Tony Moeaki signed..?

Jville

Reaction score
Yes ...... I see that now.

Makes sense that he is holding down Lane's roster spot.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Great signing. Low risk, high reward.

I'm not sure if anyone else saw this, but Moeaki was ineligible to sign with anyone else until now because he took an injury settlement on his release from Buffalo. There is a minimum 6 week wait time before re-signing.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1zcs54ww said:
I don't think Zach is going to IR.. but I wonder if Willson is about to be released.

C'mon man, let's get real, cutting as SPARQy a player as Willson in his 2nd season?

Doubtful!

OP
OP
CANHawk

CANHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":2ogprhdi said:
I don't like that CANHawk's head will be now all bloated for breaking this news. He'll think he's the John Clayton of Canada. When really, the only thing he has in common with John Clayton is that's who his wife thinks of at "night" with CAN.

XOXO

Ed Werder
I'm more like the Canadian Terry Bradshaw; clearly have some kind of head injury and randomly soil myself, but seems to have a good time nonetheless...

Nope, just regurgitated something I read on Twitter. If anything that makes me the Canadian Mike Florio.

endzorn

Reaction score
I'm a fan. I remember watching his combine workout and he looked like a very natural pass catcher. Of course that doesn't really mean squat, but I'm proud of myself for remembering that workout.

olyfan63

Reaction score
DJ_CJ":20ku1wi4 said:
As Iowa guy I LOVE this, but an injury plagued career. Come on Tony!!

The James Carpenter of Tight Ends?
Jesse Williams maybe?

Oh yeah...the *Walter Thurmond* of Tight Ends!

I'd take that... we did get a couple good seasons out of Thurmond's 4 years here.
We just need to have the good luck to catch this guy during his healthy time.

I CANNOT IMAGINE that we would IR Zach Miller.

How the 'Hawks feel about getting Zach Miller back for any part of this season, no matter the odds:
To quote Jim Carrey, in Dumb and Dumber, "...so you're telling me there's a chance??!! YEAHHH!!!"
[youtube]KX5jNnDMfxA[/youtube]

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Along with Moeaki the team acquired an exceptional college returner/WR in Jalen Saunders. There are a few game tapes of him playing over at fieldgulls.com worth watching to assess, seems to me he will need to work on improving his strength and how he holds the ball b/c it seems to get knocked out a bit b/c of his small size, 5'9" 165. If Saunders does develop he could be a steal like Moeaki.

Chawks1

Reaction score
jammerhawk":lcvwbak6 said:
Along with Moeaki the team acquired an exceptional college returner/WR in Jalen Saunders. There are a few game tapes of him playing over at fieldgulls.com worth watching to assess, seems to me he will need to work on improving his strength and how he holds the ball b/c it seems to get knocked out a bit b/c of his small size, 5'9" 165. If Saunders does develop he could be a steal like Moeaki.

From Rotoworld on Jalen Saunders:

The No. 104 overall selection of May's draft, Saunders goes down as an utterly wasted pick for a team with depth issues on both sides of the ball. Saunders, who missed a big chunk of the preseason after suffering a seizure, fell out of favor after muffing a punt in Week 3.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Big fan of this signing. Moeaki could be what we've been missing from the tight end spot: an all around big man with blocking and good hands.

Should be helpful in the red zone

OP
OP
CANHawk

CANHawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1ynk2wgb said:
Big fan of this signing. Moeaki could be what we've been missing from the tight end spot: an all around big man with blocking and good hands.

Should be helpful in the red zone
He seems to have a similar toolbox to Zack. Hope he can fill in for the man while he's banged up.

King Dog

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2tie4qqm said:

At the combine he ran a 4.41. With a buzz cut, I'm guessing he's in the 4.3's though.

77fFqN3

Chawks1

Reaction score
^^^ I get confused is he Kid or Play?

ATTACH]

Seanhawk

Reaction score
King Dog":24oty7h0 said:
jammerhawk":24oty7h0 said:

At the combine he ran a 4.41. With a buzz cut, I'm guessing he's in the 4.3's though.

77fFqN3

Yeah, but he's 6'3" with the do and we need a big receiver in the red zone.