TMZ: Arrest Warrant Issued Quinton Dunbar - Armed Robbery

Reaction score
The way I see it, its never good for the state if your witnesses change or recant their stories. Should the case go to trial, they'll be ripped apart on cross. I doubt that the charges will stick but the whole story still seems quite murky. That said, knowing Goodell, he'll be suspended for a few games to start the year.

Who knows, maybe he goes on to play decently well and this whole ordeal makes it easier to re-sign him. That could be important with both him and Griffin in contract years.

rcaido

Reaction score
i think as long as you don't do weed & or hit women, Dunbar will be ok...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly what Rat said ^^
GODdell will do what he wants, doesn't matter if Dunbar has the case dismissed. Players getting suspensions w/out being arrested is pretty common.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":22br4wds said:
Nunya":22br4wds said:
Myself, I'm going to wait until the actual facts are in before I start labeling Dunbar "dumb", "stupid", "a waste", "a mistake", or any other adjective.

One thing I do know. It seems that the original story provided to the public is not consistent or clear about his involvement.

Well he was definitely dumb for being at a party with guns and all the other nonsense that was going on. So I don't need to wait for any evidence to call Dunbar dumb, or stupid for being in a place he shouldn't have.

All the legal/witness facts? Yes, I shall wait for that before passing full judgement. But for being at that party? No, he was dumb. Case closed on that.
Um..yeah....Maybe Pete & John should be looking in Church groups or Monastery's for their players? :rofl:

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
The days of players being suspended for criminal cases that don't result in convictions are probably over.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":374m3ie1 said:
The days of players being suspended for criminal cases that don't result in convictions are probably over.

Well good imo if it's true. But what are you basing it off of?

jmahon316

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3kspv3g3 said:

That's how it should be, right?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
It should be that way to start and I think it will start being that way because of the current BLM stuff going on.

flv

Reaction score
Off-topic but i'm still waiting for the Robert Kraft suspension.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
TAB420":18d93fo6 said:
"Because that's what happens when you go to parties where there's guns and gambling. Dumb things." I have been playing poker for 20 years. I have carried(as well as other there) to every game I went to. There has never been a situation where a gun is pulled, or even shown. I will hold my opinion on Dunbar being dumb, until I know the facts. I don't however feel (just my opinion) that showing up to a poker game armed legally, makes you stupid.

I'm pretty sure it does. Gambling in and of itself is pretty stupid. And if you are playing poker with people unsavory enough that you feel the need to pack heat, that further sullies your judgement.

If stupidity is determined by risk:reward ratios, going to a poker game locked and loaded is pretty high risk with low chance of reward. Especially if you throw some alcohol into the mix.

The smartest people maximize low risk/high reward opportunities. Most average people live in the low risk/ low reward world. And the crazies and stupids work on the high risk/ high reward or high risk/ low reward side of the ratios.

ivotuk

Reaction score
[youtube]lP5Xv7QqXiM[/youtube]

"I was gambling in Havana!

I took a little risk!

Send Lawyers Guns and Money!

Dad get me out of this!

I'm the innocent bystander

Somehow I got stuck

Between the rock and the hard place

And I'm down on my luck"

TAB420

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2byknczt said:
TAB420":2byknczt said:
"Because that's what happens when you go to parties where there's guns and gambling. Dumb things." I have been playing poker for 20 years. I have carried(as well as other there) to every game I went to. There has never been a situation where a gun is pulled, or even shown. I will hold my opinion on Dunbar being dumb, until I know the facts. I don't however feel (just my opinion) that showing up to a poker game armed legally, makes you stupid.

I'm pretty sure it does. Gambling in and of itself is pretty stupid. And if you are playing poker with people unsavory enough that you feel the need to pack heat, that further sullies your judgement.

If stupidity is determined by risk:reward ratios, going to a poker game locked and loaded is pretty high risk with low chance of reward. Especially if you throw some alcohol into the mix.

