Trent Cole & Russel Okung

Smellyman

Reaction score
chawx":1uz2d328 said:
[youtube]1ERefCPSLBU[/youtube]

That play erked me so bad that I recorded that play and posted it on YouTube. $7,500 fine for that is a joke! That guy needed to be suspended for the entire year after that stunt!!

NFL i so out of whack.......intentionally hurting players, like this one and many others, 10,000 or less. not talking to media 100,000.

DJrmb

Reaction score
drrew":1lj7e157 said:
DJrmb":1lj7e157 said:
I look at it a tad bit differently...

While we all hope this will light a fire under Okung and get him playing pissed off and driven, I can't help but wonder if maybe he's actually more scared or intimidated? I hope not and I am not saying he's one or the other but we will certainly see what kind of man he is...

:snack:

Crazy. You do not reach this level if you're scared or intimidated by anyone, especially not Trent Cole. Most professional athletes (even the bench guys) firmly believe they're the absolute best in the world at what they do. An offensive lineman in the NFL does not have a career if he's legitimately scared or intimidated by anyone.

Jonathan Martin would beg to differ... Also you don't think Kam Chancellor intimidates people coming into his area??? Intimidation is a huge part of the game!

Like I said, I'm not calling it one way or the other, and my naturally assumption would be that he's going to be ready to kick Cole's @ss up and down the field, but I will be watching closely to see if he plays with a little extra nasty. I want to see Okung step up and destroy Cole as much or more than he did the last time they met!

DJrmb

Reaction score
Smellyman":2hm5icwf said:
chawx":2hm5icwf said:
[youtube]1ERefCPSLBU[/youtube]

That play erked me so bad that I recorded that play and posted it on YouTube. $7,500 fine for that is a joke! That guy needed to be suspended for the entire year after that stunt!!

NFL i so out of whack.......intentionally hurting players, like this one and many others, 10,000 or less. not talking to media 100,000.

Do you show this to the team before the game for a little bigger chip on their shoulders?

And then walk up to Marshawn and tell him about the amount of the fine Cole got vs. what he got recently??? :stirthepot:

bkit29

Reaction score
pehawk":s27nxrbc said:
SomersetHawk":s27nxrbc said:
Big Russ is due a penalty.

Exactly. I'd send Sweezy over a few times to earhole him as well.

A 15 yarder is worth it in this instance. Totally worth it. In fact, I'll be disappointed if it doesn't occur.

Forget the earhole, put his helmet in the side of his knee! Eye for an Eye!

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2jl5nub9 said:
SomersetHawk":2jl5nub9 said:
peachesenregalia":2jl5nub9 said:
Ace_Rimmer":2jl5nub9 said:
The fact that Russel didn't say something like "that was a long time ago," or "I haven't even thought about it" tells me he means business this Sunday, and is looking to lay that fool out!

Welcome aboard, mister Rimmer sir. :2:

That was Ace Rimmer, we're lucky to be alive!

Ace Rimmer: Flying over 90% of .net' heads.

Not ours, though! British sitcoms, Richie....best in the world.
You chaps are sharper than a page of Oscar Wilde witticisms rolled up into a point, sprinkled with lemon juice, and jabbed into someone's eye! (You too, Trenchbroom) :D

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I hope we have designed a play for this game that ends with Okung plowing Cole...

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I'll be THOROUGHLY overjoyed if Beast hits the outside A gap and TRUCKS him with some "Darrell Dockett, lowered shoulder, nerve damaging, helmet displaced" love!
y'all know what I'm talking about. If not, give me a sec so I can locate the gif of the play from last season...

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
815901118.gif

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":1q7gf5dm said:
DJrmb":1q7gf5dm said:
I look at it a tad bit differently...

While we all hope this will light a fire under Okung and get him playing pissed off and driven, I can't help but wonder if maybe he's actually more scared or intimidated? I hope not and I am not saying he's one or the other but we will certainly see what kind of man he is...

