Thoughts about our OLine ?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Was Bradford at RG because he has beaten out Haynes? Why did they move Haynes to the LG spot when he’s been playing RG? Why not just move Evan Brown over to LG and put Olu at C?
Probably felt more comfortable playing Haynes as the backup LG than putting Bradford on the bench, sliding Evan to LG, and putting Olu at center. Minimize the changes.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Haynes was getting beaten like a redheaded house mule or whatever the cliche is. Bradford was looking around on several plays like he didn't know who to block. Curhan has never been a good pass protector.

Agree that the playcalling involved too much long-developing stuff. Pete getting greedy again. He relapses every few games.

strohmin

Reaction score
Seriously? they did a fine job?
Yes they did. There were too many unneccesary long developing pass plays called. Either Geno needed to get rid of tge ball quicker or the plays should have been adjusted for quicker throws. blocking on 41 pass attempts is alot unless you are getting the ball out quick on that many attempts.

12forlife

Reaction score
I do think Waldron calls terrible games. Once teams figure him out he gets lost. But Geno did leave too many open receivers. I think this team will be better off with a running qb. DK couldn’t get open today at all. And the fact we didn’t do quick passing plays. Not screens. But slants is beyond me. Like Pete hates slants unless it’s at the goal line in a superbowl.
DK was wiiiiiide open on a handful of plays in the 1st half. Am I the only fan that realizes Geno can't read through his progressions? He locks on one WR and if they ain't open, he flushes or takes sacks, usually at the most inopertune times.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I think Waldron forgot to call formations and plays that helped out the O-line. Huge brain fart.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Phil Haynes was struggling most of the game. As someone mentioned earlier, it would have been nice to see them replace him with Evan Brown and then Olu at center. Also why is Jason Peters not on the 53 man roster. Could have used his leadership on the OL. The Bengals do have a great DL with Hubbard, Hendrickson, and Reader. Their front seven is terrific which helps their secondary tremendously.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

LTH

Reaction score
Come on you cant blame the offensive line that bad. The hawks looked like they called quite a few long developing pass play and the O-line held up for decent amount of time to make a decision. Either Geno or the playcalling needs to be blamed more for today.
It's the injuries and the lack of continuity.

Bradford is a rookie and he is learning. That last play on the last Seahawk drive said it all, the Bengles ran a stunt on the right side of the line and both the guard Bradford and tackle Curhan were unable to pick it up. It was a disaster that pretty much explained the red zone reps for the Seahawks in the 4th quarter..not to say that Bradford is a bad player he just needs experience and for sure he is getting it and that is not a bad thing, it's just frustrating.

Geno made some mistakes that one Int that was thrown JSN's way was a mistake under pressure. The INT meant for Metcalf was a miscommunication not sure who's fault that was. I don't think it was a probowl performance from Geno but really considering the pressure he was under I thought he made good decisions for the most part.

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
Highest run blocking grade in the league this weekend.

I do think the line deteriorated quickly once Lewis went out. Too much shuffling guys around has totally created chaos with the continuity in both the run and pass game.
Not only that but it prohibits Waldren from using the whole playbook.

Bradford is a pancake machine once they get that line squared away he will be an asset.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Wow, two weeks ago everyone was saying how well they did against the Giants. Frankly I am not a big fan of Haynes who is usually playing injured and is rarely healthy.

Seems the team will have some churning at the G positions this season as neither starter neither Haynes or Lewis have been healthy most of the year. We've already seen the churn at OT with both of Cross and Lucas missing time. The rookie Bradford is looking like he was ready to stake a claim to RG position and seems likely to take it away from Haynes.

Last edited:

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I would have thought that Waldron would adjust the play calling when he sees the Bengals D line owning the Hawks O line ( no more 5 & 7 step drop backs) and more 3 step quick hitting plays, bubble screens, quick outs

hoxrox

Reaction score
Geno was pressured on 46% of pass plays. Getting Lewis back this weekend should help. And more pass blocking help for Curhan as well if they're going to go for those long developing plays..

BASF

Reaction score
Geno was bad. He locked on to receivers in crucial situations. Maybe it's the play design? Like, "this guy will for sure be open!" And when he's not, it's a plate of horse shit for all of us to feast on.

(Is now a good time to point out that the Bengals defense has been bad, bad, bad this year? No?)
The Bengals defense has been bad against the run, but held us under 3.5 a carry. They supposedly struggled against TE'S, but we only had five total catches between our trio. Calling them bad times three is disingenuous. Waldron crapped the bed against the Bengals, whose D-Coordinator has made better QB's look mediocre.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The Bengals defense has been bad against the run, but held us under 3.5 a carry. They supposedly struggled against TE'S, but we only had five total catches between our trio. Calling them bad times three is disingenuous. Waldron crapped the bed against the Bengals, whose D-Coordinator has made better QB's look mediocre.
I believe their defense was one of the 3 or 4 worst in the league by DVOA before the game.

warden

Reaction score
Eight different combination on our line in five games. Losing both starting tackles in the season opener. This is a recipe for disaster. We all have injuries and next man up but multiple injuries at one position is just a killer. Overall our back ups did play ok but it did catch up to us in the Cincinnati game. The team has done a good job competing with all these injuries