This team, organization is broken

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1j5d55vt said:
I wouldn't say broken, just a little winded.
And I'm also of firm belief that we win in San Fran next Sunday to get to 10 wins on the year. That may prop us back into the No. 2 seed. It may.
Then we rejuvenate for the playoffs and come out hungry. The talent on this team is still deep. Chalk me up for someone who still believes. Can someone take down the names off all the Exasperated Edgars on here so that we can rub it in their faithless faces when we make the NFL Championship Game.

Rose colored glasses

So if that doesn't happen the BUTTKISSING BEVELLERS ( since your into derogatory names) will take their medicine then right.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Lots of hyperbole here.

It's a farging football game. The team lost by 3 points after getting into position to win by 1. All you jumpers need to take a chill pill. There are going to be positives and negatives but I was right with concern about this game being

What wrong is the freaking OLine, 6 sacks, almost zero push in the run game, matador capes for both oGs (small O intended), but especially Glowinski who sucks and can't pass block.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
All in all I was impressed with the late heroics of the O, but unimpressed with the ST who weren't very special. The D doesn't deserve to be ranked #2 and won't be after today's fiasco.

Not broken at all but for sure showing a few real areas of weakness.

Hauschka has got the yips against AZ and has become somewhat unreliable.

Without a doubt the cheap OLine experiment is a failure.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I'm not convinced there's dysfunction or anything is broken... more just that significantly important aspects of this team are just not good enough.

-- Can't run the ball and we know it
-- OL is bad
-- Relying on the pass to set everything up on offense, and yet we can't pass protect
-- Despite talent at the EDGE, our four man rush is pitiful and we rely on Wagner/Wright blitzing

They tried to address some of these problems. They spent a R1 on the OL, R2 on an interior DL. Sadly, the situation has still gotten worse.

I want to see a bold, ambitious effort in the off-season. The window is starting to close. Balls on the table time, or we'll not win another title with this group. And that, IMO, is part of the issue. Guys like Sherman see the signs.

el capitan

Reaction score
I think the truth is that our drafts have gone downhill since Scot McCloughan left. He was here when the likes of Sherman, Wright, Kam and Russ were drafted in the later rounds, (he also built the team in Santa Clara that went to the NFC Championship game 3 years in a row). Since his departure our drafts just haven't been as productive.

I love the PCJS Seahawks, it has been an awesome ride so far, but sometimes I think they get too clever and outsmart themselves. Look at the wasted picks since we developed into a perennial contender, and to allow the o-line to degenerate into its present state is incredibly poor planning. Ask any Cards fan what they think of Sowell.

hawks85

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":7h9lvp70 said:
I wouldn't say broken, just a little winded.
And I'm also of firm belief that we win in San Fran next Sunday to get to 10 wins on the year. That may prop us back into the No. 2 seed. It may.
Then we rejuvenate for the playoffs and come out hungry. The talent on this team is still deep. Chalk me up for someone who still believes. Can someone take down the names off all the Exasperated Edgars on here so that we can rub it in their faithless faces when we make the NFL Championship Game.
I like your confidence but it wont happen. We are to inconsistent. Im just looking at the big picture.

BostonBlackie

Reaction score
I think you guys are still capable of coming out swinging. I'd hold off on the funeral.

acer1240

Reaction score
BostonBlackie":30gftm7j said:
I think you guys are still capable of coming out swinging. I'd hold off on the funeral.

I think so too. Even though this team has played poorly this year they are still in a position to get to 10 wins. I remember the 90's all too well so I refuse to not enjoy a playoff season.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I'm sorry but this board is so overly dramatic. We are one of the top teams in the NFL. Whether Hawk fans can see that or not is what it is