Trade Lockett ??

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1026909681279594496[/tweet]

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Trade no he has very little value. Resign maybe not we'll see how he does this year but he's another WR like PR that really hasn't done much but as a returner he's really good . I'm not sure you resign him just as a returner. This is a make or break year for him Seattle just can't afford to keep players that aren't producing anymore . Were in a quasi rebuilding situation and he's keeping other possibly more talented WR's from getting meaningful playing time. Then there's the salary cap and Wilson's deal that will cost a king's ransom if he keeps playing like he has and I see no reason he won't.

adeltaY

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":255ddq20 said:
Sgt. Largent":255ddq20 said:
Trading one of our best players on the last year of his deal and still not back to full health, which equals the rock bottom of his value on the trade market.

Brilliant!!!

In that case, we should trade Carson, Jordan, Clark and Doug too.

Well, hasn't everyone been bitching all year that anyone who signs a second contract gets immediately injury-prone and lazy and that no rookies should be re-signed at all in order to keep everyone young, cheap, and hungry?

Under that logic, hell yeah, trade Lockett! 6th round picks all day, Pete can coach up them DB's! And while I have you all here, why is Bobby Wagner still on this team? Shouldn't we trade him before he gets hurt?

I feel you Montana, but I'll say that it's the third contract people are worried about, not the second. That being said, there are plenty of players on their third contracts who are monsters. Calais Campbell is a great example from last season - it would've been well worth it for the Cards to keep him. Not all old players are bad or fading.

The "young, hungry, cheap" thing has become a meme. There are tons of young, hungry, and cheap players in this league who never make it past the 90 to 53 cut. Are they good? That's what matters more than anything.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
We were 2nd in the NFL on kick return yards and 4th on kick return average, all while Lockett was not 100%. Now he's 100% an the league has changed kickoff rules in a way that favours a strong return game. Why trade?

adeltaY

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2160z42g said:
We were 2nd in the NFL on kick return yards and 4th on kick return average, all while Lockett was not 100%. Now he's 100% an the league has changed kickoff rules in a way that favours a strong return game. Why trade?

Because Russell Wilson's receiving yardage has been woefully low - he needs to pump up the stat. :mrgreen:

AgentDib

Reaction score
This is an excellent head start on the posts asking if we can trade the people we will be otherwise cutting in a couple of weeks.

The real question behind any trade is whether a player will have more value to other teams than they do to your team. It's hard to see why that may be the case with Lockett, who is currently both our punt returner and our #2 receiver. Keenan Reynolds has looked very good so far but they aren't necessarily competing for a single spot.

Northwest Seahawk":20sd1g2w said:
he's keeping other possibly more talented WR's from getting meaningful playing time
It's true that we have seen more of Tyler Lockett than we have of most of our young receivers right now. It's a very common mistake for fans to bank on the unknown being better but most of the time they are worse and the known commodity is getting reps for a reason. There are a lot of moving parts to a football team and dumping contributors in the hope of finding gems in the rough is only a good strategy if you're trying to get the #1 pick next year.

sutz

Reaction score
Tough time to trade anybody. In a few weeks, the league will be flooded with players after the cut-downs. I don't see that Lockett is the kind of player that will get that "gotta have him" vibe from GM's around the league. Most teams won't be burning draft capital this time of year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pete needs to start talking glowingly about Ifedi is the answer, see a lot of injury reports concerning O line man coming up. 1st rounder that we let go for a 3rd and take the hit in the media and laugh all the way to the bank.

sutz

Reaction score
chris98251":1et905gr said:
Pete needs to start talking glowingly about Ifedi is the answer, see a lot of injury reports concerning O line man coming up. 1st rounder that we let go for a 3rd and take the hit in the media and laugh all the way to the bank.
Makes more sense than moving Lockett. :mrgreen:

mrt144

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":8hqgrqud said:
Trade one of the better players from a unit with more questions than answers? No thanks!

1 WR sets are the new schotty hotness?

mrt144

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":jxrs4b6u said:
Sgt. Largent":jxrs4b6u said:
Trading one of our best players on the last year of his deal and still not back to full health, which equals the rock bottom of his value on the trade market.

Brilliant!!!

Well, hasn't everyone been bitching all year that anyone who signs a second contract gets immediately injury-prone and lazy and that no rookies should be re-signed at all in order to keep everyone young, cheap, and hungry?