The smartest people maximize low risk/high reward opportunities. Most average people live in the low risk/ low reward world. And the crazies and stupids work on the high risk/ high reward or high risk/ low reward side of the ratios.

I live in a open carry state that see's very little gun violence although everyone carries. To suggest that he was carrying because he was around unsavory people, is an assumption. Dude had his concealed permit and his gun was legally registered. That tells me that he didn't go into this thinking he was going to use his gun in a criminal manner, he could have easy bought a throwaway if that was the case. My opinion when it comes to my personal carry is this. Better to have and not need, than to need and not have, just my opinion.

hawk45

Reaction score
TAB420":2dw1nqdv said:
Mad Dog":2dw1nqdv said:
TAB420":2dw1nqdv said:

I live in a open carry state that see's very little gun violence although everyone carries. To suggest that he was carrying because he was around unsavory people, is an assumption. Dude had his concealed permit and his gun was legally registered. That tells me that he didn't go into this thinking he was going to use his gun in a criminal manner, he could have easy bought a throwaway if that was the case. My opinion when it comes to my personal carry is this. Better to have and not need, than to need and not have, just my opinion.
I carry every day, but would never do so at a party with gambling and drinking, and I don’t accept any responsible gun owner would. If you accept the responsibility of carrying you accept that a situation which might be otherwise a fistfight turns lethal. Carry at a party with alcohol and you’re absolutely being irresponsible at the least. If you are dumb enough to do that your responsibility in the event of a conflict is to sprint away from it at best speed.

Carrying should be treated as a privilege, and one should go far out of their way to not let others bear any risks because of it, lest it be revoked by citizens who rightly question whether that privilege should exist at all if gun owners can’t be trusted to act with utmost discipline.

Just my humble opinion. Firearms and alcohol are not acceptable.

TAB420

Reaction score
hawk45":1dxyqrsl said:
TAB420":1dxyqrsl said:
Mad Dog":1dxyqrsl said:
TAB420":1dxyqrsl said:

I carry every day, but would never do so at a party with gambling and drinking, and I don’t accept any responsible gun owner would. If you accept the responsibility of carrying you accept that a situation which might be otherwise a fistfight turns lethal. Carry at a party with alcohol and you’re absolutely being irresponsible at the least. If you are dumb enough to do that your responsibility in the event of a conflict is to sprint away from it at best speed.

Carrying should be treated as a privilege, and one should go far out of their way to not let others bear any risks because of it, lest it be revoked by citizens who rightly question whether that privilege should exist at all if gun owners can’t be trusted to act with utmost discipline.

I could careless what anyone thinks or what anyone's humble opinion is. But, I also will not call other's irresponsible because their beliefs are different than mine. At the end of the day the choices I make are on me and I choose to carry everywhere. I don't let the situation or the people dictate my ability to protect myself or my family. That being said, if you can't control yourself around alcohol or shady people (which sounds like your case) then don't carry. I was a peace officer for many years so I'm sure I look at things a little different than most.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I've been a hunter and guide all of my life. My biggest issue was always some client that thought they need a 44 Magnum. My little .243 Winchester has 4 times the muzzle velocity, and 3 times the muzzle energy of a 44 Magnum. So if you're looking for protection in the woods, carry a short barrelled rifle.

If you're bow hunting and need a back up weapon, carry a .454. Casull. That's what I used on my Kodiak hunt.

But if you're carrying in public, you also carry the responsibility of not making the average citizen nervous, and the responsibility to other's who have a CCW to not make life difficult on us by stirring shit up.

Carrying a gun should be viewed as a privilege, only allowed after training on how to be safe around one. Too many innocent family members get injured or killed by ignorant gun owners. Do any of you want that to reflect on your ability to carry?

I don't.

I view carrying to a party with alcohol as a dangerous decision. Nobody makes good decisions when they are drinking or high. Which is why we don't allow them to operate the ultimate weapon while drunk or high, the automobile. Look at how many innocent people that thing has killed.

As to these guys, I can't really be judgemental either direction as we don't have all the facts yet, but I think it was a poor decision.

