TRADE ALERT!!! Leonard Williams to the Seahawks!

SNDavidson

Reaction score
We will simply adjust and score in different ways, and Geno is due to get going, he's too talented, and too smart, Browns have a nice team and their man concepts got him here and there hence the wtf throws. Good news, he saw it, we didn't lose, he should improve.

orca

Reaction score
I like the trade. And regarding that next QB to groom behind Geno? We'll draft him next year with that 3rd round pick we've received from Denver! You read it here first ;)

renofox

Reaction score
Well...the hawks were 3-5 in red zone yesterday. That is an improvement. He is also starting to jive with JSN...which I think will be huge going forward. IMO, he has to stop pressing to DK. The running game has more to do with play calling IMO. AND, if they can get screens dialed in, it will help take pressure off Geno on pass plays.

A top 5 D > Top 5 O. Our O has shown it can put points on the board against some very good defenses. They can improve...but I think this capital was better spent bolstering the D in the greatest area of need.
They were really 3/4 in the redzone. The 5th 'trip' to the redzone was the kneeldown at the end of the game.

Other than all the redzone throws to Metcalf, Geno was outstanding in the redzone against the Browns.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
They were really 3/4 in the redzone. The 5th 'trip' to the redzone was the kneeldown at the end of the game.

Other than all the redzone throws to Metcalf, Geno was outstanding in the redzone against the Browns.
Fair enough...I hadn't realized the 5th trip was RZ. 75%, not too shabby.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I know he plays for the Ravens now -

"Clowney, last week, signed a one-year deal with the Ravens for up to $2.5 million."

Found that - but that doesn't seem like ALOT - how much did he want from us?

After 2019, when he showed that he could wreck games? He wanted the going rate for edge rushers, which was in the high teens to low twenties (of millions of dollars per year). He ended up not finding the market he expected, in part because of pandemic-related difficulties, and only signed a one-year, $13M deal with the Titans right as the 2020 season was starting. That was less than he had been hoping to get. I don't remember what the rumors about the Seahawks' final offer were.
His deals with the Browns in 2021 and 2022 were for $8M and $10M, respectively.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
but he has 9 total TD's, Mahomy has 15, Tua has 18 and Jalen Hurts is not someone I want to model success after. Geno is this decades Tjack.

So the alternative is to not go for it when you're 5-2 and leading your division cause you don't think your QB is your franchise QB?

Again, that's a defeatist attitude. As we're seeing this year, Geno's a more than adequate QB when you can build an elite defense and run game around him.

Adding a nice complimentary DT who can come in and ball out is a no brainer for me. Especially when the Giants are paying 90% of his salary this year.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
So the alternative is to not go for it when you're 5-2 and leading your division cause you don't think your QB is your franchise QB?

Again, that's a defeatist attitude. As we're seeing this year, Geno's a more than adequate QB when you can build an elite defense and run game around him.

Adding a nice complimentary DT who can come in and ball out is a no brainer for me. Especially when the Giants are paying 90% of his salary this year.
Oh no! I'm totally in favor of this move!! JS and PC believe that they have a killer set of DB's and they are an effective pass rush away from a top 10 defense. Maybe top 5. I love this move. I just think Geno is not the future.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score

And what has been said already...the 2 looks to be more of a low 3 and the 5 is 2025...maybe worth a 7th in today's $$.

Plus...the hawks become front runners to re-sign him if he plays well. JS has a knack of finding ways to keep players that fit the system.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score

This is what I expected to see a deep discussion on here. Other than his textbook perfect block on the JSN screen and a few catches, DK played absolutely terrible yesterday. He's never at the right spot. That led to an interception and a stalled red zone trip. If DK is at the correct place at the back of the end zone where Geno clearly expected him to be and dropped a dime Seattle goes up 21-0. Instead the dime bounced harmlessly on the turf.

If he runs his route completely then that interception never happens.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Or the former guy, or Adams, or DK, or Firing Pete, or Bobby is slow, or Brooks is average, or I hate that draft pick or.......

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I like it. I know it's a bit costly for just a rental, considering the last couple of drafts you could get a pretty good player in the 2nd round that could help for a few years on the cheap. Hopefully he can wheel and deal to get us that 2nd back before then.
But overall I like it, add some meat up front. Now let's get that offense clicking and make a deep run.

warden

Reaction score
This is what I expected to see a deep discussion on here. Other than his textbook perfect block on the JSN screen and a few catches, DK played absolutely terrible yesterday. He's never at the right spot. That led to an interception and a stalled red zone trip. If DK is at the correct place at the back of the end zone where Geno clearly expected him to be and dropped a dime Seattle goes up 21-0. Instead the dime bounced harmlessly on the turf.

If he runs his route completely then that interception never happens.
According to Pete Carrol, DK was very sick yesterday. On Saturday night he had to leave the team meetings to throw up.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Oh no! I'm totally in favor of this move!! JS and PC believe that they have a killer set of DB's and they are an effective pass rush away from a top 10 defense. Maybe top 5. I love this move. I just think Geno is not the future.

I don't think anyone other than Geno thinks he's the future, including Pete and John. Thus the team friendly contract with an out next year.

But the notion that because Geno might not be the future = why bother trading for good players is a head scratcher.

I know you didn't say this, but WAY too many people on here are. Like it's some perfect black and white world where you're either the SB frontrunner, or garbage.

5-2 means this team has a very real chance to win the division if they can get through the next 5 games at .500 or above. Which I understand is a tall task, this stretch is brutal. But NOW is the time to go get a Leonard Williams to help you. Not after when you're beat up and went 1-4.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And I'm expecting them to seriously consider extending him. They've done it plenty of times before. The culture here makes guys want to stay. So until or IF it's just a 10 game plus playoff rental, I can see if some are not digging what they gave up.

If you want a good player, you have to give something up. I like having a proven player who can play right away. A lot more than a maybe in the draft.
This guy was what the number 8 pick? or number 6 in the draft? They're not just trading for some scrub. Just my opinion, this was a smart move, worked out for both teams.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
And I'm expecting them to seriously consider extending him. They've done it plenty of times before. The culture here makes guys want to stay. So until or IF it's just a 10 game plus playoff rental, I can see if some are not digging what they gave up.

If you want a good player, you have to give something up. I like having a proven player who can play right away. A lot more than a maybe in the draft.
This guy was what the number 8 pick? or number 6 in the draft? They're not just trading for some scrub. Just my opinion, this was a smart move, worked out for both teams.
He's definitely not a scrub. Very good player that was well liked in New York, loves the game. Pete and John leaned heavily into the love of the game element of their players the last few years. This guy fits that mold very well.

Latest posts