Time for a GM Change?

SeaChickN

Reaction score
I don't think we need a new GM, but I would like to see him shake things up significantly this off-season. The last couple of offseasons have been pretty quiet, with mediocre drafts.

crosfam

Reaction score
I guess some folks want us to be like the Browns. I guess maybe Belichek should have been gone when they missed out on that perfect season.

slateman77

Reaction score
I totally agree..Maybe we could get Baalke...AYFKM...What a Moron..!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawknbear":31ds5e1i said:
Seahawks haven't been ass kicking good if few years? The Media still talks about "LOB" ? The LOB was dead once Brandon Browder left! I don't see any solid prospects coming up? Is Schneider still hungry?
Nope, the salary cap is working just the way the NFL intended it to.
JS is fine, PC is fine, But it's time for adjustment in the assistant coaching staff.
Time for DB, Richard, and Cable to move on. All have dropped the ball the past couple of seasons.

Needs to be some player personnel changes. Depth in secondary behind the starters is real weak at best, the O-line needs improvement obviously.

mrt144

Reaction score
How can you look at everything outside of OL, Percy Harvin and maybe JFG (but I consistently feel DB has trouble integrating outside players), Cary Williams and say that JS hasn't done a great job in his tenure?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2libchbs said:
Threads like this are why .NET is unbearable sometimes.

While we are at it, should we look for a new coach and a new QB too?
...... but imagine all of the draft picks we can get??? :sarcasm_off:

Lundy

Reaction score
It's time for our GM to have a good draft. It's been awhile. Less projects and more prospects.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
I have faith Pete and John will make the necessary adjustments. :2thumbs:

timmat

Reaction score
After the past two seasons, we need to take a hard look everywhere for ways to improve. So look very quickly at the GM, understand we're OK there, and move on. I would like to see him tweak his approach to drafting project O lineman, and address the O line with solid journeymen NFL quality veterans. They don't need to be studs, only solid.

But with the wildcard player personalities on this team, we need continued stability at the top. The GM and head coach are going nowhere thankfully. I do wish they'd be more open to upgrading the coaching staff.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
The line was bad but let's give JS a chance to fix it. You don't fire a good GM, you let him tinker to make it better.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
onepicknick":mr979oin said:
What the heck can't we just seem to get along

can-we-all-get-along-o.gif

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I may not post much but this thread should just be deleted.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3ko3gse1 said:
I usually don't call posts out for being ridiculous but this crossed the line.

Come on man.

This ^^^

Anyone calling for any change had better have a solid replacement in their post at least.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":16dpmjkv said:
I usually don't call posts out for being ridiculous but this crossed the line.

Come on man.

I second this ^^, Now I know where the terms "At a loss for words" & "Dumbstruck" comes from. :lol:

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
How long has Cable been the OL coach & exactly what has been his results?
The OL hasn't ever been even close to half assed good since Cable has been here, It's like he is untouchable because he is so great of a coach, but the results of his efforts are and have been unacceptable. Why give him a pass and blame everyone else? Sure the Super bowl appearances and division titles came under his watch, but IMO that success was in no way because of Cables good coaching but in spite of it.

If I had an employee that wasn't at least "average" in his abilities to do his job I would easily come to the conclusion that I need to replace that employee. CABLE HAS TO GO, because his coaching hasn't even been league average and things will not change until Cable is replaced by a more competent coach that can actually improve the OL's performance. The zone blocking crap that Cable is supposed to be a guru of isn't working out, is too much of a finesse style of play. If the team wants to be the bullies of the NFL again, IMO they need to load up on big, mean, nasty power scheme blockers and pound the heck out of the other team. They need to block the body, not fall on the ground trying to cut block below the knees and then watch the DT's, DE's & LB's fly by and disrupt the play or kill your QB.

Boycie

Reaction score
Lundy":398q80ei said:
It's time for our GM to have a good draft. It's been awhile. Less projects and more prospects.

I think what some people forget is that back in the early years of PC and JS, Pete had just come out of the college ranks and had a lot of knowledge when it came to making draft pick decisions. Pete has been away from the college game for a while now, and that coupled with the fact that we are not bottom feeders anymore getting good draft position, makes it a lot more difficult to hit on these picks like we have.

I think the other thing that people seem to forget is that the NFL has not been allowing as much clutch and grab for the DBs as it used to, and that is why we are seeing our LOB not being able to smother opponents like they did.

Too many coaches complained about how physical our DBs were, and the NFL listened. Look at how Browner used to man handle receivers at the line, we can't do that anymore.