:snack:
The fact that Russel didn't say something like "that was a long time ago," or "I haven't even thought about it" tells me he means business this Sunday, and is looking to lay that fool out!

Exactly I think he plays extra hard this game!

Out of topic but.....Ace Rimmer, what a guy!

olyfan63

Reaction score
What I see:
1. Okung drove Cole out of play, play over for both of them 2 seconds in.
2. Okung continues to drive Cole downfield, meaningless, annoying to Cole, for another 3-4 seconds.
3. Cole waits for Okung to stop and relax
4. Cole sucker-throws Okung to send a message that 3 seconds is enough when there is no real play going on.
5. Okung has the misfortune to rip up a pec on the sucker-throw

Conclusion
1. Okung needs to be aware that if he rips off a D-Lineman's jockstrap, and strips him of his manhood, continuing well past meaningful play, the D-Line dude may not like it, and may take exception to it.
2. Okung may want to take point 1. into consideration when the play is over on future plays.
3. If Okung does continue doing this, he needs to be aware cheap shots are likely and to never let his guard down even though the play is over.

I realize the above isn't the "homer" line, but it's what I see. That said, I would love to see the old high-low run on Cole a couple times during the game, and would not shed any tears if it just happened to result in an injury that cost him the same amount of time out that Okung lost with the torn pec.

I bet Cole gets his ass handed to him on nearly every play tomorrow by an extra fired-up Okung, and that Okung does not relax or let down his guard for even 1 second when Cole is near.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
olyfan63":227qbths said:
What I see:
2. Okung continues to drive Cole downfield, meaningless, annoying to Cole, for another 3-4 seconds.
4. Cole sucker-throws Okung to send a message that 3 seconds is enough when there is no real play going on.

Conclusion
1. Okung needs to be aware that if he rips off a D-Lineman's jockstrap, and strips him of his manhood, continuing well past meaningful play, the D-Line dude may not like it, and may take exception to it.
2. Okung may want to take point 1. into consideration when the play is over on future plays.
3. If Okung does continue doing this, he needs to be aware cheap shots are likely and to never let his guard down even though the play is over.

I realize the above isn't the "homer" line, but it's what I see. That said, I would love to see the old high-low run on Cole a couple times during the game, and would not shed any tears if it just happened to result in an injury that cost him the same amount of time out that Okung lost with the torn pec.

I bet Cole gets his ass handed to him on nearly every play tomorrow by an extra fired-up Okung, and that Okung does not relax or let down his guard for even 1 second when Cole is near.

The play is not over until the whistle is blown.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
olyfan63":1vgmdrmu said:
What I see:

Conclusion

Meaningless, my ass. According to your logic, Walt didn't 'need' to put Rucker in a Burlap sack in the NFCC game and flog him endlessly either. It's a mental game as well as a physical one in the trenches. If you completely own somebody who is used to winning, it creeps into not only that person's pyche, but affects the rest of the OL. Play to the whistle, period! His assignment wasn't to intentionally whiff on that play.

I will; however, agree with you that he should have been alert for a post-whistle cheap shot, but that's experience he didn't have back then.

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawknation2014":l19a12bc said:
olyfan63":l19a12bc said:
What I see:

Conclusion

Sure, when the ref blows his whistle, the "official play" is over, for all the good that does. What's your point? Do you have one? The sucker-shot occurred after the whistle had blown. Are you saying that, in theory, Trent Cole should be an unemotional robot and be all nice and cool with it that Okung drives his ass 15 yards downfield when it's irrelevant to the developing play? There are emotional humans involved here. The "official answer" you advocate got Okung sucker-throwed and a ripped pec. Not every opponent is a Boy Scout. Best for players to keep that in mind.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
olyfan63":2x5vd8b7 said:
hawknation2014":2x5vd8b7 said:
olyfan63":2x5vd8b7 said:
What I see:

Conclusion

Sure, when the ref blows his whistle, the "official play" is over, for all the good that does. What's your point? Do you have one? The sucker-shot occurred after the whistle had blown. Are you saying that, in theory, Trent Cole should be an unemotional robot and be all nice and cool with it that Okung drives his ass 15 yards downfield when it's irrelevant to the developing play? There are emotional humans involved here. The "official answer" you advocate got Okung sucker-throwed and a ripped pec. Not every opponent is a Boy Scout. Best for players to keep that in mind.

