Trade Lockett ??

mrt144

Reaction score
adeltaY":1xdiznti said:
poly1274":1xdiznti said:
I don't see why not in trading Lockett.

The best we can get is probably a 4th round or a 5th round pick . ( Patriots, GB, Dallas,Jax)
Oakland gave a 3rd round pick for Martavis Bryant.

I don't see the Seahawks extending Lockett. PR got paid 8mill a year, Lockett is gonna be paid about the same or even more than that.

We have to field a receiving Corp man. Baldwin is getting up there in age and if we don't have Lockett, assuming he proves worthy of a sizeable contract, we are in trouble. Imagine Baldwin gets hurt next year and we have no Lockett. It would be scary. Even if one of our picks this year or next year panned out to be a good WR, we'd be relying on a rookie or second year player to be a #1 WR.

And remember that ADB didn't hit his stride until his 5th season. Patience is sometimes rewarded.

poly1274

Reaction score
Honestly, there has to be 1 position where the Seahawks have to spend as little as money as possible, and I believe that's the WR Position.

This Year
1. Baldwin
2. Lockett
3. Brown
4. Marshall
5. Darboh.
6. McEvoy

Next Year.
1. Baldwin
2. Brown
3. Darboh
4. McEvoy
5. Johnson
6. Draft Pick

This team would still be good without Baldwin or Lockett.

mrt144

Reaction score
poly1274":1g1mehp6 said:
Honestly, there has to be 1 position where the Seahawks have to spend as little as money as possible, and I believe that's the WR Position.

This Year
1. Baldwin
2. Lockett
3. Brown
4. Marshall
5. Darboh.
6. McEvoy

Next Year.
1. Baldwin
2. Brown
3. Darboh
4. McEvoy
5. Johnson
6. Draft Pick

This team would still be good without Baldwin or Lockett.

Or a running back. Or an offensive line. Or perhaps even an interior DL that causes some measure of havoc on passing downs.

I mean, sure, you can't pay everyone but my goodness, the Hawks already didn't pay entire position groups bar one player in Baldwin and can you really tell us that the 2017 iteration was good.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Poly, how is that going to be good enough? We need guys who are going to get open and catch the ball consistently. What are we going to do for offense? You can't run it 60% of the time

poly1274

Reaction score
adeltaY":3m4zddt8 said:
Poly, how is that going to be good enough? We need guys who are going to get open and catch the ball consistently. What are we going to do for offense? You can't run it 60% of the time

Uh the Hawks are a run first team. Look at the Patriots they have Edleman and everyone is trash.

" We need guys who are going to get open and catch the ball?"

Lol.

mrt144

Reaction score
poly1274":2ei5iqfp said:
adeltaY":2ei5iqfp said:

Uh the Hawks are a run first team. Look at the Patriots they have Edleman and everyone is trash.

Lol.

If they're a run first team, why were they so laughably bad at it in 2017 with little recourse? Whatever the Hawks believe themselves to be didn't seem to align with what they did.

One could look at the situation and accentuate the positive and get a little creative but if you call yourself a run first team and you're in the lower half of rushing DVOA and your leading rusher is your QB, then you're either lying to yourself to maintain some figment of identity or you really screwed up badly at some point.

For Pete's sake, the Hawks weren't even in the top half of rushing attempts. Some of that is dictated by circumstance of the gamestate but some of that's also being borderline incompetent at it and having to delve into other options.

adeltaY

Reaction score
poly1274":105e3y55 said:
adeltaY":105e3y55 said:

Lol.

I'm honestly not sure if you're trolling.

You left out the most important word in the sentence I actually wrote - consistently. Baldwin and maybe Lockett are the only guys on the roster who have got open and caught the ball consistently and you're okay with not having either on the field?

The last time the Hawks were a good run first team was 2014 when we had prime Lynch, a good run blocking line, and Wilson ran for 800+ of those yards with six TDs. That isn't happening again. mrt144 explained clearly how we haven't been able to run worth a damn in the past two seasons. Moving up to the 15th best running game would be a massive improvement. Even a top-10 running game with a garbage passing attack won't get us anywhere, no matter how much John Fox would approve.

You bring up the Patriots and leave out arguably the most dominant offensive player who isn't a QB in Gronkowski. Not to mention they have a very good OL and Tom freakin' Brady. McDaniels calling plays is just the cherry on top. Even Chris Hogan is better than our guys below Baldwin and Lockett.

Seahawks4eva

Reaction score
One of the few hungry, humble, talented dudes out there. He was obviously slowed down from the injury but if he performs like the potential he has shown, make him a Hawk for life. I’ve met him in person and he just seems like a great all around guy.