Under that logic, hell yeah, trade Lockett! 6th round picks all day, Pete can coach up them DB's! And while I have you all here, why is Bobby Wagner still on this team? Shouldn't we trade him before he gets hurt?

Not everyone. And a lot having to do with position and specific people. Like among Sherman, ET, Kam, RW, ADB, Wagz who wasnt worthy and got injured within that window and when?

Like run me down a list of players that were testy 2nd contracts?

Who among our OL was worthy of a 2nd? ;)

Fade

Reaction score
A very, very small chance he could be traded would come leading up to the deadline. The Seahawks would have to get off to a rocky start. Even then it would still be a small chance of it happening.

Not really going to happen so not worth dwelling on.

sc85sis

Reaction score
“I could (not) care less how people felt. Some people thought I had a bad season last year. I thought I had a great season, the way that I felt. Not too many people would have been able to go out there and play all 16 games, like I did, or even do half the stuff that I did. So I take that credit upon myself. I could have easily sat out and taken the easy way out, but I don’t ever do that. Coming into this year, I’m stronger mentally. I’m stronger physically. There’s a lot of things that I can do. I can go back to how I play my game.”

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... -and-more/

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
chris98251":167etqul said:

Lmao......... That's funny, but I think the league knows what Ifedi is. I think a team would sign him as a free agent, but they wouldn't give a 2025 7th round pick for the guy. But then, there is always the Colts.

Jville

Reaction score
Tyler Lockett Feels "Stronger Mentally" And "Stronger Physically" Heading Into 2018 Season >>>

“Just look to continue to further my game," he said. "Obviously going into each year, there’s things that you want to be able to work on, things that you want to get better at. My four years when I was at Kansas State, my fourth year is when I put everything together. Whenever I was a great receiver as well as a great returner, and so that’s the thing that I want to be able to do is I want to be able to put everything together. I don’t want to just be a great returner and an average receiver. I want to be able to be a great receiver and a great returner as well and I think this is the year where it happens.” -- Tyler Lockett [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/wednesday-round-up-tyler-lockett-feels-stronger-mentally-and-stronger-physically[/urltargetblank]

naholmes

Reaction score
Lockett will have a big opportunity to raise his game this season. He has millions of reasons to be motivated. This is the absolute worst possible time to trade him away. They could expect to receive similar to the 7th rounder that Cleveland just got for Corey Coleman, who’s done less than Lockett but was a 1st round pick a couple of years ago.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
mrt144":1kusfzd2 said:
MontanaHawk05":1kusfzd2 said:
Sgt. Largent":1kusfzd2 said:

Brilliant!!!

Not everyone. And a lot having to do with position and specific people. Like among Sherman, ET, Kam, RW, ADB, Wagz who wasnt worthy and got injured within that window and when?

Like run me down a list of players that were testy 2nd contracts?

Who among our OL was worthy of a 2nd? ;)

I've seen a lot of people wringing their hands over the loss of Unger and Okung.

adeltaY

Reaction score
If we kept both guys we'd have been in a much better spot. That's somewhat hindsight bias because at the time both had real injury concerns. It's "bad luck" for the FO that Okung has made 31/32 starts and Unger has made 47/48 since. Good for the players, though.

poly1274

Reaction score
I don't see why not in trading Lockett.

The best we can get is probably a 4th round or a 5th round pick . ( Patriots, GB, Dallas,Jax)
Oakland gave a 3rd round pick for Martavis Bryant.

I don't see the Seahawks extending Lockett. PR got paid 8mill a year, Lockett is gonna be paid about the same or even more than that.

adeltaY

Reaction score
poly1274":3uft0ht0 said:
I don't see why not in trading Lockett.

The best we can get is probably a 4th round or a 5th round pick . ( Patriots, GB, Dallas,Jax)
Oakland gave a 3rd round pick for Martavis Bryant.

I don't see the Seahawks extending Lockett. PR got paid 8mill a year, Lockett is gonna be paid about the same or even more than that.

We have to field a receiving Corp man. Baldwin is getting up there in age and if we don't have Lockett, assuming he proves worthy of a sizeable contract, we are in trouble. Imagine Baldwin gets hurt next year and we have no Lockett. It would be scary. Even if one of our picks this year or next year panned out to be a good WR, we'd be relying on a rookie or second year player to be a #1 WR.