You have to block until the whistle because Lynch could have cut that play back. To stop blocking before the play is actually over because you're afraid your opponent will cheap shot you is not Seahawk football, it's pu$$yball.

Cole cost his team a 15-yard penalty because he couldn't take the fact that he was getting owned like a lil' biatch.

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2b2fvjbk said:
You have to block until the whistle because Lynch could have cut that play back. To stop blocking before the play is actually over because you're afraid your opponent will cheap shot you is not Seahawk football, it's pu$$yball.

Cole cost his team a 15-yard penalty because he couldn't take the fact that he was getting owned like a lil' biatch.

Upon further review... I now see it differently. Cole capturing Okungs arm evokes flashbacks of Ronda Rousey setting up her famous arm-bar submission; the difference is, that's in an MMA ring and opponents know it's coming. Cole spent a couple full seconds of the play setting up Okung for this cheap shot. I was looking at it from the wrong perspective, as a football play, rather than as a premeditated martial arts move by Cole, cleverly disguised to fit into a football play looking like an ordinary random cheapshot.

What I NOW see:
1. Okung drives Cole out of play, and drives him about 5 yards, nearly straight downfield, then lets off, a yard before the 5-yard field marker, about 5 seconds into the video.
2. Just before the 6-second mark, right as Okung lets off, Cole grabs Okung's arm, turns away from him, and starts dragging Okung at a sharper angle toward the sideline. Looks like he's already decided on taking a cheap shot.
3. Cole takes several more steps, dragging Okung, setting him up. Okung is probably thinking "WTF? Why isn't he letting me disengage?" at this point, with no idea what is coming next, while Cole has locked up his arm in an judo-throw type fashion.
4. Cole sucker-throws Okung because Cole is a whiny c*nt who just got his ass owned and doesn't like it.

Conclusion
1. This was a criminal act and forget everything else, Cole should have served jail time for criminal assault. He's damn lucky this was in an NFL game.
2. Okung now knows that if he rips off a D-Lineman's jockstrap, and strips him of his manhood, there are whiny c*nt psychopaths like Cole that may come up with creative ways to cheap shot him.

The whistle is totally irrelevant to the whole situation because this was a premeditated cheap shot by Cole. If anything, Cole was just deviously waiting for the whistle for Okung to relax before starting his cheap-shot throw.

I have no doubt Okung has looked at the play and it's burned into memory and anytime someone tries crap even remotely like that he'll have a sumo wrestling move or some other martial arts counter.

Now I see that this was a cold, calculating, premeditated criminal act by Cole. Given the level of league hypocrite attention given to the Ray Rice incident, Cole's premeditated criminal act deserved jail time and at least a full year suspension from the NFL.

fav13259

Reaction score
So how did Okung do yesterday against cole? I saw Cole get 9 tackles but were there any times Okung got the best of him?

olyfan63

Reaction score
fav13259":2kb6m1xv said:
So how did Okung do yesterday against cole? I saw Cole get 9 tackles but were there any times Okung got the best of him?

It seemed like Cole's main presence was in thwarting some of Russell's read-option runs. About 3 or 4 times Russell kept the ball and Cole was there to rein him in. Aside from that, I didn't really notice Cole.

In the grand scheme of things, Seattle rolled up 440 yards of offense, to 139 yards for Philly. Russell threw for 250+ and only got sacked twice for a total of 11 yards. By definition, given those stats, Okung had a kickass game.

Latest posts