TJack Won't Be Prosecuted

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2bcsxsyu said:
Tical21":2bcsxsyu said:
They cannot bring him back because of the stance they took trying to support their woman beating draftee. I don't like what I'm hearing about Boykin either. I haven't read anyone that has thought he looked impressive. Our backup QB will be cut in the next month.
Yeah, like you actually know anything concerning a rookie quarterback and not a bullshit no talent Minnesota quarterback. Give it time. Elite quarterbacks never have real backups... Jimmy Garofoio or that Syracuse quarterback nobody cares about anybody? Bueller... deal with it already. If you and certain others knew a quarter of what any of you thought you did you wouldn't be posting on a fan board you would be in the NFL coaching with or against the people you think aren't as smart or knowledgeable as you. At least in your own mind.

Only focusing on the comment about Boykin here and not the other stuff that really makes no sense at all (like saying Tical knows nothing about a player before you contradict your own inane statement about fans thinking they know a certain thing).. but Boykin is an extremely raw prospect with some nice things to build on, but by no means would you want that to be your #2 guy going into the season with an offensive line this poor and unexperienced as a unit.

This team needs a veteran QB and we will get one before the season starts. I don't think it's Tarvaris Jackson, I think they are waiting to see how other competitions play out (Buffalo with Cardale Jones/EJ Manuel, Cleveland with Cody Kessler/Josh McCown, etc).

I've said all along JS/Pete has had an eye on EJ Manuel all offseason. He would be a perfect backup to Russ given his low salary and comparable skillset (I say comparable in that he's athletic enough to run our offense .. not in that he's anything like Russ as an everyday QB). If Cardale Jones plays well in preseason, I think Buffalo will absolutely let him go for a 6th/7th round pick - one we'd get back anyway via a comp pick.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Tical, I don't think It's fair to categorize Tarvaris as a woman beater. He has never before been charged with that and this latest incident was dropped by the courts fairly quickly. Obviously he needs to have a sit-down with Pete and John, but I believe they'd come away from that fully confident in him.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":uf8m7tvj said:
chris98251":uf8m7tvj said:
MizzouHawkGal":uf8m7tvj said:
Tical21":uf8m7tvj said:
They cannot bring him back because of the stance they took trying to support their woman beating draftee. I don't like what I'm hearing about Boykin either. I haven't read anyone that has thought he looked impressive. Our backup QB will be cut in the next month.
Yeah, like you actually know anything concerning a rookie quarterback and not a bullshit no talent Minnesota quarterback. Give it time. Elite quarterbacks never have real backups... Jimmy Garofoio or that Syracuse quarterback nobody cares about anybody? Bueller... deal with it already.

We will have a functional back up, Pete is not going to be a one trick pony, he is not going to lose the team by having a lame duck season if Russell goes down, that's how bad blood starts, it's how players start to question the front office, it's how they question the will to win, it's how front offices lose trust and how GM's and Coaches lose their jobs.
We will but it won't be TJack, his time is done here for multiple reasons beyond my utter contempt of him not even counting the fact that he's a suck ass quarterback. I'm almost happy he made it easy to cut bait with no regrets. 7-9 with a team that was at least 11-5 level. Just disgusting.
He wasn't 7-9. He was 7-7. And that team was no great shakes with a green offensive line that took time to develop. He's been cleared by the courts, so as far as we know, the woman in question was threatening his kids and he reacted accordingly. He obviously would have to sit down with Pete and John and tell his side of the story. Compassion and not always doing what seems like the obvious on the surface has become a hallmark of this team and this front office. Our guys care about each other. Tarvaris is one of our guys and his skills -- he is 10 of 15 passing for 188 yards the last 3 years in mop-up roles -- and personality are needed in the locker room and on the sideline.[/quote]

If your going to correct someone it's not a bad idea to get the info right.

Whitehurst started 1 game that season against the Browns where Lynch didn't play and we lost 6 to 3, he also came into a game we were trailing against the Giants when Jackson was injured and came from behind to win. I think 6-8 is more accurate and would probably be 6-9 if Whitehurst doesn't pull out the Giants win, unless your giving credit for a win in a game he left trailing. That win IMO goes to Whitehurst.

I'm with most here in that I believe it's time to move on but I was never one of the folks that thought he was a great back up. He was good in the locker room but poor on the field. I really think there has to be a better option.

Tical21

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":zegowj9k said:
Tical, I don't think It's fair to categorize Tarvaris as a woman beater. He has never before been charged with that and this latest incident was dropped by the courts fairly quickly. Obviously he needs to have a sit-down with Pete and John, but I believe they'd come away from that fully confident in him.
He pointed a gun at his wife and admitted telling her he would shoot her. But a sit-down with Pete and John will make everything all better.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Charlie started against both Cleveland and Cincinnati in 2011, going 0-2. Thus Tarvaris was 7-7.
Only the wife's version said he pointed the gun at her. He and his friend both said it was in the backpack. And a sit-down with Pete and John is way relevant to how these decisions are made, especially with a veteran they've likely come to know well.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I trust in whomever Pete & John find to fill the Vet backup QB spot, their track record shows that they are pretty good at finding talent.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
When the season starts, Boykin will have more experience in our system than any veteran QB they could bring in other than TJ. I think they're just going to go with Boykin as the backup.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2b8mwbf6 said:
When the season starts, Boykin will have more experience in our system than any veteran QB they could bring in other than TJ. I think they're just going to go with Boykin as the backup.

System is one thing, competence as an NFL-caliber QB is another. Hopefully in the preseason games the kid gives us mini "Russell" flashbacks from 2012. If not, waiver wire or Tjack we come!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Seafan":hoew21jn said:
He could now be considered a taxi squad candidate. Midseason emergency call up.

This.

This last incident probably chased other teams away from him, so if we need him, he'll be here.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":jiywpna6 said:
Charlie started against both Cleveland and Cincinnati in 2011, going 0-2. Thus Tarvaris was 7-7.
Only the wife's version said he pointed the gun at her. He and his friend both said it was in the backpack. And a sit-down with Pete and John is way relevant to how these decisions are made, especially with a veteran they've likely come to know well.

Jackson threw 40 passes against the Bengals. Whitehurst threw 7 passes and left trailing 10-3 and Jackson played the rest of the game ending something like 38-12.

So again, who earned the L? Have to go with Jackson.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":32tmrq6s said:
Siouxhawk":32tmrq6s said:

Jackson threw 40 passes against the Bengals. Whitehurst threw 7 passes and left trailing 10-3 and Jackson played the rest of the game ending something like 38-12.

So again, who earned the L? Have to go with Jackson.
Yeah, Clipboard was pulled because he sucked. Tarvaris threw for over 300 yards in that game in a relief role -- 2 weeks after suffering the torn pec. Official stats in the NFL awards wins and losses purely to the QB who starts the game anyhow. But that's 5 years ago. We're talking now about his role as a backup and I'm pretty sure Pete and John are discussing bringing him back.

dogorama

Reaction score
Tavaris has been someone we felt comfortable w/at backup. No, he isn't a great QB but he is a capable game manager.

As for the allegations against him, I would never support someone who is a domestic abuser. Having said that, the only real evidence that exists is that he said that he should have shot her for pulling a knife on him. I would suggest that anytime someone comes at you w/a knife you should shoot them. Charges have been dropped against him suggesting that this is a he-said she-said situation. I don't think it is fair to always assume that the man is at fault, particularly when it is a black professional athlete.