TMZ: Arrest Warrant Issued Quinton Dunbar - Armed Robbery

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Personally I don't care if he is guilty or not.

But the recanting of the statements, whether coerced or paid or simply someone realizing that they were going to be exposed if they continued their charade, makes it clear that it is just as likely he walks as there is a conviction. If not more likely that he is found not guilty at this point.

So, it looks like we might still have an effective corner for the season. That appears to be good news.

Still, maybe everyone should avoid wearing expensive watches around him...just in case.

Nunya

Reaction score
Myself, I'm going to wait until the actual facts are in before I start labeling Dunbar "dumb", "stupid", "a waste", "a mistake", or any other adjective.

One thing I do know. It seems that the original story provided to the public is not consistent or clear about his involvement.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Nunya":2ugc6xxc said:
Myself, I'm going to wait until the actual facts are in before I start labeling Dunbar "dumb", "stupid", "a waste", "a mistake", or any other adjective.

One thing I do know. It seems that the original story provided to the public is not consistent or clear about his involvement.

Well he was definitely dumb for being at a party with guns and all the other nonsense that was going on. So I don't need to wait for any evidence to call Dunbar dumb, or stupid for being in a place he shouldn't have.

All the legal/witness facts? Yes, I shall wait for that before passing full judgement. But for being at that party? No, he was dumb. Case closed on that.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Certainly, the off-field judgment is in question.

He either got into a high stakes card game with people he did not know or could not trust

OR

Cooperated in an attempt to rob people he knew

It should also be mentioned that you never should gamble money you are not prepared to lose. Or put yourself in a position to lose more than you are prepared to lose.

He certainly did not make wise decisions. I don't think that can be disputed easily. But as more information comes out, it feels like the chances of him actually playing corner for us increases. So it isn't as bad as it seemed earlier.

And admittedly, the initial reports on this were hilarious. I laughed so hard I was crying.

AND

Karma for him ignoring the whole 'social distancing' thing, whether he is found guilty or not.

TAB420

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":5ph3d0gg said:
Nunya":5ph3d0gg said:

Well he was definitely dumb for being at a party with guns and all the other nonsense that was going on. So I don't need to wait for any evidence to call Dunbar dumb, or stupid for being in a place he shouldn't have.

All the legal/witness facts? Yes, I shall wait for that before passing full judgement. But for being at that party? No, he was dumb. Case closed on that.
The only gun that was mentioned (that I know of) was Baker's. And, he was carrying legal.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TAB420":1tikmwy9 said:
Sgt. Largent":1tikmwy9 said:
Nunya":1tikmwy9 said:

The only gun that was mentioned (that I know of) was Baker's. And, he was carrying legal.

If Dunbar was your client, or son.............would you say it was a good idea for him to go to either of those parties to gamble (illegally), with a friend (or possibly two) with guns?

I always like how we treat strangers differently than we'd treat our own kids. "Oh MY kid? Yeah, totally dumb to do that. Other people's kids? Well..........let's get all the facts first."

No. Dumb is dumb.

TAB420

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":cfh1dp8j said:
TAB420":cfh1dp8j said:
Sgt. Largent":cfh1dp8j said:
Nunya":cfh1dp8j said:

If Dunbar was your client, or son.............would you say it was a good idea for him to go to either of those parties to gamble (illegally), with a friend (or possibly two) with guns?

I always like how we treat strangers differently than we'd treat our own kids. "Oh MY kid? Yeah, totally dumb to do that. Other people's kids? Well..........let's get all the facts first."

No. Dumb is dumb.
Again...this wasn't about kids, it was about grown men. And one (only one from what I heard) was carrying a gun, legally. My son carrys legally. I would have no problem with my son hanging out with people who carry legally, in fact, he does. I also know that if you have you CCW that means that you have a pretty clean record and acting stupid will cost you your CCW.

Nunya

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3qh3muz0 said:
TAB420":3qh3muz0 said:
Sgt. Largent":3qh3muz0 said:
Nunya":3qh3muz0 said:

No. Dumb is dumb.

I don't know about you, but I have been to "poker parties" and there have been guns in the house. Heck, maybe someone was even carrying concealed. There were even people at some of these parties that I did not know. While the "poker parties" I have been to normally involved the normal couch change, dropping $70,000 when you are making millions a year is pretty much the same.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Nunya":3du06gsr said:
Sgt. Largent":3du06gsr said:
TAB420":3du06gsr said:
Sgt. Largent":3du06gsr said:

No. Dumb is dumb.

I don't know about you, but I have been to "poker parties" and there have been guns in the house. Heck, maybe someone was even carrying concealed. There were even people at some of these parties that I did not know. While the "poker parties" I have been to normally involved the normal couch change, dropping $70,000 when you are making millions a year is pretty much the same.

You aren't answering my question. If Dunbar was your son, an NFL football player with an opportunity to set him and his family up for their entire lives, and a representative of his family, team and community.........would you say it's smart, or dumb to go to parties where there's gambling and guns, legal or not?

