Trade w/Denver

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
TheWebHead":3migznwp said:
If Scheider told Elway, we need a 3rd to get this done, and Elway agreed, then it's bad form to say, hang on a minute, let me talk to these other guys. They likely talked to Dallas first as they had the higher combo of picks, but got offered 2nd and 4th (reportedly).

Agreed. As I understood it from reading into the post draft comments on all three sides, the terms with Denver appeared were set early, and Dallas came in later. Jones mentioned that we didn't come back with a counter or indicate what other teams were doing. From the jist of it, I think Schneider wasn't interested in a lengthy bidding war nor exercising bad form by agreeing to one team, and then in essence taking the same deal from another even if possibly better.

I don't think Jones' style meshes well with Schneider's. And I think Elway has a more compatible style as well. I don't think it's coincidence that we seem to have recurring trade partners.

Schneider has always cultivated a fair trade partner reputation. Probably a key component why Seattle is so capable of making moves with picks that are historically tough to move. It may not min/max every single deal but it does manifest itself in the ability to make deals reliably. Trading back from the mid/late 20s is not all that common really. It just feels like it is because we do it a lot.

randomation

Reaction score
TBH I think we just didn't want to give Dallas a potential successor to Romo for anything less than a massive overpay.

kf3339

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":3d8lb049 said:
Soooooo, apparently after all the hubbub.... we were speculating on misinformation? Seattle asked for a 2 and 3 from Dallas, but they only offered a 2 and 4? This would mean the Denver trade was better all around. Lol We should have known better.
There's a thread on this with a quote from Jerry Jones "regretting" not agreeing to the 2 and 3. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=125270&p=1873353#p1873353

^This.

cheese22

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":2u51yz4u said:
Soooooo, apparently after all the hubbub.... we were speculating on misinformation? Seattle asked for a 2 and 3 from Dallas, but they only offered a 2 and 4? This would mean the Denver trade was better all around. Lol We should have known better.
There's a thread on this with a quote from Jerry Jones "regretting" not agreeing to the 2 and 3. http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 3#p1873353

Having an owner like Jerry Jones would make it hard not to jump ship.

delagator7

Reaction score
The 67th Pick wasn't offered, Dallas was willing to do it but didn't

#31 Pick is a better pick if Seattle considers Ifedi a long term solution. A 1st round pick, you can control his rights as long as 5th year option is exercised compared to the 4 years of a second round pick.