Tony Moeaki signed..?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":2rbhqvs0 said:
From Rotoworld
" The Seahawks have been receiving very little from their tight ends since losing Zach Miller to an ankle injury. Still only 27, Moeaki offers upside, but near-constant durability woes".

Make of it what you will, but sounds fragile to me.

It's pretty much why he is available. A talent when healthy, but bitten by the injury bug a few too many times for many teams.

Largent80

Reaction score
He got an injury settlement. Obviously he is healthy if he had a good workout with the Hawks, enough for them to sign him.

Why speculate about cutting/releasing Willson, that does NOT make sense. I saw him make several good blocks on Sunday as well.

Ozzy

Reaction score
We would be a huge upgrade when healthy and if he is in shape IMO. Excited to see what he can do.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Unless Miller had a significant set back, there's no way he goes on IR. His timetable was 6 weeks, and he should be nearing coming back in the next 2.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Finally a TE that can catch and block (ala Miller). I remember him from his days with the Chiefs.

pehawk

Reaction score
I don't like that CANHawk's head will be now all bloated for breaking this news. He'll think he's the John Clayton of Canada. When really, the only thing he has in common with John Clayton is that's who his wife thinks of at "night" with CAN.

XOXO

Ed Werder

hawkfan68

Reaction score
kidhawk":1wm8x19q said:
drdiags":1wm8x19q said:
Yeah, just posted this in the injury thread. I think this means Z Miller may be headed to IR. Either that or they cut one of the 3 TEs and hope to get Zach late. I just don't think so. Hope I am wrong. The team needs the Z-Man, well the one that plays for the Seahawks, not the one that posts here at .NET.

I was already thinking Miller might go to IR to make room for Lane. This signing would mean we need to make yet another roster move. Going to be an interesting week.

When Lane comes back there's no need for Parks or Terrell. They also have Pinkins on the active roster per .com. One or all three could be likely cut.

2_0_6

Reaction score
lukerguy":1fl64naw said:
Unless Miller had a significant set back, there's no way he goes on IR. His timetable was 6 weeks, and he should be nearing coming back in the next 2.

I thought when first reported his timetable was 3-4 weeks?

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
He looked really promising his rookie year, looked ok his 3rd year. But he's spent his other 2 seasons on IR, and failed to make the Bills roster this season.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":h9ih4pyx said:
I don't think Zach is going to IR.. but I wonder if Willson is about to be released.
Helfet would be released before Willson. Helfet can't block. Neither can Willson but he's better at that than Helfet. Neither are that good at receiving. Just my opinion.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
lukerguy":3jul5vv3 said:

I hope you're right.

Largent80

Reaction score
The Hawks are not going to release ANY TE's. Why would they go get one?

It simply tells me that they want back up. Just in case Miller can't make it back. Someone else will be a casualty which has already been pointed out.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Bunch of pages today stating team worked Moeaki out, but haven't found any confirmation he has been signed yet. Hope his scapula healed properly and he's healthy if they do sign him.

King Dog

Reaction score
lsheldon":2748v4gr said:
Bunch of pages today stating team worked Moeaki out, but haven't found any confirmation he has been signed yet. Hope his scapula healed properly and he's healthy if they do sign him.

Moeaki's sisters, brother tweeted congrats on being signed by the Hawks, so there's that.

I love this signing if true. Can't hurt, might help.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/unga45/status/529723172233289728[/tweet]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":1z3xoso0 said:
The Hawks are not going to release ANY TE's. Why would they go get one?

It simply tells me that they want back up. Just in case Miller can't make it back. Someone else will be a casualty which has already been pointed out.

You don't usually carry 4 TE's on a roster. So logic would dictate someone's getting cut or someone's going on the IR.

If I had to guess, Miller's injury isn't getting better and he's going on the IR.

MOCHawk

Reaction score
When healthy, he's legit. Hope he's healthy and smart enough to pick things up really, really fast.

lsheldon

Reaction score
King Dog":gufg7zfl said:
lsheldon":gufg7zfl said:

Moeaki's sisters, brother tweeted congrats on being signed by the Hawks, so there's that.

I love this signing if true. Can't hurt, might help.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/unga45/status/529723172233289728[/tweet]

Yeah, as long as his sister and brother aren't confusing a workout with being signed to the team.