There is no scenario where Dunbar didn't do a dumb thing. As evidence by him being arrested and now possibly convicted of very serious crimes jeopardizing his livelihood and career. Because that's what happens when you go to parties where there's guns and gambling. Dumb things.

TAB420

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ullv4rq said:
Nunya":1ullv4rq said:
Sgt. Largent":1ullv4rq said:
TAB420":1ullv4rq said:

No. Dumb is dumb.

You aren't answering my question. If Dunbar was your son, an NFL football player with an opportunity to set him and his family up for their entire lives, and a representative of his family, team and community.........would you say it's smart, or dumb to go to parties where there's gambling and guns, legal or not?

There is no scenario where Dunbar didn't do a dumb thing. As evidence by him being arrested and now possibly convicted of very serious crimes jeopardizing his livelihood and career. Because that's what happens when you go to parties where there's guns and gambling. Dumb things.

"Because that's what happens when you go to parties where there's guns and gambling. Dumb things." I have been playing poker for 20 years. I have carried(as well as other there) to every game I went to. There has never been a situation where a gun is pulled, or even shown. I will hold my opinion on Dunbar being dumb, until I know the facts. I don't however feel (just my opinion) that showing up to a poker game armed legally, makes you stupid.

Nunya

Reaction score
TAB420":3a1v5drs said:
Sgt. Largent":3a1v5drs said:
Nunya":3a1v5drs said:
Sgt. Largent":3a1v5drs said:

No. Dumb is dumb.

"Because that's what happens when you go to parties where there's guns and gambling. Dumb things." I have been playing poker for 20 years. I have carried(as well as other there) to every game I went to. There has never been a situation where a gun is pulled, or even shown. I will hold my opinion on Dunbar being dumb, until I know the facts. I don't however feel (just my opinion) that showing up to a poker game armed legally, makes you stupid.

^^what he said^^

morgulon1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":11vkoqnz said:
Nunya":11vkoqnz said:
Sgt. Largent":11vkoqnz said:
TAB420":11vkoqnz said:

No. Dumb is dumb.

I personally believe in the 2nd amendment but I have to agree with the above post. Dude quite possibly put himself in a very bad situation when he has so much riding on this season and the seasons moving forward. Let us suppose he is cleared of all charges, does this change the way a potential team interested in his services looks at him?
Maybe...maybe not but I just dont see it being worth the hassle and worst case 25-50 years in prison.

I bet Dunbar wishes he had stayed home .

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He's going to wish he stayed home.

Here is what is likely to happen:

Dunbar will be found innocent or the case will be dismissed.

He is still suspended for a significant part of the season.

It looks like the legal case against him is much less a threat now. But I don't see much chance he plays for us for a full season. Not even sure the majority of the season is that likely at this point, whether innocent, dismissed, or whatever.

TAB420

Reaction score
How do we even know that Dunbar knew Baker was carrying? I bet most of my friends have no idea. Baker had his concealed permit, that means his weapon was...anyone, concealed.

chris98251

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3mgalyeq said:

It looks like the legal case against him is much less a threat now. But I don't see much chance he plays for us for a full season. Not even sure the majority of the season is that likely at this point, whether innocent, dismissed, or whatever.

Suspended for what ? Being at a party, even if it wasn't a smart move he did nothing wrong.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There was a recent tweet on this.

The term is credible evidence.

Good article on this here:
https://www.bigblueview.com/2020/5/18/2 ... -ny-giants

And Here (Paywall warning)
https://theathletic.com/1698099/2020/03 ... unchanged/

Again look up some of Daniel Wallach's recent statements on Twitter about this.

Essentially, they are not even bound by the 'preponderance of the evidence' but instead just 'credible evidence'. Which is so loosely defined that it could be problematic for us and Dunbar.

Rat

Reaction score
chris98251":q25lbowb said:
TwistedHusky":q25lbowb said:

Suspended for what ? Being at a party, even if it wasn't a smart move he did nothing wrong.
In Roger Goodell’s NFL, that doesn’t matter.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rat":3kb7a1g7 said:
chris98251":3kb7a1g7 said:
TwistedHusky":3kb7a1g7 said:

Well if he screws the pooch on this one he will be crucified in public opinion court.

But

We have a problem with Goodell, the Giants are his favorite team, the Seahawks are his or one of his most disliked teams, have to remember the Shockey game and the whole pumped in noise investigation under his initial taking the Commissioner mantel.

He can't hamstring the Seahawks and not the Giants.

TAB420

Reaction score
chris98251":1gxh87ak said:
Rat":1gxh87ak said:
chris98251":1gxh87ak said:
TwistedHusky":1gxh87ak said:

Well if he screws the pooch on this one he will be crucified in public opinion court.

But

We have a problem with Goodell, the Giants are his favorite team, the Seahawks are his or one of his most disliked teams, have to remember the Shockey game and the whole pumped in noise investigation under his initial taking the Commissioner mantel.

He can't hamstring the Seahawks and not the Giants.

Especially when it sounds like Dunbar was the least involved of the two.

Latest posts