Three Seahawks - Kearse, ADB and Russ

TAB420

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3pmn4t4j said:
TAB420":3pmn4t4j said:
He wasn't saying his kid deserved any special treatment. Just that athletes should have a little more patients when it comes to children. You never know what that one encounter could do in a young man or womans life.

Goes both ways. Maybe the parents should take that moment as a teaching point, and show them the world doesn't revolve around them.

Based on th OP's comments here, that is more the take away than Russ big timing teenagers.

Okay, but who's to say they have parents? Would you feel that way if it was your kid?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
two dog":35rn45wh said:
The great basketball center Bill Russell would not give autographs.
He offered instead to shake hands with you because he said he felt it was more
personal and meaningful than his name inscribed on a piece of paper. I imagine
some fans got kind of bent because I doubt he took time to explain to each one.

Of course that was before everyone carried a computer and a camera (smartphone)
on their person.
Darrell Green is the same way. He ran a football camp years ago that one of my sons attended and he refused to give his autograph. My son had some item - like a T-shirt or something - that he got all the players (Art Monk, etc.) autographs except that one. My kid was baffled, but I said, "Let's see if he will take a photo." A friend of mine (and colleague) does some "work" for him... so I named dropped. "Poof" - All of the sudden it was a Kodak moment.

My two youngest play football and I love it that they care to appreciate those who have made contributions to the game. Sadly, I think that's increasingly rare today. Getting photos with the players isn't what I'm talking about there. But, I think it honors those who are no longer playing the game and things like that can motivate young players to be students of the game.

Silver Hawk... your son was already with his hero that night. I don't know his name, but it's not Russell Wilson.

A

Anonymous

Ganton":1re482vi said:
I'm quite bad on deciphering initials and acronyms, so please someone tell me: who is ADB? (Another Defensive Back? :lol: )

Angry Doug Baldwin, my new friend.

Welcome aboard! :th2thumbs:

Now, let's work on those acronyms and try to keep up with the changes.

:mrgreen:

TAB420

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a young man going after what he wants. Just like RW has the right to so no to fans, the OP has a right to be disappointed in RW actions. STOP telling people how to feel. My son has met RW twice, and he has been great both times. He was not as laid back as Sherman was, but Sherman's just a big kid. So the OP was a little disappointed in how RW acted toward his kid, I also have a button when it comes to my kids feelings. Bottom line, the OP has a right to feel about this situation the way he wants. That being said there are plenty of times through out the day that people would get a different perception of me depending on my mood. It's not fair to judge people on one bad encounter, easy to do, but still not fair.

Rob12

Reaction score
I also have a picture of Russ pretty much blowing him off and "big timing" him.

Then post the picture.

I don't really buy this. It flies in the face of everything we, as fans, have heard, and also seen or experienced when it comes to Russell Wilson.

Even if this is true, it doesn't change my opinion of him. He had a roller coaster of a day, and probably wanted to simply relax.

I'd really like to see the picture of RW "big timing" your son, though. I don't know why you didn't post it in the first place, as it would lend some credibility to your claim.

TAB420

Reaction score
Why does this sound like a woman who was just told her mans been cheating on her? lol