TAB420

Reaction score
ivotuk":2l9hghqw said:
I've been a hunter and guide all of my life. My biggest issue was always some client that thought they need a 44 Magnum. My little .243 Winchester has 4 times the muzzle velocity, and 3 times the muzzle energy of a 44 Magnum. So if you're looking for protection in the woods, carry a short barrelled rifle.

If you're bow hunting and need a back up weapon, carry a .454. Casull. That's what I used on my Kodiak hunt.

But if you're carrying in public, you also carry the responsibility of not making the average citizen nervous, and the responsibility to other's who have a CCW to not make life difficult on us by stirring $h!t up.

Carrying a gun should be viewed as a privilege, only allowed after training on how to be safe around one. Too many innocent family members get injured or killed by ignorant gun owners. Do any of you want that to reflect on your ability to carry?

I don't.

I view carrying to a party with alcohol as a dangerous decision. Nobody makes good decisions when they are drinking or high. Which is why we don't allow them to operate the ultimate weapon while drunk or high, the automobile. Look at how many innocent people that thing has killed.

As to these guys, I can't really be judgemental either direction as we don't have all the facts yet, but I think it was a poor decision.
I don't drink so I never carry drunk or high. I care more about protecting my family than making other's feel nervous, although, no one see's that i'm carrying. I live in an open carry state (no one get's nervous). And lastly, carrying (in my opinion, and the constitution) is a right, not a privilege.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
TAB420":16snmvtc said:
ivotuk":16snmvtc said:

But if you're carrying in public, you also carry the responsibility of not making the average citizen nervous, and the responsibility to other's who have a CCW to not make life difficult on us by stirring $h!t up.

I don't.

I don't drink so I never carry drunk or high. I care more about protecting my family than making other's feel nervous, although, no one see's that i'm carrying. I live in an open carry state (no one get's nervous). And lastly, carrying (in my opinion, and the constitution) is a right, not a privilege.

The minute the second amendment is a "privelege" instead of a "right" is the second it disappears as both. I have had a CCW for over 20 years and rarely carry but like to have the option and the ability to not have to wait to buy a gun.

People who carry have another option in any situation that those that don't carry do. It has been used for good purposes and bad purposes. Freedom does not make you free from the risk of other people using their freedom in a way that negatively impacts you and others.

Going to an illegal gambling party late into the night with drugs and alcohol and a gun is a high risk situation. Add to the fact that games could easily be rigged and that drunk and high people make poor gambling decisions AND that their inhibition against violence is likely lessened and that they are young, in a sport that values aggressiveness and violence, and on average have probably had several diagnosed and undiagnosed brain injuries over their entire playing time and, well, what could go wrong?

My personal read is that they were were drunk or high, lost a lot of money, justified it as the gambling was rigged and set out to right their wrongs. It is likely not normal behavior for them and will never happen again and ultimately they will walk because of proactive attorneys that muddied the waters.

hawk45

Reaction score
TAB420":3tofxp91 said:
hawk45":3tofxp91 said:
TAB420":3tofxp91 said:
Mad Dog":3tofxp91 said:

I could careless what anyone thinks or what anyone's humble opinion is. But, I also will not call other's irresponsible because their beliefs are different than mine. At the end of the day the choices I make are on me and I choose to carry everywhere. I don't let the situation or the people dictate my ability to protect myself or my family. That being said, if you can't control yourself around alcohol or shady people (which sounds like your case) then don't carry. I was a peace officer for many years so I'm sure I look at things a little different than most.

Partying around alcohol and shady people with a firearm is irresponsible, full stop. Whether I can control myself or not is beside the point; at such a party I would have other drunk people to contend with. Since I cannot control the actions of others, I choose not to assume the risk. Because my family won't do well if a stranger decides to engage me, and a weapon becomes involved. You do that, and you place your family in jeopardy you could have easily avoided. You'll not find a more staunch 2A advocate than myself, but responsible gun owners practice situational awareness.

Latest posts