Thoughts about our OLine ?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think you're talking about the Detroit game. And yeah, I agree 100% that the strategy needs to shift...now, and elements of that shift kept for the rest of time.

Some of the crackdown and chip blocks that out TEs had in that Detroit game were brilliant. Instead of letting teams feast on our qb when our O line is weak, we should be making them pay by running more, hitting screens, and switching to the short passing game. And we need to do these things proactively, rather than reactively.

Yes. YES! You get me!

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Just saw the Wednesday injury report, I know it will be better by GameDay but the O line is a mess.

LTH

As of the Friday injury report, five players have designation "questionable," nobody is listed as "doubtful," and nobody is listed as "out."

There are two offensive linemen among the five players with "questionable" designation (Lucas isn't one of them because he's on IR): Brown and Haynes. Cross and Lewis are not on the final injury report, so they're good to go.

Last edited:

had2bhawk

Reaction score
As of the Friday injury report, five players have designation "questionable," nobody is listed as "doubtful," and nobody is listed as "out."

There are two offensive linemen among the five players with "questionable" designation (Lucas isn't one of them because he's on IR): Brown and Haynes. Cross and Lewis are not on the final injury report, so they're good to go.
Hopefully they will be ready for a workout.
"Next one up" Kind of look isn't it? Can't really push injured players on the front line without the thought they need another week. Opponents will smell blood and prey on the weak.
Tough decision to make. Practice Squad. is more important than I realized.

Jville

Reaction score
I think you're talking about the Detroit game. And yeah, I agree 100% that the strategy needs to shift...now, and elements of that shift kept for the rest of time.

Some of the crackdown and chip blocks that out TEs had in that Detroit game were brilliant. Instead of letting teams feast on our qb when our O line is weak, we should be making them pay by running more, hitting screens, and switching to the short passing game. And we need to do these things proactively, rather than reactively.

As I recall, the Seahawks left their offensive tackles on an island unassisted at the third greatest statistical frequency in 2022. So there is that preferred tendency. Seems to me that is possible on the left side. But, they probably could benefit from getting the right tackle more help regardless of who lines up there verses the Cardinals.

Jville

Reaction score
Transitioning to impressions from the Cardinal game, I thought Stone Forsythe had his best game to date at right tackle verses the Cardinals.

His pad level looked better than past outings. He's making progress.

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
Last 2 4th drives against cowboys I don’t think they put any effort tbh….🤦🏻‍♂️