Ravens players.

Didn't know we were keeping score.

Look this is all bullshit. All these coaches, GMs, owners whatever get away with whatever they can. All the teams have guys on PED and all of them have "bad" guys. It just makes me laugh when fans of any team try to raise their team above the fray. It's pure ignorance. I do understand that it is based on pure emotion but still it makes me question the IQ level on this board.

BTW I think BB would sell his mother's eye teeth for more red zone efficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.